Maryland law enforcement using tag re...

Maryland law enforcement using tag readers

There are 23 comments on the Public Opinion story from May 13, 2011, titled Maryland law enforcement using tag readers. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

May 13, 2011 -- The Maryland State Police, Washington County Sheriff's Office and Hagerstown Police Department joined forces and used modern technology to identify drivers who continue to drive with suspended driver's licenses or with vehicle tags that are suspended.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Do your part

Greencastle, PA

#21 May 14, 2011
anon wrote:
I've read where they use the technology in parking lots - I think they do it at BWI. The cars have to park in the spaces face in, and they have a "gun" that reads the tags and checks them against a database to find cars with no registration, suspended licenses, too many tickets, etc.
A friend worked with a crew of guys who haven't had a license in years, and they drove from Bedford County to Baltimore and other places every week. They stopped at our house one evening last summer drunk as skunks; they were on their way home from Baltimore. If that technology had been used to identify them, people on the Turnpike would have been much safer....
Did you call and report the drunk as skunk driver to make the people on the turnpike a little safer?
blah

United States

#22 May 14, 2011
i had a possession of small amount of marijuana 4 years ago. 6 months ago i got pulled over in Virginia and they were using this technology. the cop almost immediately after asking for drivers license and proof of insurance started telling me that there was red flags that came up when they scanned my plate and wanted to know if i had any marijuana in the car and that he knew i i had a record of marijuana use. that is harassment and if you think that is right they you people are fools.
nannyof3

New Bloomfield, PA

#23 May 14, 2011
Why is everyone so negative? I for one am glad they are getting these people. If they don't have legal registration then they don't have insurance either. How many times have you looked at a person driving in front of you that had an expired tag and was still driving? I see it everyday. Maybe you would prefer that one of those idiots with no coverage could be involved in and accident with you. Quit putting down law enforcement all the time as there are a lot of good officiers out there risking their lives for everyone's safety.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hagerstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jan '18 FireFellow44 21
News Lombard Street sniper of 1976 strikes plea deal... Jan '18 noobieR 1
Vincent e martz Mercersburg pa egor Dec '17 Vincent martz 1
Red Roof Inn Dec '17 Been There Done That 2
No Surrender Motorcycle Club? Dec '17 Sterling 2
How old ....... Nov '17 Guest 1
Do You Know George Issac Rice? ( Ike) (Nov '09) Nov '17 Smithsburg Pete 9

Hagerstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hagerstown Mortgages