Western Maryland Police Officer Fatally Shot

Smithsburg Police Chief Charles R. Stanford says a department officer was shot and killed Wednesday night. Full Story
FliHi23

College Park, MD

#1 Dec 20, 2007
Where do we send the card with money/money order or check. THANKS
FliHi23

College Park, MD

#2 Dec 20, 2007
OOppps...wrong post. SORRY
disgusted

United States

#3 Dec 20, 2007
and Maryland wants to be the second state to get rid of the death penalty...what are you thinking, O'Malley?
DC fireman

Chesapeake Beach, MD

#4 Dec 20, 2007
Keyword "O'Malley". God bless the officer and his family and co-workers.
Time 40

Baltimore, MD

#5 Dec 20, 2007
Well served Brother. May you rest in Peace.
We will take it from here.
worried 1

Hagerstown, MD

#6 Dec 20, 2007
it would appear there is some explaining to be done, why only one officer was dispatched to pick up a confessed killer? why was newly appointed chief Stanford not involved? who gave the order for only one officer to go to the seen? and the list of questions go on and on and on! i don't understand, i spoke with this police officer a few times out in front of my home,though we were not personal friends i will say he was one of the few officers here in smithsburg who felt the need to do his job well.
god bless this officer, this could have been avoided!

hey Stanford, we want some answers!
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#7 Dec 20, 2007
Bless this officer and all the others who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty. My prayers and thoughts are with his family and friends.
davemcpbs wva

Frederick, MD

#8 Dec 20, 2007
HEY WORRIED I WAS LISTEING TO THAT CALL ON THE SCANNER SEEMS TO ME THERE WAS ONLY 1 OFFECER ON DUTY AT THE TIME AND HE WAS WAITING FOR BACK UP TO GET THETERE WHEN THIS ALL WENT DOWN I KNOW THE CHEIF WAS NOT ENVOVED BUT IM SURE HE WAS NOFFIED WHERN IT HAPPEN HE WAS NOT TOLD TO PICK UP ANYBODY HE WAS GOING OUT FOR A DOSMATIC CALL AND THEY NEVER KNOW WHAT THERE GETTING INTO TILL THEY GET THERE
Erica-Berkeley Springs WV

Auburn Hills, MI

#9 Dec 20, 2007
I Am a close relative of the female victim, she was a great girl, with a great personality, and two beautiful kids, I just want to say that she was loved very much and will be sadly missed by all her family and friends. Also, May god bless the family and friends of the officer. Rest in Peace Allison!!
worried 1

Hagerstown, MD

#10 Dec 20, 2007
your quote davemcpbs:NEVER KNOW WHAT THERE GETTING INTO TILL THEY GET THERE

and there should never be only one officer on duty,

maybe 30 yrs. ago, in mayberry!
and you know i'm rite!
David

AOL

#11 Dec 20, 2007
the 1st thing someone needs to know what to write . Alison Munson never had a police record , it was Doug Pryor!Everything was against him , not her . Yes I know this for fact, Alison was my neice . Please correct this story
gerbear

Brunswick, MD

#12 Dec 21, 2007
You may want to correct the statement that says "Court documents say Munson had filed a petition against Munson for child support Dec. 4." I think that was suppose to say that Munson has filed a petition against Pryor for child support. Thought you would want to know to make the correction!
karen

Hagerstown, MD

#14 Dec 22, 2007
Thanks to the Judge for in forsight in not having weapons taken away from this maniac. He was well known to the authorities and had a very lengthy record. But, we wouldn't want to infringe on his rights.

My thoughts are with the family of a very dedicated man who lost his life too early and to the children who saw their father murder their mother.
hardtomakesenseo fit

Hagerstown, MD

#15 Jan 4, 2008
There are many questions to be answered indeed. Why did one single offcer not wait for back up and "close in" someone already known to be dangerous. Knowing the area and locations, a "reasonable distance" was not kept, placing the officer in immediate jeopardy.
This was a tragic and preventable situation. God Bless the children of Alison Munson and Douglas Pryor as well as well as the relatives of all the victims, both living and dead.
As for our newly appointed chief, I don't see how you can blame him for the inexperience of an officer who was hired two years prior. It seems our county sheriff's department was the one calling the shots on this one.
Condolences to everyone touched or affected by this tragedy.
worried 1 wrote:
it would appear there is some explaining to be done, why only one officer was dispatched to pick up a confessed killer? why was newly appointed chief Stanford not involved? who gave the order for only one officer to go to the seen? and the list of questions go on and on and on! i don't understand, i spoke with this police officer a few times out in front of my home,though we were not personal friends i will say he was one of the few officers here in smithsburg who felt the need to do his job well.
Tired

United States

#16 Jan 12, 2008
worried 1 wrote:
Where was Newland?? Sitting in someones driveway trying to catch someone going a couple of miles an hour over the speed limit??? This guy is worthless as a police man.
Balzac

Dayton, OH

#17 Jan 13, 2008
NEVER KNOW WHAT THERE GETTING INTO TILL THEY GET THERE
and there should never be only one officer on duty,
maybe 30 yrs. ago, in mayberry!
and you know i'm rite!
Anyone doing thier duty for the public knows that domestic disputes injure and kill more officers than any other calls.As for being alone.When you get the assignment you GO!Backup is great and will be waited on by the first responder but if life is threatened you have no choice,PROTECT AND SERVE!
lilybelle

Hagerstown, MD

#18 Oct 5, 2011
What ever happened to this cop killer?

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

#19 Oct 11, 2011
He's probably still rotting in Prison on the Taxpayers Dime. Living better than he would if he were out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hagerstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Church of God Universal is a Cult (Jul '12) Oct 19 mct 28
polo guy Oct 19 nice guy 1
Hagerstown Ranked Second in Nation for Ugliest Men (Oct '09) Oct 17 pat 20
job opening Oct 10 Amy Frey 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Hagerstown, MD (Aug '10) Sep '14 Jay Gould 22
Debate: Marijuana - Hagerstown, MD (Aug '10) Sep '14 heraldo 42
AAA: Md. Drivers Paying $3.44 Per Gallon Aug '14 John Petro 1
Hagerstown Dating
Find my Match

Hagerstown Jobs