Pharmacist can no longer dispense controlled dangerous substances

Mar 17, 2011 Full story: Herald-Mail

A Hagerstown pharmacist has been prohibited from dispensing drugs classified as controlled dangerous substances following allegations that he filled thousands of prescriptions for Oxycodone, OxyContin, methadone and other powerful painkillers written by two physicians whose licenses were subsequently suspended.

Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 24, 2011
...and some wonder why some look for Mexican or Canadian sources,beside the cost now the pharmices get hit?..what is a chrinic to do???..get a pump!!!!.. www.medtronic.com

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 24, 2011
EZ ERIC outside philly wrote:
...and some wonder why some look for Mexican or Canadian sources,beside the cost now the pharmices get hit?..what is a chrinic to do???..get a pump!!!!.. www.medtronic.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WVx7InnsH8oXX
Did you really read the article Eric ? "Young people that appeared to be in good health and NOT in chronic pain." Out of service or unanswered phones at the doctors offices.

It is difficult for a doc to know exactly how much pain a patient is in and what the appropriate medication might be but, when one sees a pattern of abuse by a physician is it imprudent to investigate and take action against those supplying CDS to those with little or no need ?

You responded in to a woman on another thread that had lost a 22 year old son and, did so in a kind and understanding manner. I doubt that you like reading posts like that any more than I do and you feel just as bad as I do when reading them.

Stopping physician abuse and keeping the flow of needed medication to those that have a legitimate need is important less that flow be stopped to those with need.

So, is it also inappropriate to limit a pharmacist's license when he contributes to the problem ? Legitimate pain sufferers may be inconvenienced by having to go to a more judicious pharmacy but they're not cut off.

Location hidden

#3 Mar 24, 2011
..so the rest of the pharms scrpits written by other doctors,should not be filled? You have a script for anti biotics and now,the only place in town that took your plan,is gone. Not defending the cat that puts the label on the little bottles from the big,he knew or should have known...my point may have been..due to his greed the cost of prescription drugs has gone beserk in our country,leading people to not only buy via this dumb box,but book trips to Mexico and Canada for the soul purpose to buy drugs,that they need for a price they can pay.But hey always been correct,I say damm near anything you jump on my shit...now reread what I typed first time out....do I defend the doctor or the money making pharma rip?...peace in the streets alfonce even yours....A.lways B.eing C.orrect gotta be tuff...

Location hidden

#5 Mar 24, 2011
..dirty pants..night in the box....soiled pants..night inthe box,with the pants... gonna beat ya to it Alfonce eat an egg,or fifty!!!..
what a flick??!!....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hagerstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Church of God Universal is a Cult (Jul '12) Oct 19 mct 28
polo guy Oct 19 nice guy 1
Hagerstown Ranked Second in Nation for Ugliest Men (Oct '09) Oct 17 pat 20
job opening Oct 10 Amy Frey 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Hagerstown, MD (Aug '10) Sep '14 Jay Gould 22
Debate: Marijuana - Hagerstown, MD (Aug '10) Sep '14 heraldo 42
AAA: Md. Drivers Paying $3.44 Per Gallon Aug '14 John Petro 1
Hagerstown Dating
Find my Match

Hagerstown People Search