Lakeside Restaurant to open in former...

Lakeside Restaurant to open in former fort's officers' club

There are 37 comments on the Herald-Mail story from Jun 17, 2010, titled Lakeside Restaurant to open in former fort's officers' club. In it, Herald-Mail reports that:

The co-owners of a new restaurant on the grounds of the former Fort Ritchie Army base near Cascade said they plan to open for business by July 15.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Herald-Mail.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

#1 Jun 18, 2010
Does this count toward COPT's job count? No one has been able to tell me when the clock starts/started and how many jobs COPT believes it created. Hrm.

#2 Jun 18, 2010
I will try the restaurant.
gumshoe

Hagerstown, MD

#3 Oct 10, 2010
I was advised this evening that the restaurant is to open on October 22, 2010.
gumshoe

Hagerstown, MD

#4 Oct 11, 2010
GenPatton wrote:
I will try the restaurant.
Have you seen a copy of the menu? I am looking for it.

#5 Oct 12, 2010
Not as of yet.
gumshoe

Hagerstown, MD

#6 Nov 8, 2010
Almost a month and still no information about the place or if it has opened. Anyone know anything?

#7 Nov 9, 2010
No major info, but what I do have is, the operators of the establishment are connected with the operators of The Lodge in Blue Ridge Summit. I haven't been there either so if anyone has info to share on that place it might help.
gumshoe

Hagerstown, MD

#8 Nov 10, 2010
You are correct about the connection. The restaurant at theLodge has been closed for some time. The rooms at the Lodge are in use and the relationship exists. I do not understand why there is no publicity.
Mark lynch

Waynesboro, PA

#9 Feb 20, 2011
For more info go to www.lakesidefortritchie.com
Everything you are asking about is there.

#10 Feb 22, 2011
Mark lynch wrote:
For more info go to www.lakesidefortritchie.com
Everything you are asking about is there.
Wow, for real?

This looks like a rip off of the Applebee's menu.

I actually thought we might get something new.

Oh well, probably be run into the ground like the Lodge is.
Mark lynch

Waynesboro, PA

#11 Mar 13, 2011
Here are a few facts for you sir.......
The lodge did 67 events in 2010'
We have 58 events booked for 2011 as of feb 28

We have had many happy brides come to the lodge.
Why don't you check facts and use your Real name before
Write the next time.
mary middleton

Walled Lake, MI

#12 Mar 13, 2011
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, for real?
This looks like a rip off of the Applebee's menu.
I actually thought we might get something new.
Oh well, probably be run into the ground like the Lodge is.
Dear Gen. Patton,
Your comment on The Lodge and Lakeside Fort Ritchie comes across as mean,narrow minded and jealous
Lakeside menu is it's own, the food is great and as for something different I would think the lakeside view is far more appealing than the Wal-Mart parking lot.The Lodge is very much operational and hosting more events than ever. Get your facts straight before making comments in which you know nothing about.

#13 Mar 13, 2011
mary middleton wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Gen. Patton,
Your comment on The Lodge and Lakeside Fort Ritchie comes across as mean,narrow minded and jealous
Lakeside menu is it's own, the food is great and as for something different I would think the lakeside view is far more appealing than the Wal-Mart parking lot.The Lodge is very much operational and hosting more events than ever. Get your facts straight before making comments in which you know nothing about.
Mark & Mary,

I live in the area, work in the area, do business in the area, and know of the area. The reputation of the Lodge is declining.

Hot dogs on the menu? For Real?
mary middleton

Walled Lake, MI

#14 Mar 14, 2011
Dear Gen. Patton,
Since you are a member of the community in all the ways you have stated, one would think you would welcome any new commerce. It could only serve the whole and not just a few. This leads me to give you a few details. I understand the disappointment of a few in the closing of the Inn as a restaurant. Simply stated The Inn only served a few. We wanted a restaurant that would welcome the whole community. Hence the effort to move the restaurant to The Lodge building. It soon became apparent that The Lodge was the place many more wanted to have events than the place to dine. Good business sense stated the obvious. The decision to close the restaurant at The Lodge was not made easily or taken lightly on our part.
Lakeside at Fort Ritchie was the opportunity to have a restaurant in the area that would do two things, have a family style restaurant where all would be able to come, feel welcome,and afford.(something the Inn was not)and promote job opportunities (something the area sorely needs)
This is something COPT has been promoting for Fort Ritchie...Live,Work,Play. I am honored and proud to be a part of something positive that promotes a better quality of life for all and not just a few.
And Yes Hot Dogs are on our lunch menu!

#15 Mar 14, 2011
Mary, did the 5-10 part time jobs you the retaurant created count toward COPT's total?

#16 Mar 14, 2011
As far as a better quality of life for all, look at your prices again. Since the Army left, wages and the area have been depressed. Your prices do not reflect the reality of the area.

#17 May 19, 2011
I see the Hot Dogs are gone from the Menu. Gee I'm surprised.

#18 May 23, 2011
Ok, here's an unofficial review.

Went to dinner there about two weeks ago.

1. Walked in seated my self as directed by the sign. Waited about 15 minutes before anyone acknowledged me.

2. Wanted a glass of wine, selection was just above Boone's Farm.

3. Menu has been revamped, Hot Dogs are gone. A decent selection of meals.

4. Ordered: Appetizer: Soft Pretzel topped with Crabmeat (I assume) and cheese.
Entree: Surf and Turf

The appetizer was ok, neat idea
Entree: Crab cake was a step below Exceptional, well done. The Petite Tenderlion, while a very nice cut and size, was, in my opinion seasoned to much. Put down the Montreal Steak Seasoning and let the flavor come through. Salty.

Since the wine selection did not exsist, I opted for a Glass of Blue Moon Beer. I heard a nice selection of beer.

Overall enjoyable, a step or two above Applebees. It could be better with some tweaking.

Will I go back......probably. The Alaskan Pollock looked interesting.
Casey Smith

Laurel, MD

#19 Sep 19, 2011
What's up with this place?
lilybelle

Hagerstown, MD

#20 Sep 19, 2011
Casey Smith wrote:
What's up with this place?
I went to a wedding at Lakeside over Labor day weekend and it was lovely!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hagerstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News He's Right Apr 24 Three Days 2
Bethany Crabtree Where is she? does she owe you... (Mar '15) Apr 16 Not surprised 2
News Questionable Spending Unearthed at Famous Cemetery Apr 14 Suzy Jane 1
Review: Salvatore & Boyer, LLC Apr 11 Anonymous 3
info Mar '16 Mike Burk 1
Review: Psychic Reading By Nancy Mar '16 Just me 7
News 'My 600-Lb. Life' takes viewers on 'Chad's Stor... Mar '16 Booker 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hagerstown Mortgages