Local Muslims worry about their safety

As people across America reflect on the events of 9/11, local Muslims are concerned about the safety of those who practice Islam, and about the dangers that can result from Islamophobia, bigotry, and radical Christian fundamentalism. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Daves not here

United States

#48 Sep 11, 2010
Let us all put Jesus Fish emblems on our cars. That will show them who is superior.
wanderer

Carlisle, PA

#50 Sep 11, 2010
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>Timothy McVeigh kinda screws up your arguement, doesn't he? ergo. All radical Christians must be terrorists!
McVeigh, according to his own words, was an agnostic. Several of his "friends" are on record confirming many of his anti-Christian quotes.
Tootsie

Hendersonville, TN

#52 Sep 11, 2010
Raven wrote:
A reminder to the deaf, blind, and unfortunately not speechless - both Muslims and Christians pray to one God Almighty who demands love and peace. It is not religion that causes problems - it is men of no faith - Russ, Glenn and mindless bigots.
You are the misinformed when it comes to the religion of Islam and Christainity. Both do not pray to the same god. Islam prays to the moon god Alla , thus comes the crescent and the star symbol of their religion. There were over 360 gods in Mohammed's day in the 7th century and the moon god Alla was his families favorite. In the first 4 chapters of the Koran it does speak of love and peace, but in the other book of Mohammed's teachings is the Hadith and it speaks of killing the infidel and killing non believers. Waging war for the advancement of his religion and promotes his god above all others to be the one true god and none believers, if allowed to live, will be slaves or second class citizens in more recent years in Islamic countries. Their aim is to conquer the world for Islam. They have permission from Mohammed to lie, steal or do any other horrid thing to promote the religion.
LIL JOHN

Landisburg, PA

#56 Sep 11, 2010
Patty WAC wrote:
Last night thousands of New Yorkers gathered in downtown Manhattan to express their solidarity with the Islamic community’s RIGHT to build a cultural center in the vicinity of ‘Ground Zero’.
http://desertpeace.wordpress.com/2010/09/11/p...
Where's the wide angle shots to prove thousands are there -- as a conspiricy nut -- don't you want proof? LOLOLLL
Dave

Newport, PA

#61 Sep 12, 2010
cletus slack jawed yocal wrote:
<quoted text> dave you are such a worthless scab !u have such a hate for glen beck and rush just because they speak the truth, and that is what you cant stand,, such a old fool
Yep, Sure, Glenn Beck, the uneducated, ex-druggie, entertainer, racist liar.
Grumpy

United States

#65 Sep 12, 2010
mainline wrote:
You've got to be kidding. Christians don't blow up and behead people who embrace other religions. Someone please name one Muslim country where people enjoy freedom and a modern, civilized lifestyle.
But Christians did exactly that during the crusades and the inquisition and during pogroms in eastern Europe. Of course that mostly occured 700 to 900 years ago but our Muslim friends remember and will kill you all for the indignities they suffered.
Former Chambersburg Girl

Carlisle, PA

#66 Sep 12, 2010
mainline wrote:
You've got to be kidding. Christians don't blow up and behead people who embrace other religions. Someone please name one Muslim country where people enjoy freedom and a modern, civilized lifestyle.
wow...guess you haven't been watching the news...our last President (a "Christian") had 150K innocent Iraqi people killed who had nothing to do with the terrorist attacks
Six

Piqua, OH

#80 Sep 13, 2010
RUN N WILD wrote:
Dont like it here LEAVE, we dont want you or your bible. We have enough Christian bible thumpers already, dont need Muslim koran thumpers too. What part of you are not welcome here dont you understand.
That is a stupid statement. There are millions of American-born citizens who are Muslim; where are THEY supposed to leave to? Again, the Constitution gives Americans the right to practice whatever religion they choose or to practice no religion if they choose. It's one of the founding principles of our country. If you don't like it, I suggest that YOU leave.
Six

Piqua, OH

#81 Sep 13, 2010
LIL JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Slander ---- 2. a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report..
That BTW -- is also the definition of '''your posts''' which always come with out supporting sources!
So now Lil John says that if we don't include sources with our posts, than we are slandering.

Peanut, walnut, brazil nut, cashew, pistachio, almond, hickory nut, filburt / hazelnut, black walnut, butternut, macademia, and pecans all have something in common with you, Lil John - you're ALL nuts!
Six

Piqua, OH

#82 Sep 13, 2010
Then, not than
ashamed

Waynesboro, PA

#84 Sep 13, 2010
all you so called Christians that post your hate for Muslims just because of some fanatic Islamic terrorists. It's when i see stuff being posted like this that i even feel ashamed to call myself a christian.
LIL JOHN

Landisburg, PA

#85 Sep 13, 2010
Six wrote:
<quoted text>
So now Lil John says that if we don't include sources with our posts, than we are slandering.
Peanut, walnut, brazil nut, cashew, pistachio, almond, hickory nut, filburt / hazelnut, black walnut, butternut, macademia, and pecans all have something in common with you, Lil John - you're ALL nuts!
Is that all you ever have to say -- what does your comments say about you?

Read your own comments and reflect -- do you really think you are clever to post that trash?

If would be more clever for you , if you could prove me wrong instead acting like a 2nd grade idiot!

But alas -- that would take more than what you have, so you are doomed to posting the child-like comments like we see in your most recent post!
Six

United States

#86 Sep 13, 2010
LIL JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that all you ever have to say -- what does your comments say about you?
Read your own comments and reflect -- do you really think you are clever to post that trash?
If would be more clever for you , if you could prove me wrong instead acting like a 2nd grade idiot!
But alas -- that would take more than what you have, so you are doomed to posting the child-like comments like we see in your most recent post!
Not at all. You see, I have a life. I don't sit in my basement gathering "sources" from biased publications with which to be hateful towards others. Truthfully, I "read" my news online (several local and a couple of national news sources), then go about living. In fact, when I'm done here, I've got some gardening to do. I won't be searching the internet for what I think (but nobody else thinks) are clever put-downs to your biased and negative junk posts. Have fun working tonight little boy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hagerstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Life Treatment Center (Apr '13) Nov 15 Todd 5
Do You Know George Issac Rice? ( Ike) (Nov '09) Nov 8 wolf 1972 2
Church of God Universal is a Cult (Jul '12) Oct '14 mct 28
polo guy Oct '14 nice guy 1
Hagerstown Ranked Second in Nation for Ugliest Men (Oct '09) Oct '14 pat 20
job opening Oct '14 Amy Frey 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Hagerstown, MD (Aug '10) Sep '14 Jay Gould 22
Hagerstown Dating
Find my Match

Hagerstown People Search