Local Muslims worry about their safety

Local Muslims worry about their safety

There are 53 comments on the Public Opinion story from Sep 11, 2010, titled Local Muslims worry about their safety. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

As people across America reflect on the events of 9/11, local Muslims are concerned about the safety of those who practice Islam, and about the dangers that can result from Islamophobia, bigotry, and radical Christian fundamentalism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bob G

Waynesboro, PA

#1 Sep 11, 2010
Haq got his "Doves" in Waynesboro, some person or group else cleans the area up occasionally.
And, what the heck is a "common American"? Racist remark? I think so.

“Divine Hag”

Since: Jun 08

Briar Patch

#2 Sep 11, 2010
Gee. Why would local Muslims worry about their safety?

http://www.publicopiniononline.com/ci_1604753...

pathetic
ZJLC

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Sep 11, 2010
Why don't you write an article on the threat to Christians and how they feel about being "infidels" and seeing the burning of the American Flag. Also I have yet to hear an outcry from any of the muslim officials about 9/11, yet there were many muslim peoples dancing in the street after it happened. "Loving" people don't celebrate the destruction of any life! "Loving" people don't proclaim their desire to eliminate a certain sect of people who don't honor or bow to their leader.
EWP

Greencastle, PA

#5 Sep 11, 2010
The media trips all over itself in condemning Christians when one wacky zealot makes idiotic comments.
But how dare we have suspicions or reservations about a religion that has time and time again shown it's hatred, and violence against non Muslims.
I'm tired of muslims crying wolf and portraying themselves as victims. This nation is the most free of any other on the planet. Our nation was founded on religious freedom. Nowhere else in the world would Muslims be afforded the freedom to practice their beliefs, along side Christians, Jews, and Atheists.
For all the whining put on display by self appointed Muslim leaders they can rarely if ever give examples of how they've been persecuted by Islamophobes.
Now, I can give hundreds of examples of Jews, and Christians and non-believers being murdered by violent Muslim extremists.
9 years ago 5000 Americans lost their lives at the hands of violent extremist Muslims. Thousands of American Service members have given their lives to protect Muslims and Americans around the globe.
I've had enough of Muslims crying wolf.
My Opinion

Mercersburg, PA

#6 Sep 11, 2010
EWP wrote:
The media trips all over itself in condemning Christians when one wacky zealot makes idiotic comments.
But how dare we have suspicions or reservations about a religion that has time and time again shown it's hatred, and violence against non Muslims.
I'm tired of muslims crying wolf and portraying themselves as victims. This nation is the most free of any other on the planet. Our nation was founded on religious freedom. Nowhere else in the world would Muslims be afforded the freedom to practice their beliefs, along side Christians, Jews, and Atheists.
For all the whining put on display by self appointed Muslim leaders they can rarely if ever give examples of how they've been persecuted by Islamophobes.
Now, I can give hundreds of examples of Jews, and Christians and non-believers being murdered by violent Muslim extremists.
9 years ago 5000 Americans lost their lives at the hands of violent extremist Muslims.
Thousands of American Service members have given their lives to protect Muslims and Americans around the globe.
I've had enough of Muslims crying wolf.
This says it all.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#7 Sep 11, 2010
ZJLC wrote:
Why don't you write an article on the threat to Christians and how they feel about being "infidels" and seeing the burning of the American Flag. Also I have yet to hear an outcry from any of the muslim officials about 9/11, yet there were many muslim peoples dancing in the street after it happened. "Loving" people don't celebrate the destruction of any life! "Loving" people don't proclaim their desire to eliminate a certain sect of people who don't honor or bow to their leader.
So I take it you don't support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I mean, surely don't, because you did, you'd be a hypocrite after making a comment like this.
Her

Chambersburg, PA

#8 Sep 11, 2010
If they are so afraid, they today, a day of remembrance for Americans, should just stay inside.
pete

Carlisle, PA

#9 Sep 11, 2010
You people are clearly not qualified to live in this beautiful democracy.
Dave

Waynesboro, PA

#11 Sep 11, 2010
ZJLC wrote:
Oh freakin please. I guess you never read the Old Testament.

If you never read an outcry from a Muslim official then I suggest to turn off Glenn Beck & Rush Limbaugh & become an informed citizen instead of another misinformed Franklin County bigot.
State of affairs

Chambersburg, PA

#12 Sep 11, 2010
The sad part is, the US Muslim community as a whole did not condemn the terrorist acts of 9-11. They stood silently by and watched the carnage. Did they not have the courage as Americans to stand against the extremists across the sea? What does that say about their religion? Or them?
mainline

Greencastle, PA

#14 Sep 11, 2010
You've got to be kidding. Christians don't blow up and behead people who embrace other religions. Someone please name one Muslim country where people enjoy freedom and a modern, civilized lifestyle.
Raven

Chambersburg, PA

#15 Sep 11, 2010
A reminder to the deaf, blind, and unfortunately not speechless - both Muslims and Christians pray to one God Almighty who demands love and peace. It is not religion that causes problems - it is men of no faith - Russ, Glenn and mindless bigots.
Due Process

Chambersburg, PA

#16 Sep 11, 2010
If Muslims around the world feel that they have to take illegal, terroristic actions in order to respond to some wacko who wants to burn a Quran, then they truly do not understand the concept of tolerance.
thought

Carlisle, PA

#17 Sep 11, 2010
Please read the following article to be better informed:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/islam_cent...
View

Elizabethtown, PA

#18 Sep 11, 2010
It wasn't the religion that struck out against Americans it was the terrorists. They just happened to have been of that religion.
Tolerance

Greencastle, PA

#19 Sep 11, 2010
The problem with Islam is that our government seems to be going out of its way to appease Muslims. Is Islam a threat to Christianity? Yes, the two will never coexist. Many Muslims want to change this country to suit their religion. Why live here? when there are so many Islamic countries that share your religious views. If one man burning a holy book is enough to incite Muslims to violence, I guess any excuse will do.
Anon

Jersey Shore, PA

#20 Sep 11, 2010
State of affairs wrote:
The sad part is, the US Muslim community as a whole did not condemn the terrorist acts of 9-11. They stood silently by and watched the carnage. Did they not have the courage as Americans to stand against the extremists across the sea? What does that say about their religion? Or them?

This is the key. 100% of the problem. I do not want the extremist to burn their Holy book, not at all. I he had did this, I would denounce him for doing so. However, where has the outrage been from the Muslims after 9/11, or towards their terrorist groups? How many leaders have stood up and said we denounce Hamas, we denounce Hezbollah, we denounce Al-Queda, we denounce the beheading of Daniel Pearl, we denounce burning American corpses and hanging them from bridge overpasses? Come on.

They do not condemn them. The only public thing they've done in 9 years is decide to try to build a Victory Monument at Ground Zero to rub it in a little. Of course, we're supposed to grin and take that though. There is no outrage in their community to not incite us, that it would put Muslims lives at danger, that it could fuel anti-Muslim flames around the world. Two way street here.
Queen can post too

Napoleon, OH

#21 Sep 11, 2010
Have any of you Christians even taken the time to read parts of the Qu'ran? It has some of the most beautiful passages I've ever read.

I wonder, if someone accidentally took a Bible that was printed in Arabic to this Qu'ran burning would the idiots even be able to recognize the difference?

I am a proud Christian who believes that everyone has the right to believe in what they want.

It's the extremists in ALL religions that cause the harm...
just as bad

Hanover, PA

#22 Sep 11, 2010
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh freakin please. I guess you never read the Old Testament.
If you never read an outcry from a Muslim official then I suggest to turn off Glenn Beck & Rush Limbaugh & become an informed citizen instead of another misinformed Franklin County bigot.
Another public service announcement from the leader of bigots, Dave.
WheresDaBacon

Chambersburg, PA

#23 Sep 11, 2010
If I was scared, I would MOVE!!!!

Go live with the other Muslims...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hagerstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Attorney for 15-year-old girl pepper-sprayed by... 15 hr noobieR 2
News BUSTED: Cops caught on video pepper-spraying ha... 18 hr TrapMusic 3
Mitzi's gentlemen's club Sep 18 Chuck 4
Mitzi's gentlemen's club Sep 17 JOE 1
Billy hutzell (Nov '15) Aug '16 Barney 2
Bethany Crabtree Where is she? does she owe you... (Mar '15) Jul '16 big member 3
rv center (Oct '08) Jul '16 Martz friends 23

Hagerstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hagerstown Mortgages