How to fly the Flag
Soldier

Peoria, IL

#1 May 11, 2010
I was very dissapointed when I came to watch a track meet last week at your elementry school. A major storm was coming in and it was getting dark. The American Flag was left on the pole unlocked and unlit. Not to mention you could really use a new one. I decided I would get the guide for how to fly the Flag, apperently you havent read it.
(PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO NUMBER 9 AND 10)

How to Fly The American Flag
Ten Guidelines

1. The flag should be hoisted briskly and lowered ceremoniously.

2. The flag is never allowed to touch the ground or the floor.

3. When hung over a sidewalk on a rope extending from a building to a pole, the union stars are always away from the building.

4. When vertically hung over the center of the street, the flag always has the union star to the north in an east/west street, and to the east in a north/south street.

5. The flag of the United States of America should be at the center and at the highest point of the group when a number of flags of States or localities or pennants of societies are grouped and displayed from staffs.

6. The flag should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds but always allowed to fall free.

7. The flag should be displayed at half-staff until noon on Memorial Day then raised to the top of the staff.

8. Never fly the flag upside down except as a signal of distress in instance of extreme danger to life or property.

9. The flag is never flown in inclement weather except when using an all-weather flag.

10. The flag can be flown every day from sunrise to sunset and at night if illuminated property.

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html

“US Marine. here cause im bored”

Since: Apr 11

Moved to Richmond

#2 May 30, 2011
OOH RAHH... Its sad how often i see flags being hung without a care in the world.. Dont think it means much anymore to many people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hagerstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hope baker (cutlass76) 2 hr NC most wanted 15
What's going on with all the police cars there Feb 22 Pandsmom 1
News Pizza place coming to downtown corridor Feb 18 Chu Chu Rubusco 7
Jenna at usbank (Apr '14) Feb 17 icanhelp 2
skank at chug a lug (Apr '16) Feb 7 Anita 13
Skank a lug pub Feb 3 Samantha 5
5 Star Video &Tanning Jan '17 Tan101 9

Hagerstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance