Bus overcrowding
Christina

New Castle, IN

#1 Aug 3, 2013
Is three to a seat legal on a public school bus, for Jr. and Sr. High school kids? My son and his 2 friends are in Jr. High and are squished uncomfortably together into a bus seat for the 1 hour and 15 min. ride to and from school every day. The third boy on the end of the seat can only fit on the edge, sits halfway into the aisle and is being constantly bumped into by kids walking past him to get to their seats. We were told that to save money, Hagerstown school has combined several bus routes and now my son's bus is very much crowded. I can understand to sit the smaller kids together like this but for the upper grades, it is not comfortable. They are bigger and have more to carry. And I don't see where they going to put their band instruments when they need to bring them to school. They aren't permitted to put them near the front of the bus by the driver due to safety issues. With our work schedules, taking our kids to school is not an option. Do other parents have the same problem with their kids school buses?
Sara

Richmond, IN

#3 Aug 28, 2013
I called the Superintendent at the end of last school year over this. My kids were saying that there was actually kids standing with no where to sit!
Christina

New Castle, IN

#4 Sep 12, 2013
Gotten squished problem taken care of. I strongly urge any parent that has the same problem with their kids being squished together on the bus to directly take your concerns to the bus drivers themselves because they will listen to you! If more parents step up and voice their concerns about crowded buses, then maybe bus routes will be shortened again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hagerstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Justin Dinkins snitched to get out of doing tim... 4 hr True 14
Dionne Shank NO SURPRISE!! Thu TNT 1
Dog Ordinance In Dublin, Indiana Jul 20 Hate stupid people 2
hope napier Jul 17 H-town most wanted 1
Coty Bradshaw (Nov '15) Jul 14 Blackcummins 4
Horny (Jan '16) Jul 4 dad of the year 2
Audrea Stage (Nov '13) Jul 2 Sam 16

Hagerstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance