reidsville state prison

Posted in the Hagan Forum

Suzy

Gainesville, GA

#1 May 12, 2009
Does anyone have any information on a killing of an inmate at Reidsville state prison in 1964.
Sarah

Newnan, GA

#2 Oct 20, 2009
does anyone know any way i can find inmates for free...im trying to find my dad
Ashley

Metter, GA

#3 Oct 20, 2009
Sarah wrote:
does anyone know any way i can find inmates for free...im trying to find my dad
Go to the Ga department of corrections website and click on inmate query then type in his name.
Battle Creek Warrior

Atlanta, GA

#4 Oct 24, 2009
Seekking an old school mate. Jason "Porkchop" Groover from Glennville. Can any one help?
Merrill

Newnan, GA

#5 Sep 13, 2010
I think my grandfather may have died in Reidsville prison in the 1940s...Is there anyway to find out???
And if he died in prison, where would he be buried??
Corbi

Statesboro, GA

#6 Apr 23, 2011
Merrill wrote:
I think my grandfather may have died in Reidsville prison in the 1940s...Is there anyway to find out???
Yes If noone Claimed Your GrandFather he will be buried a mile down the Road from Gerorgia State Prison In reidsville GA In The Georgia Dept of Corrections Cemetary Contact GSP for info
sfcvickers

Rincon, GA

#7 Apr 13, 2012
Merrill wrote:
Send me his name to sfcvickers@yahoo.com I have a book of inmates that died there and not claimed.
Darryl
Merrill

Newnan, GA

#8 Apr 13, 2012
Corbi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes If noone Claimed Your GrandFather he will be buried a mile down the Road from Gerorgia State Prison In reidsville GA In The Georgia Dept of Corrections Cemetary Contact GSP for info
thank you
Merrill

Newnan, GA

#9 Apr 13, 2012
sfcvickers wrote:
<quoted text>
Send me his name to sfcvickers@yahoo.com I have a book of inmates that died there and not claimed.
Darryl
Thank you, I will
Dan Laughridge

Jefferson, GA

#11 Nov 24, 2012
My Grandfather,Tom Rogers was a security guard in tower number one for over 30 yeads.He also owned the convient store dirctly accross the street from
the main gate As a youg boy in the 60s I visited the prison freqently and a trustee was assigned to me to make sure I did not get in troble. The womens
state prison was down the road near the swimming pool. I remenber the chain gangs,the prisoners working the farms and the blood hound kennels. It
was Cool Hand Luke in real life.What an experience
for a young lad.
mike

Douglasville, GA

#12 Jan 2, 2013
Merrill wrote:
this post is over 2 years old but there is a prisoner cemetary just down the road from reidsville prison.
Bill Clontz

Savannah, GA

#13 Jun 30, 2013
The prison mentioned here was known as "Piss Ant Hill" and was the burial place for most unclaimed inmates who died there. It was rumored that many earlier inmates were buried underneath the large concrete slab behind the old mess hall because their deaths were questionable and that they were listed as escapees. In the first movie "Longest Yard" the cemetary is used as in a scene where a inmate was murdered by another inmate. If there is a list of these names of buried inmates, where can it be located ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hagan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Romney-Ryan - Glennville, GA (Sep '12) Dec 12 Curmudgeon 4
Pembroke man beaten, robbed in his own bed (Jun '09) Dec 9 jdg 41
Coverup Dec 3 TMP 2
New friends? Dec 1 Mee 1
Skype sex2014 Nov '14 LaLa 2
Another employee suspended at Rogers State Prison (Sep '06) Oct '14 subzerodark 153
Stanley Williams appointed as Warden at Smith S... (May '11) Oct '14 1sheba_Neno2 6
Hagan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hagan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hagan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hagan

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:09 am PST

NBC Sports11:09AM
Falcons boosted by Julio Jones' return to practice - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 9:11 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Panthers
NBC Sports 4:15 AM
Julio Jones in, Steven Jackson out for Falcons vs. Panthers
NFL 4:23 AM
Julio Jones to play; Steven Jackson out for Falcons
NFL 6:08 AM
Hot seat roundup: Is Falcons' Mike Smith on way out?