Brick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Judged:

This is a bad club because they hire people who know nothing and the new managment and new owners could care less about the people who come into the gym to work out. They walk right by you and look into your eyes and say not a word. Not a how are you, hows it going, hows your work out going,they say nothing. And not to forget the most important issue with this gym, it's really dirty. dust balls, bad smells and the machines are hardly ever wiped down. The bathrooms are in need of help. And last but not least it's very hot in this place, you have to ask for air to be on. So sorry I came here.
Michael Spencer

Coatesville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2009

Judged:

Trainers have a thorough knowledge of the equipment & the place is friendly -- everyone is willing to help if you just ask. The equipment is available, the place is clean, all & all just a great place to work-out. And tanning is only an additional $5 a month, if I remember correctly. I'm a 50 year old professional with high standards. This place meets them!
Member2

Sicklerville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2009

Judged:

Horrible staff, Not a clean gym at all.. When you have a rude sales guy and staff that smokes it doesn't want to make you go to the gym daily. The new guy is an A** smokes outside and has no personality. The gym is dirty, chewed gum has been on one treadmill for over a week. Dirty Dirty Dirty..
soon to be ex members

Bear, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

Judged:

The gym is not going to last long. My wife and I joined when it 1st opened and it wasn't bad. The original owners seemed to care - now...the new management seems shady to say the least and don't seem to care about the place or members at all!!! The employees look like something out of a bad gangster movie!!!

The new manager is ignorant,unfriendly, and an A-hole!
Dirty Gym

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

Judged:

This is the worst gym i've ever been too. The new owners don't give care about the members or any poroblems. The place is dirty. The kids room is always over flowing with kids. Under staffed. TG my membership is over !
Member3

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

I really like this gym. They all kinds of classes that are included in your membership, which is very affordable. The gym is fairly clean. I have been there late at night when they have the cleaning crew wiping everything down and doing windows, floors, etc. I have been a member for about a year and i have no complaints. The staff will help you if you need assistnce or have any questions. The trainers are great also. I will be renewing my membership here.
a loyal customer

Elmer, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

I have been a member since they first opened. The gym did hit a rough patch with the staff and have now weeded out the not so good influences. It is a little annoying that two of the regular staff members smoke and they do so near the door but they are the most friendly of the staff. I love this gym and I feel like I'm family. As like most gyms it does post that the members are responsible for cleaning the equipment after you use it and everytime I'm there everyone does. This is a great gym to be a part of.
Leaving for LA Fitness

Langhorne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

LAst night topped it off for me, have a High school girl working the desk the owner walking around my wife goes in to cancel her membership. The owner tells the girl to say she has to come back tomorrow no manager on duty. What the HEll!!! No manager on duty you are the owner! Slime balls own it SLime balls work it. Dropping my membership today, Hello LA Fitness...
Member also

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

I go to the one in Runnemede. I do like it alot and like that compared to Retro Fitness which I was a member of they have classes here. Even added some. I think the people so far I did three classes I just joined and get a good work out. Only problem is the room they have it in should have ceiling fans or more A/C pumped into there because the room gets very warm with all the people (us women) working out. That is the only thing. They just have one fan blowing in there and it helps some but not alot. I like two how they have fans on the equipment you work out on too. Something Retro Fitness didn't have. I think very reasonable compared to other gyms in the area.
Seriously

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2010

The uneducated, unprofessional, unethical business practices that the managment of Miami Sports Club is diligently trying to turn into an artform, has elevated the meaning of "Buyer's Remorse" to a whole new level!!!!!!!
dirty

Cherry Hill, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Judged:

i tan there & let me put it this way the same harden over tanning lotion has been all over the booths floor for months. it hasn't been cleaned one time. & there's even a sign saying its been sanitized, NO IT HASN'T. and the employees are rude, especially the manager.
ryan

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Judged:

awesome gym.. Solid place to work out and is cheap! Get ur bang for yout buck!
Lindenwold

Hampton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

I have been trying to cancel this membership for months now! The gym is dirty, no classes, trainers dont even seem like they know what they are doing.

I was duped into a contract paid it and now I want out and cant get them to quit billing me!

Merchantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

Horrible!!!!! Do not sign up for anything other than your membership and that's a mistake too. I signed up for training services that was canceled by the gym. I was told I would receive a refund and three months later I have yet to receive my $133. Please do not join this gym the owner Mike and general manager JD do not do as they claim they are going to do!!!! It's horrible!!!!!!!!!!

Merchantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

Judged:

soon to be ex members wrote:
The gym is not going to last long. My wife and I joined when it 1st opened and it wasn't bad. The original owners seemed to care - now...the new management seems shady to say the least and don't seem to care about the place or members at all!!! The employees look like something out of a bad gangster movie!!!
The new manager is ignorant,unfriendly, and an A-hole!
You are so right this is place is just as you say they have taken my money for training classes and have yet to give me my money or classes!!!
Member also

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

I agree with Member Also. I like the classes there. I did belong the first year it opened Retro Fitness and all that is equipment in there which was always breaking. I joined this place and got a discount from a friend of mine. I like the classes and the people that teach them are very nice. Only problem which I HIGHLY agree with is NO AIR.. That stupid little dirty fan does not keep which can be packed sometimes all of us women cool. They as agreed from above need a better A/C pumped in there and or a couple ceiling fans. Yes JD is not a good manager and you complain and nothing nothing gets done. Thinking of looking for someplace else to join. Royal Fitness is nice but TOO EXPENSIVE. I see LA Fitness has good deals as does Bally's. I'll see as my membership comes to an end at the end of January..... Unless something changes....
Lynn

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Our entire family have joined this gym and we are planning to renew. I use the steam room which is always clean and have never really noticed a problem with anything else being dirty. OK the AC could use a kick up but that is a big investment.
I too do not like the new owner. He is not friendly and many times just plain rude. I get the impression that when it comes to changes JD does not have much say in what gets changed. Over all I like JD but he would benefit from taking some classes in soft skills/customer service.
John - Somerdale NJ

Bellmawr, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

Cancelling is nearly impossible. Even if your contract is for $10 they will renew at $21. Even if your contract says renew at $10 they will renew at 21. Even if you are there on the last day of your contract and tell them to cancel they will bill you for three more months. You literally have to mail a letter to National Fitness in bumblefuck USA asking them to cancel and they will still bill you for three more months. The place is a scam job. the manager is a tool. the owner will laugh at you if you complain about the billing process. All of this hassle for a 3rd rate dirty gym at best. do your self a favor and buy a treadmill.
Warning

Sicklerville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

This gym is owned by Greeks. They like to think of other cultures as second class citizens! They also own other businesses like the stone grill, luciens manor and some car washes. For example, at stone grill they have fired over 30 managers in the 6 years it has been open. That should tell you that all they want is your money and they care about nothing else! It's not a resturant it's a gym so run it like one!!!!!!!!
Jennifer B

Pottstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2011

This gym is the worst gym I have ever experienced. There are hidden fees that they dont tell you about. I have left several messages for a return call from the manager who is they say is never available. I was charged for babysisting and they stopped it several months ago but continued to charge. I would not recommend this gym and it was dirty. The classes were ok but mgt and the rest is horrible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Haddon Heights Discussions

Search the Haddon Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FBI needs to investigate Barrington, NJ (Jun '07) Jul 10 afraid to post 59
joshua dockery sailor (Mar '10) Jun 19 curious 4
Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News BANNED in ... (Mar '13) Jun '14 Daisy from Gracies 3
Review: Clements Lawn Mowing (Aug '11) Apr '14 frank 12
Runnemede NJ Cardiac Emergency Apr '14 Rob Hawk 1
"father" jack McElroy (Aug '09) Apr '14 LEO 11
Lawsuit alleges racial discrimination at Rowan (Dec '10) Mar '14 NJ John 7
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Camden County was issued at July 13 at 7:50PM EDT

•••
•••

Haddon Heights News Video

•••
•••

Haddon Heights Jobs