Netcong Fire Department will hold golf outing on Sept. 9

Aug 27, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Record

NETCONG -- The Netcong Fire Department will host its fifth annual Golf Outing on Sept.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Netconger

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 7, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BECAUSE it's been that way since 1921 and it costs you about 7 bucks a year to have 2 firehouses. It also gives the fire department more room to store it's equipment and manpower and could possibly reduce a reponse time in a big emergency.
Taxpayer

Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Sep 7, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Because we like having two firehouses. The only one who seems to have a problem with the two is Peperoni who takes great pleasure in hiding behind his anonymity on this web site. The people in this town are very happy with our two firehouses. Our firemen are well trained and they quickly respond whenever they are needed. Anyone that is not happy with the situation is free to move out of town. Maybe some of the firemen will help you move. Oh and before you get started, I am not a fireman, nor am I related to one. I just believe in the saying that "if it's not broke, don't fix it".
from netcong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Sep 7, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

BossSexy wrote:
Can anyone tell me why a one mile town needs TWO firehouses?
for the love of god. if you keep asking stupid questions expect the insults to fly...do some research for yourself and go find out it dosent cost the town much at all. if you ditch the fire house you may save about 50 bucks a year if your lucky...get a grip people
Netconger

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Sep 7, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

from netcong wrote:
<quoted text>
for the love of god. if you keep asking stupid questions expect the insults to fly...do some research for yourself and go find out it dosent cost the town much at all. if you ditch the fire house you may save about 50 bucks a year if your lucky...get a grip people
It's only about 7 (SEVEN) dollars a year for each tax paying dwelling to keep up a second firehouse.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Sep 7, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Once again I am told to move out of town when I say that there is no need for two firehouses? Why did everyone have a fit when I told parents that they could send their children to private school if they don't like Netcong Elementary? Seems to me like no one likes it when I tell the truth about Netcong. Well, I have some advice for everyone...Get used to it. I will be exposing the truth about everything in this town from here on out.

By the way, the fact that there have been two firehouses for 100 years is not a good reason as to why we need two. Matter of fact, there is no factual reason.
Sauce not gravy

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Sep 7, 2010
 
Pepperoni21 wrote:
Once again I am told to move out of town when I say that there is no need for two firehouses? Why did everyone have a fit when I told parents that they could send their children to private school if they don't like Netcong Elementary? Seems to me like no one likes it when I tell the truth about Netcong. Well, I have some advice for everyone...Get used to it. I will be exposing the truth about everything in this town from here on out.
By the way, the fact that there have been two firehouses for 100 years is not a good reason as to why we need two. Matter of fact, there is no factual reason.
There are plenty of reasons that have been posted on this forum that you refuse to acknowledge. You just have a major hard on for the fire department and you can't admit that. Why is it pepperoni head? Did they disappoint you at one time? Did you want to rent the firehouse for a bar mitzvah or soemthing and the didn't let you? Really, the facts are that there are over 100 members and 6 pieces of front line apparatus in the fire department and it needs one BIG firehouse (which would cost us more than you could imagine to build to keep up with current standards) or keep the current 2, which costs us about 7 extra dollars a year to keep one extra firehouse. I think most of us would stick with the latter. How many times do people have to explain things to you??!!
WHAT ABOUT

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Sep 7, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Is this Drunken Jacks firehouse and does this money support his beer fund??
iDIDmyRESEARCH

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Sep 10, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I love the big conspiracy theorists who spit so much knowledge into this forum. Take your massive brain elsewhere. Go solve the JFK assassination or the alien landing at roswell. This will be more of a use to society than your blaaaah-ging on this forum. At least a consiracy theorist doesnt have to be RIGHT about anything. You can write your half discovered facts or mis-readings and no one will care if you are WRONG.

....and by the way....I know who you are

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Sep 10, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Who am I?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Sep 10, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Pepperoni21 wrote:
Who am I?
I do not know who you are. If I did know, I would not tell. I learn a lot on topix. There are things said on here that the ordinary citizen/tax payer would not know---but should know.

The mayor and council do not share enough information with the taxpayers, and that is why topix is not going away anytime soon.

For instance, if it were not for topix, I would not know that Mrs. Colabella got the royal shaft. I would not know that Ralph is being overpaid and overcompensated or that our tax dollars are being wasted on special interests.

Anything that has to do with the voter/taxpayer is fair game, and should be shared. It is our money.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Sep 10, 2010
 

Judged:

1

P.S. The information we do get has to be shared so we can vote in the next election according to who does the most for the town as a whole.
Cheech

Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Sep 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

I did my research and Fat Ralph spends $7.00 a day on peanuts.Rumor is he crashed the golf outing bus fighting for a bag of Cheetos.Porky won.
rukidding

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Sep 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Pepperoni21 wrote:
Who am I?
Bill S.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

rukidding wrote:
<quoted text>Bill S.
and who is Bill S. Are you people going to throw names out until you get the right person. I think Pepperoni is a woman.
Cheech

Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Sep 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

Pepperoni is Porky Propelka.
dontmakefun of sylvesters

Sussex, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Oct 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

you have no idea what your talking about...I am not in The sylvester family but i couldnt imagin what the town would be like without their family volunteering their hours to netcong. There are currently eight sylvesters in hillto p fire company and their is no way to bash themf for being the first ppl to ur house when ur house is up in flames!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hackettstown Discussions

Search the Hackettstown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
netcong auto restorations shady business practices Jun 29 Agreed 2
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Hackettstown, NJ (Dec '11) Jun 18 William 14
upgrading panel Jun '14 Bernadette 1
NJ court rules for nurse in vaccine-refusal firing Jun '14 MADE AN EXAMPLE OF 1
Good job over the winter May '14 sfd 7
Joan Fiumara (Jun '11) May '14 Kate 4
Conservative M&M Mars...or why I'll never buy a... (Jul '10) May '14 Ex Martian 33
•••
•••

Hackettstown News Video

•••
•••

Hackettstown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hackettstown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hackettstown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hackettstown
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••