Charlie Brown's Steakhouse restaurant...

Charlie Brown's Steakhouse restaurants closing near Allentown and Phillipsburg

There are 14 comments on the The Morning Call story from Nov 16, 2010, titled Charlie Brown's Steakhouse restaurants closing near Allentown and Phillipsburg. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Charlie Brown's Steakhouse restaurant at 19th Street and Walbert Avenue near Allentown is one of 20 restaurants the chain's owner, CB Holding Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

RASPUTIN

Springfield, NJ

#1 Nov 19, 2010
i HOPE ITS CAUSE i' CALLED ins ON THEM.tHEY BEEN GETTING AWAY W/ USING ILLEGAL ALIENS W/FAKE ID FOR YEARS,,NEVER HIRING LOCALS FOR TH KITCHEN
RASPUTIN

Springfield, NJ

#2 Nov 19, 2010
tHIS IS WHY THEY CLOSD DOWN,,THEY GOT BUSTED FOR TX FRAUD,,, http://fraudtalk.blogspot.com/2010/02/former-...
WHY DOESN'T THE NEWS ,XPRESS TIMES DO ANY REPORTING
http://fraudtalk.blogspot.com/2010/02/former-...
monkey spanker

Elizabeth, NJ

#3 Nov 22, 2010
I THINK THEY CLOSED BECAUSE THE SUCK!!!!!!
Skizots

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Nov 22, 2010
I liked Charlie Browns simply because it was convenient, affordable, and had a great salad bar! I did get tired of their menu, as other places had more of a selection, particularly healthier/lite menu options. As far as illegals being hired, that's everywhere - not just Charlie Browns. I will miss them!
jose

Rutherford, NJ

#5 Nov 23, 2010
they be no good sport zone beta
Phil

East Brunswick, NJ

#6 Nov 24, 2010
"Tete" is a nice little place in Highland Park with food from Peru. Only trouble is they charge five dollars to open your bottle of wine. They really need to stop doing that.
peter

Springfield, NJ

#7 Nov 24, 2010
Phil wrote:
"Tete" is a nice little place in Highland Park with food from Peru. Only trouble is they charge five dollars to open your bottle of wine. They really need to stop doing that.
That is illegal.NJ law says they may not charge a fee or handle the bottle.
Joe

AOL

#8 Nov 27, 2010
The law has a clause stating that glasses and ice can be provided. It is vague on who handles the bottle,there is a lot of accepted practice. Peter is right however. It is illegal to charge a fee to open a bottle.
jerseyfinestdotc om

Jersey City, NJ

#9 Nov 28, 2010
RASPUTIN wrote:
i HOPE ITS CAUSE i' CALLED ins ON THEM.tHEY BEEN GETTING AWAY W/ USING ILLEGAL ALIENS W/FAKE ID FOR YEARS,,NEVER HIRING LOCALS FOR TH KITCHEN
Sorry, i was never a fan of charlie browns anyway!
www.jerseyfinest.com
jose

East Brunswick, NJ

#10 Dec 1, 2010
What is the figure they are putting out that the school referendum is supposed to raise our taxes if it passes? I have not seen anything on this yet. The vote is Dec.14th.
HAHAHHAHAHAHA

East Brunswick, NJ

#11 Dec 3, 2010
Really Jose? In closing resturant forum you want to know about school referendums? Please tell me you dont vote
Lucy

AOL

#12 Dec 5, 2010
Blame it on that Yevtuk guy. Lousy tipper.
Normal

Harrison, NY

#13 Aug 3, 2011
Charlie Browns "steak house" closed because the onlu good thing on the menu was chicken fingers. Ahhh Blockbuster was a welcomed addition to the "how are thet still in business" club.
Life

United States

#14 Aug 8, 2011
they have great prime rib

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hackettstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
long valley helping mom Dec '17 lvhelpingmom 1
Califon A&P store replacement Dec '17 Gamshaft 2
Hackettstown life (Mar '11) Nov '17 strangerdanger 6
looking to hire a good barber (Jun '17) Jun '17 Donnabelle 1
News Supermarket chain celebrates 90 years (May '17) May '17 Congratulations 1
News Hackettstown woman sentenced for fraud (May '17) May '17 Saywhut 1
Stanhope contest? (Feb '17) Feb '17 WTF 1

Hackettstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance