Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Judged:

Can somebody please tell me why that eyesore is still sitting like that. I thought he lost it so why does he not have to clean it up and get the Hell out of there with all his Crap? For the amount of taxes that we all pay in Stanhope, why do we have to look at that mess over there?
Fellow Taxpayer

Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Judged:

Hey Sara that is Jimmys idea of clean. Take a look
at his other shop next to his dads gyro place. If
you really want to see an eyesore.Always lots of
junks and cars in various stages of repairs outside.The best is his rollback never did have
his business name on it. Now it has personal
plates on it. Hopefully somebody from law
enforcement will catch on soon.
mean

Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Judged:

Sara wrote:
Can somebody please tell me why that eyesore is still sitting like that. I thought he lost it so why does he not have to clean it up and get the Hell out of there with all his Crap? For the amount of taxes that we all pay in Stanhope, why do we have to look at that mess over there?
have a little compassion for someone who is struggling and suffering like MANY of us in this economy!! And Jimmy's is far from the big problem here because if you want to look around you there are PLENTY of vacant store fronts that are "eye sores" Hess Station RIGHT across the street from Jimmy's where the property has not been maintained since it closed over a month ago...the mess all along 206 that has been an "eye sore" for close to a year now...the florist that shut down right across from Bell's that also has little to no property maintenance...should i continue??? Not to mention the at least dozen - give or take - failed businesses in Netcong which neighbors your town!!?? O and let's throw in the "expensive" paver side walk/gazebo project that they let BOTH of those upgrades turn into a weed infested disgrace!!!! THIS ENTIRE area is an eye sore and the owners might be partly to blame because of sad and unfortunate circumstances,but if we had towns with stricter ordinances and aesthetics laws those businesses wouldn't be allowed to stay in that state!!The town "heads" are all about lets spend money on all these beautifying projects and then not maintain them!! Happens year after year...let's see how long it takes for the weeds and the "beautiful" pricker bushes to over grow in front of quick check !!!
Sara

Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

mean wrote:
<quoted text>have a little compassion for someone who is struggling and suffering like MANY of us in this economy!! And Jimmy's is far from the big problem here because if you want to look around you there are PLENTY of vacant store fronts that are "eye sores" Hess Station RIGHT across the street from Jimmy's where the property has not been maintained since it closed over a month ago...the mess all along 206 that has been an "eye sore" for close to a year now...the florist that shut down right across from Bell's that also has little to no property maintenance...should i continue??? Not to mention the at least dozen - give or take - failed businesses in Netcong which neighbors your town!!?? O and let's throw in the "expensive" paver side walk/gazebo project that they let BOTH of those upgrades turn into a weed infested disgrace!!!! THIS ENTIRE area is an eye sore and the owners might be partly to blame because of sad and unfortunate circumstances,but if we had towns with stricter ordinances and aesthetics laws those businesses wouldn't be allowed to stay in that state!!The town "heads" are all about lets spend money on all these beautifying projects and then not maintain them!! Happens year after year...let's see how long it takes for the weeds and the "beautiful" pricker bushes to over grow in front of quick check !!!
That place including the other one he has on Rt. 206 by his Dad's place have looked that way since he has owned them. He sells garbage cars out of there with phoney plates on them as well. The economy did nothing to that man. Jimmy created his own problems because of greed....banging people over the head with stupid prices for crappy repairs. That was his Father's money anyway. He should have treated people a little better then perhaps he would not be where he is. If he put more effort into his business like he does cheating on his wife he could have had a ton of money. Yep and you feel sorry for him....O.K. Also, why don't you lodge your complaints about Netcong on another discussion. What I had to say had nothing to do with Jimmy's repair shop.
Sara

Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Correction..........What I had to say had nothing at all to do with Netcong and everything to do with Jimmy's repair shop..........
Picture perfect

Hackettstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Stanhope in itself is an eyesore. They need to re-organize and clean the whole town up. Oh, and by the way, welcome new businesses to the town would help too instead of running them off. Busineses fail in Stanhope on a continuous basis. Glad I don't live in Sussex County's worst run municipality.
Sara

Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Picture perfect wrote:
Stanhope in itself is an eyesore. They need to re-organize and clean the whole town up. Oh, and by the way, welcome new businesses to the town would help too instead of running them off. Busineses fail in Stanhope on a continuous basis. Glad I don't live in Sussex County's worst run municipality.
Totally agree with you, however, re-organizing this Town is not going to happen.......it is too late for that. There will never be any new business coming into this Town so long as the Taxes are what they are..........very sad. It is never going to turn around, unfortunately. They can all say they are going to change it but producing it is another story.
Fat-Ralph

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2011

Judged:

Who cares?, he pays his taxes I still make my $125,000 and my gas filled car. I love you tax payers, keep paying. LOL
Sara

Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2011

Fat-Ralph wrote:
Who cares?, he pays his taxes I still make my $125,000 and my gas filled car. I love you tax payers, keep paying. LOL
You are obviously not Ralph and whoever you are you have no idea what you are talking about. Jimmy does not pay his taxes and utilities in Stanhope and that is a fact. If you take a look at the Tax sales when they come up you will see his name on the list. Stick with your Netcong Gossip!
Wow

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

Judged:

Sara wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously not Ralph and whoever you are you have no idea what you are talking about. Jimmy does not pay his taxes and utilities in Stanhope and that is a fact. If you take a look at the Tax sales when they come up you will see his name on the list. Stick with your Netcong Gossip!
Wow...lighten up. This happens to be on the Netcong forum....So STFU!!!
Please

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

Judged:

Sara wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a troublemaker. Why don't you mind your own business for once!!!! You are all over the Netcong Forums starting sh^t. Get a life!!!!
Sara

Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

Please wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a troublemaker. Why don't you mind your own business for once!!!! You are all over the Netcong Forums starting sh^t. Get a life!!!!
You have the wrong person. I have no comments about Netcong. You guy's have it all out for each other and I want no part of.
Sara

Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

Judged:

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...lighten up. This happens to be on the Netcong forum....So STFU!!!
You seem a bit angry based on your swearing at me which really is uncalled for......and it is Sunday by the way, aren't most of you from Netcong Catholic?? You should be ashamed of yourself! We pay high taxes in Stanhope and don't like looking at Jimmy's garbage!
You have balls

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Judged:

Sara wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem a bit angry based on your swearing at me which really is uncalled for......and it is Sunday by the way, aren't most of you from Netcong Catholic?? You should be ashamed of yourself! We pay high taxes in Stanhope and don't like looking at Jimmy's garbage!
You have some nerve talking about Sunday, swearing...etc. but It's ok for you to come on here and bash another person, his family and his business. Why don't you just confront him face to face and tell him your concerns.
Sara

Parlin, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Absolutely not bashing his Family at all. Please reread the comment. I know his wife and kids and mean them no harm whatsoever Simply atating that it is an eyesore. Making a ststement to someone who cares less is a waste of my time, but thanks for your input.
Citizen

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Judged:

Sara wrote:
Absolutely not bashing his Family at all. Please reread the comment. I know his wife and kids and mean them no harm whatsoever Simply atating that it is an eyesore. Making a ststement to someone who cares less is a waste of my time, but thanks for your input.
Wow. I have been reading and replying on "ANOTHER STANHOPE HELL HOLE" and today I fouund thissite. Whatever or whomever helped clean up Jimmys on that part of Stanhope should work on the Hell hole
"next to Byram."
Taxpayer in town

Stanhope, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Judged:

Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I have been reading and replying on "ANOTHER STANHOPE HELL HOLE" and today I fouund thissite. Whatever or whomever helped clean up Jimmys on that part of Stanhope should work on the Hell hole
"next to Byram."
The only reason that site is junk free is because he no longer
owns it.
Citizen

Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

Judged:

Taxpayer in town wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason that site is junk free is because he no longer
owns it.
Well that will explain it. Hopefully someone will come in and open it up and do some repairs. Not a bad location for tires and oil changes.

Maybe the Stanhope council which cleaned up that location will work on the other location on the Stanhope/Byram border.
Citizen

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

Judged:

Has the Stanhope council had any luck with the mess called Jimmy's towing? The best thing I can see is he has more cars, trucks, etc parked on a restaurant location.

Suggestion; Call the Andover council for want repair location should look. I drove past a newly opened repair location call JENSONS. Clean, fenced in garbage and over all business welcoming.

No I dont have anything to do with it, never stopped in or know anyone using the business.

Its all about cleaniness and town welcoming.

Citizen

Washington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

Is the Stanhope council in place yet? I took some people to the Black Forest for dinner and due to the view they asked if we could go somewhere else.

I regret bringing business associates there to meet some of my Byram friends. The Salt restaurant was a nice option.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of75
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hackettstown Discussions

Search the Hackettstown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Latest D.W.I. (Feb '13) 8 hr Tom 12
Does Stanhope have a Zoning officer ? (Apr '13) Apr 4 Hermie 8
Dr. Cary L. Hamlin (Sep '07) Apr 1 Drew 181
Consumers say spending $800 tax rebate check easy (Jan '08) Mar 26 Nicolea 147
Photos: Hackettstown celebrates St. Patrick's D... Mar '14 The Olson family 1
be on the look out for a black plow truck on ro... Mar '14 Stop the truck 1
painting Feb '14 slydog 1
•••

Fire Warning for Warren County was issued at April 24 at 7:17PM EDT