County authorities foil pot smugglers

County authorities foil pot smugglers

There are 7 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from Sep 29, 2008, titled County authorities foil pot smugglers. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

Steve Gallegos, left and Bobby Brookhouser of the Luna County Sheriff's Office helped to collect over 500 pounds of marijuana that was left in the desert during a smuggling attempt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

Burt

Burkburnett, TX

#1 Sep 30, 2008
No arrests.....why does this fact no surprise me. Well Bobby, at least you got the dope......and at 0530 hrs, my you are an early riser :)
VN Vet

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Sep 30, 2008
Remember if you catch these people you have
to do a lot of paperwork and no-one likes
that.
And if they were caught the judges would
only let them go so they could do it again.

Around And Around We Go!

It Never Ends!

For Your Info:
From The FEDS ..........
95% of the STUFF gets thru.
Border Native

Florissant, CO

#3 Sep 30, 2008
"No arrests or apprehensions made"

Why not? They are out in the middle of nowwhere. Leave the damn weed and get the illegal alien drug smugglers. Idiots.
Border Patrol

Rogers, AR

#4 Oct 4, 2008
why arrest the smugglers. we just take the dope and hop for more the next time. We dont have to arrest them, their friends back in mexico will take care of them for losing the dope. Ive seen many with no fingers.
bigbrother

Salem, OH

#5 Oct 5, 2008
God help us if this fella works for the Border patrol.
Border Patrol

Rogers, AR

#6 Oct 6, 2008
Ever head of an open window? Im not talking about a web page window, Im talking about a small amount of low grade weed like 500 pounds that get sent in one direction so all local LE can go chase it and claim the fame while tons are going another route sometimes right under LE noses. It so easy to send a duck,(decoy) up I10 and call it in while the real load is going up 9 to hachita and back to I10. It was said: For Your Info:
From The FEDS ..........
95% of the STUFF gets thru.
That is more then true. Hidalgo and luna countys have made a many trips via back roads to deliver confiscated weed to other county LE for resale. Why is it that Hidalgo county neglects to mess with the meth labs in lordsburg? Its not because they are unaware, Could it be that your LE is in it for the cut? Theres a meth lab in Animas not 5000 feet from the school and its never even been hot. That just one of the Elbrock/ Evans enterprises that mysteriously slips through the cracks. No pun intended. Want to talk about Rodeo? Lonnie runs a nice little drug operations and Never even get stopped when he's racing up and down the road drunk. Some people just have pulled the right strings. Hatch reality??? let not go there right now.
ELBROCK

Bristow, OK

#7 Oct 14, 2008
They missed the big load, They always do. Just a window of oppertunity. Get LE in one area, and bring the dope through in another.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hachita Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know anything about Man found at Lo... (Sep '15) Dec '17 Mr goody two shoes 2
News Previously Deported Illegal Alien Criminals, Dr... (Jun '16) Jun '16 tomin cali 1
News 'America's Longest Veterans Day Parade' (Oct '15) Nov '15 Thank you 2
News Historic Military Convoy rolls into Lordsburg. (Oct '15) Oct '15 Historic event 1
News A local intstitution (Aug '15) Oct '15 you have retardat... 3
News Navajo Nation President Russell Begaye to decla... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Ted 9
News Border agents in New Mexico arrest 12 undocumen... (Feb '14) Feb '14 wild child 2

Hachita Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hachita Mortgages