Senate candidates spar over Border Pa...

Senate candidates spar over Border Patrol funds

There are 4 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from May 24, 2008, titled Senate candidates spar over Border Patrol funds. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Nancy Clopton says she never used to be afraid when checking fences on her ranch near the U.S.-Mexico border, but now she brings along her large dog and a pistol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Robi

United States

#1 May 25, 2008
We need a fence America!!! A huge fence to make illegal immigration a little dificult. Obviously wire does not work and we need help down here at the border! I have 10 acres south of Akela, I use to be able to ride freely through my land. A year ago it all change, when I was approached by 4 illegal immigrants wanting a ride towards I-10, I refused and before I knew it I was on the ground hurting in pain! Since then I try and avoid the land that is far from my home. To think that just 2-3 years ago I would still employ these people that would come and ask for work. It's been a while since anyone has asked for work, they just want to get North.
Richard

United States

#2 May 25, 2008
They say they don't want amnesty, however they offer no solutions. They want a temporary worker plan, but offer no plans. I agree no amnesty. Temporary worker visa only good for the worker,NO FAMILY,allowing the worker to be in the US for no more than 6 months at a time with a 6 month 'cool off' time in Mexico. Worker must check out at a port when they leave. Visa can bee good for 3 years. If an alien is found working illegally they should be DEPORTED and banned from the program for 5 years on the first offense. Visas allowed for only certain jobs. Any criminal offenses committed alien should be banned from program.

“OBAMA SUCKS”

Since: Feb 08

Silver City

#3 May 25, 2008
We dont need no fence, we need new laws and law enforcment with the balls and autority to enforce them. we need our troops out of the sand box standing guard on out border to reenfoce our new laws and to set a few good example for future migrant. Its a simple concept to the border problem. we just need to crooked polotitions replace with one that will do the job we need them to do. and the authority to do whatever need be done to secure our national security.

“OBAMA SUCKS”

Since: Feb 08

Silver City

#4 May 25, 2008
forgive the typo's. its a hot tequilla weekend. god bless our troops and our vets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hachita Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Previously Deported Illegal Alien Criminals, Dr... Jun 13 tomin cali 1
News 'America's Longest Veterans Day Parade' (Oct '15) Nov '15 Thank you 2
News Historic Military Convoy rolls into Lordsburg. (Oct '15) Oct '15 Historic event 1
News A local intstitution (Aug '15) Oct '15 you have retardat... 3
Does anyone know anything about Man found at Lo... (Sep '15) Sep '15 kygirl 1
News Navajo Nation President Russell Begaye to decla... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Ted 9
News Body of missing Deming man found in Hidalgo County (Mar '15) May '15 Michael Oshkeniew 3

Hachita Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hachita Mortgages