Aspen a common target for con artists

With a long trail of civil suits leading back to California, Peter Frommer arrived in Aspen in December and allegedly wrote a string of bad checks that led to his arrest. Full Story
First Prev
of 44
Next Last
AFrom

Simi Valley, CA

#924 Jul 8, 2011
Jazz wrote:
Just heard that his uncle recently committed suicide.
Yes, true. My dad...
AF
Kili

Los Angeles, CA

#925 Sep 23, 2011
Yes well, be that as it may (and as IRRELEVANT as it is!), some of the EARLY stories were that Frommer's father wasn't so different! So, SPARE US!!!
Related

Camarillo, CA

#926 Sep 23, 2011
" Yes well, be that as it may (and as IRRELEVANT as it is!), some of the EARLY stories were that Frommer's father wasn't so different! So, SPARE US!!! "
Our father (Peter's uncle) was a victim of him as well. He lost hundreds of thousands of dollars to him. I think it is relevant.
EZM

Rosemead, CA

#927 Sep 23, 2011
Kili - Why revive a necrothread with such an unhelpful comment?
Disgusted

Los Angeles, CA

#928 Jan 22, 2012
Does anyone have information on Peter's sister Monica Frommer's sentencing? She was indicted on fraud charges unrelated to Peter's. And what about their parents? I bet the apple does not fall far from the tree. They are all scum!
Kili

Los Angeles, CA

#929 Jan 23, 2012
Any one in the frommer clan is in the WRONG place if they're looking for sympathy here! As for any of the criminal element in that tree, really, nobody cares.
-ezm-

Los Angeles, CA

#930 Apr 19, 2012
Happy Birthday Peter. Hope it was a splendid first year in prison. Only 7 more left. Eric
he is not suffering

United States

#931 May 22, 2012
I jusr left taft

Three square meals. A day. Wiring in the camp garden. Playing tennis twice a day
Says that the family left for Europe.. makes sense I guess
he is not suffering

United States

#932 May 22, 2012
I do have to say Peter was completely pleasant to be around

A lot of the fraudsters were also despicable on a personal level (I mean their demeanor and how they act).

It was very interesting. For lack of a better way of putting it
Next

San Diego, CA

#933 Jul 30, 2012
So the guy is in jail working his way up the tennis ladder. And that's IT for our legal justice system? And Elizabeth .... not even a slap? Is she just going on with her life now?
WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE MONEY?
I am unnerved by it all. There is so much anguish, emotion and turmoil in the previous 44 pages of posts. These people need more. Society requires more. Full scale justice never seems to be applied correctly in this country, but COME ON, there has to be more. A 7 year hiatus in prison. He gets out and is still young. Will go dig up the money overseas, live a life of lavish and that's it for our legal system? I do hope that someone plans to deliver a whole new level of punishment on this creep when he gets out. Now those will be headlines worth reading.
Dave

Denver, CO

#934 Sep 18, 2012
Peter used to own a company that I worked for in the Automotive business. He embezzled the company to prove to investor's in his real estate BS that he was good on his word. We ended up having to shut our doors two weeks before Christmas in 2004. At that time we were making well over $150k in monthly profits (not bad for a small place with only 10 or so employees) I can remember Peter showing up in his Porsche GT2 and his Lamborghini to go over "the books" so to speak. He did take care of us well, but it was all a charade that would preclude the screw job that everyone got in the end.

Just adding my tidbit.

PS: I have seen some comments that describe him as Pete Sampras except shorter and fatter.... that could not be more true. I remember he would wear these white tennis shorts, with white socks, white shoes and a white shirt. I was very surprised to not see him with a tennis racket in his hand
Dave

Denver, CO

#935 Sep 18, 2012
I meant to say 2006 not 2004
peters appeal was denied

United States

#936 Oct 29, 2012
He was expecting that his sentence would be reduced since it was above guidelines. NOT
update

Santa Monica, CA

#937 Oct 29, 2012
Thanks for the update. Good to know some of you are keeping us informed of his sentencing. Glad he is paying for his crime, but just too bad they could not locate his treasure chest.
the family is in europe

United States

#938 Oct 30, 2012
So I guess that's where the money is
Pissed off

Oak Park, CA

#939 Nov 5, 2012
Got the final paper work from the Bankruptcy court today. Total available to disperse is $183,000.
The Court and administrators get to keep $100,000 of that!!!!
What a fucking joke. The trustee is a bigger crook then Frommer !!
He (Moldo Fraioli) got almost $45,000, and he was already paid $106,000 !

They get to keep 100% of their claims!!!

The rest of us all get to split the remaining lousy $83,000, and we each get about about 1/13 of 1 percent!!!

Another dick shoved up our butts!
Kili

Los Angeles, CA

#940 Nov 5, 2012
Ya, I know, it's completely disgusting! But it's also completely expected!!(at least to me it always was). I've also tried to warn other groups of people in bankruptcy matters about trustees!!!

As I said in comment #907, I refrained from mentioning these things on this board (except to those I've met in person), mainly because the news is a little depressing.

MY personal plan of attack, from the very beginning, was to forget the money he owed me in exchange for contacting all of the people I had phone numbers and email addresses for and alert them, get the FBI investigation started, help get him kicked out of his Malibu home and put the word out to others about his scams to cut his remaining income.

That's it. No filing charges, claims or other LEGAL bullshit that would "Pay pennies on the dollar" (Prophetic, don't you think?). The only other thing I spent time on was doing research on the tax thing so SOME victims would get back up to one-third of their losses. Sadly, it only helped victims who are in the higher tax-brackets, but, at least it was something.

The thing to do now is heal yourself, your finances, your relationships and move on. But if that's not enough, I would ALSO watch for release date... he won't change! As sure as you're reading this, he's thinking of new ways to scam people again. He's thinking about going to a place where few people know him or his ways, he may even try to start a legitimate business which he will eventually turn into a scam or use it to support a scam. But THIS time, with an eye to SKIP TOWN just before the end!

You still want to get even with him? Stay on his ass as soon as you get word he's going to be released and FORCE him to flip burgers or fly back to family!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 44
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gypsum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eagle senior care center takes next step Dec 19 Calvin James 1
Would a Healing Yoga Detox Retreat Center Thriv... Dec 2 Jbellaragazza 1
Looking for an old friend Sep '14 Louisiana Girl 1
Carjacker to serve 20 years in prison Aug '14 Ashley Mangus 1
Dear Annie, Advice Column (Mar '07) May '14 Bundungus 30
Basalt students chat online with Holocaust surv... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Matt9969 6
Debate: Health Care - Gypsum, CO (Dec '09) Jul '12 Climber777 2
Gypsum Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web