Funeral to be held for teen killed in...

Funeral to be held for teen killed in alleged drunken-driving c...

There are 30 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Mar 27, 2007, titled Funeral to be held for teen killed in alleged drunken-driving c.... In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

The funeral for a 19-year-old man killed by an alleged drunken driver last week is being held Tuesday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Taylor

Denver, CO

#21 Mar 28, 2007
I am a friend of Jennifer's sister. I remember the first time when we were going to the Renaissance festival. Jennifer was the driving on the highway for the first time with her permit and her step-dad Pete in the passenger seat. I remember how excited she was, we all really enjoyed that day. It's hard to believe that she is really truely gone. I wish the Kois and Brock family luck as they go through life remembering how great thier two children had done and will continue to do.
R.I.P-Jennifer Kois & Jacob Brock

“Welcome to The Black Parade”

Since: Mar 07

Dacono

#22 Mar 28, 2007
Jimie wrote:
<quoted text>
*slap*Kick*Pistol Whip* stands up to noddy!!!
*glare*
J-W-S

Denver, CO

#23 Mar 28, 2007
They should take this guy out back and just end him. What a stupid idiot!! And the Police departments that let him go other times should shoulder some of the responsability. Or did they give him a little slack because he was a former cop. Hey I'll buy the bullet to put him down, instead of having us the lawbiding public pay for his prison cell.
cheri

United States

#24 Mar 28, 2007
my heart still goes out to the families of the children. But, I still think he should be put to death for killing them, and let God judge him, SOONER rather than later.
Nicole

Aurora, CO

#25 Mar 28, 2007
Shannon wrote:
I hope Strawmatt is punished to the fullest extent of the law! I hope he spends the rest of his life in prison thinking about the pain and anguish he has caused.
I agree...only I believe he should get the death penalty.
Unreality

Myrtle Beach, SC

#26 Mar 28, 2007
I wish the "public servant" who is apparently neither, would have to explain in public and in front of the media his or her decision to place such a ridiculously low bail on a man who was already proven to be a menace to society. It won't bring anyone back, but maybe that judge would make better decisions in the future.

My heartfelt condolences to everyone involved.
Jenn

United States

#27 Mar 28, 2007
No doubt about it, what he did is wrong, not only did he take two lives while they were just starting, but he has destroyed his life as well. What about the police that allowed the high speed chase to start and then continue, going as fast as 120mph. Why didn't they stop the chase? I'm sure they had a license plate number and could have arrested him later. Three lives may not have been destoyed if the high speed chase had not continued. It would seem that the police department also has responsibility in this tragic accident.
Jena

Denver, CO

#28 Mar 28, 2007
Your prayers support the families more than you know. Continue to pray for them after the media moves on to the next story. This is not a story to the Brock family or Jenn's family: it is their life. Your prayers help them get through their grief, so keep the prayers coming.

Drunk driving and high-speed chases are intolerable. The consequences for your actions regardless of where you fall in the event (perpetrator [drunk driver] or pursuer) will be felt by many more so be conscientious and think about the ramifications. Life is fragile.

(Brock family friend)
annonymous

Denver, CO

#29 Mar 28, 2007
patrick wrote:
The murderer of these two kids is already out of jail and walking free.$15k was all it took.
Strawmatt, I hope you get AIDS. You worthless piece of sheet.
You need to read the article and listen to the news, this guy is not out walking around, he is in jail, he was released on bond on a prior matter.

Since: Mar 07

Boulder

#30 Mar 30, 2007
Nicole wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree...only I believe he should get the death penalty.
I disagree with the death penalty,..it's too easy. He would sit protected from other inmates in a cell where he will probably live a long old life and die there. Leave him in General Population,......THEN he would pay. Especially since he is an ex-cop. Punishment wouldn't take long,...and would be so brutal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gypsum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Widespread flood warnings in Colorado Jun 6 Satan Pickets 1
News Colorado valedictorian comes out during graduat... Jun 5 Fa-Foxy 22
Dear Annie, Advice Column (Mar '07) May '15 Anonymous 33
Vail Daily obituary: Kenneth Dale Wilson, 1937-... Apr '15 Bones 1
News Colorado Water Plan all about West Slope water ... Apr '15 Your Ex 1
News Carjacker to serve 20 years in prison (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ashley Mangus 1
Debate: Health Care - Gypsum, CO (Dec '09) Jul '12 Climber777 2
More from around the web

Gypsum People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE