Funeral to be held for teen killed in...

Funeral to be held for teen killed in alleged drunken-driving c...

There are 30 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Mar 27, 2007, titled Funeral to be held for teen killed in alleged drunken-driving c.... In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

The funeral for a 19-year-old man killed by an alleged drunken driver last week is being held Tuesday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shannon

Omaha, NE

#1 Mar 27, 2007
I hope Strawmatt is punished to the fullest extent of the law! I hope he spends the rest of his life in prison thinking about the pain and anguish he has caused.
Joni

Denver, CO

#2 Mar 27, 2007
Shannon wrote:
I hope Strawmatt is punished to the fullest extent of the law! I hope he spends the rest of his life in prison thinking about the pain and anguish he has caused.
AMEN!!
patrick

Aurora, CO

#3 Mar 27, 2007
The murderer of these two kids is already out of jail and walking free.$15k was all it took.

Strawmatt, I hope you get AIDS. You worthless piece of sheet.

“Crash, Boom, Bang”

Since: Mar 07

Arvada, CO

#4 Mar 27, 2007
So Sad !!

Here we have a police officer drunk and out of controll twice. They let him loose the first time and he does it again and kills two kids. I really hope they don't let him off easy cause he was a cop.

Flower to the two boys.
holly

Westminster, CO

#5 Mar 27, 2007
I hope strawmatt is punished.for the pain and anguish that he has caused this famlily my heart goes out to them i know what pain and anguish they are going through I lost a brother to a drunk driver. he is in prison now for 24 years. we have to change the laws on dui's.84

“Welcome to The Black Parade”

Dacono

#6 Mar 27, 2007
Jimie wrote:
So Sad !!
Here we have a police officer drunk and out of controll twice. They let him loose the first time and he does it again and kills two kids. I really hope they don't let him off easy cause he was a cop.
Flower to the two boys.
2 boys???

*slap X2* Walks away from Jimie AGAIN!!
John

Nashville, TN

#7 Mar 27, 2007
Feed him to the lions!

aoi

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#8 Mar 27, 2007
That nasty fat loser is really hateable. I cried just now seeing that cute pic of the two victims above his. I'd like to kick his stupid face in a few times. Ugh. I know... "two wrongs" and such...he's just so...disgusting. I feel so bad for the families.
Eddie Espinoza

Greeley, CO

#9 Mar 27, 2007
My name is Eddie Espinoza. I new Jennifer Kois as not only a good person who cared for everyone the same but as a good friend. I got to know Jenn from my girlfriend Natalie. The two have been best friends since they were freshman in high school. Jenn was a girl who would brighten up your day no matter how bad it was. The way she used to smile stand on her tip toes and wave just to say hi would make anybody smile. Jenn was lucky to find a guy who loved her just as much or more then she loved him. She was to young to be taken from us. The only semi good thing to come of this was that they died together and in love. We miss you and never ever will forget you. R.I.P Jenn and Jake
I hope strawmatt either spends life in prison or gets the death penelty. He should have never been out driving. He deserves to pay. i hope the inmates in which ever prison he goes to, has children. And I hope they make his life hell.

“Crash, Boom, Bang”

Arvada, CO

#10 Mar 27, 2007
noddy1980 wrote:
<quoted text>
2 boys???
*slap X2* Walks away from Jimie AGAIN!!
*slap*Kick*Pistol Whip* stands up to noddy!!!
Nicole

Columbus, OH

#11 Mar 28, 2007
this is so sad...i know how it feels to lose someone to a drunk driver. when i was 16 my BEST FRIEND was killed by a idiot drunk driver. my heart goes out to the victims families. just know that time will ease your pain, and now YOU have the best angel looking out after YOU!!!!!!!

im really in denver colorado!
Deb

Denver, CO

#12 Mar 28, 2007
From the story about this drunk loser on the 9News site: "He was free on $15,000 bond that was granted over objections of sheriff's officials."

The police wanted him locked up. The legal system failed these 2 young kids by letting him out after the February incident. Shame on the legal system!!! It's time to change the laws so drunks like this loser are kept behind bars.

COLORADO STATE LEGISLATORS: QUIT MESSING AROUND AND BEEF UP THE DUI LAWS!!!!!! QUIT PROTECTING THE DRUNKS AND START PROTECTING THE REST OF US!!!!!!!!!!

Boulder

#13 Mar 28, 2007
patrick wrote:
The murderer of these two kids is already out of jail and walking free.$15k was all it took.
Strawmatt, I hope you get AIDS. You worthless piece of sheet.
So I did read correctly yesterday,...Patric is already out on a $15,000 bond?? The AIDS thing...well I don't know about all that, but prison time for what he did is going to be rough, and pay he will. He also looks like the kind of future inmate who won't know when to keep his fat mouth shut and will probably die very quickly inside.
Bone

San Jose, CA

#14 Mar 28, 2007
Lafayette police are really getting a black eye lately. One they deserve. When cops kill a young man for growing pot, hire murderers and otherwise conduct themselves like paramilitary this will continue. Lafayette needs to clean house and start over. This time with a "servitude" attention. Tragic, tragic story. Who else is on staff?
Loui

Grand Junction, CO

#15 Mar 28, 2007
I can assure you..... because he is a former police officer........his time in prison will be a living HELL!!!! He may get to see some of the people he arrested, who will now have full access to him and, revenge is always on the hearts of those who feel wronged so......eeeeekkkkkk for him!!!
Im so tired of seeing so many families torn up FOREVER by people who CHOOSE to drink ...and then drive.
I hate you all

Laramie, WY

#16 Mar 28, 2007
I have one thing to say... Stop F***ing drinking and driving! stop F***ing killing my friends u bunch of stupid idiots. Just F***ing STOP!!! I WANT MY FRIENDS BACK but no u had to kill them just because u wanted to go out and get drunk and to cheap to take a cab u f*** heads! i hate every person who is stupid enough to even think about driving after they have been drinking! i hate you all!!!!
Oh my God

Grand Junction, CO

#17 Mar 28, 2007
Bone wrote:
Lafayette police are really getting a black eye lately. One they deserve. When cops kill a young man for growing pot, hire murderers and otherwise conduct themselves like paramilitary this will continue. Lafayette needs to clean house and start over. This time with a "servitude" attention. Tragic, tragic story. Who else is on staff?
A lot of the Lafayette cops are read a**holes any way so this isnt a Surprise….No, I’ve not personally had to deal with them but... I’ve watched their attitudes in public…serve and protect? How bout intimidate and screw with……fits them better.
Jason

Boulder, CO

#18 Mar 28, 2007
You didn't even mention the people killed were students at Mesa State College. We are a campus still in shock, we are recovering but at least get the full story.
Taylor

Denver, CO

#19 Mar 28, 2007
I am a friend of Jennifer's sister. I remember the first time when we were going to the Renaissance festival. Jennifer was the driving on the highway for the first time with her permit and her step-dad Pete in the passenger seat. I remember how excited she was, we all really enjoyed that day. It's hard to believe that she is really truely gone. I wish the Kois and Brock family luck as they go through life remembering how great thier two children had done and will continue to do.
Taylor

Denver, CO

#20 Mar 28, 2007
Shannon wrote:
gah. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gypsum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News El Jebel Shrine Circus draws handful of animal ... (Jul '13) Apr '16 Janus 2
Review: Resident Goldsmith - Steve Spangler (Sep '13) Apr '16 steve spangler 7
News Rock fall shuts major Colorado highway; no word... Apr '16 Ray Devine 3
Whatever happened to???? Mar '16 Eva814 1
Evaluators Needed Jan '16 rricci 1
Bob Baumgartner Pottery Jan '16 strongperson1 1
Enterprise rental car (Nov '15) Nov '15 Lori Bak 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gypsum Mortgages