Kicked out for pink hair

Jan 23, 2009 Full story: WTOM-TV Traverse City 9

An 11 year old Marquette County girl is wondering why she was kicked out of school for having pink hair.A The Gwinn District, Sawyer Elementary Student, was told by school administrators not to come back until ...

Full Story
Cheese Dawg

Iron Mountain, MI

#1 Feb 17, 2009
FLASH *** Feb.17 the Gwinn Gestapo school board made a new school ruleing that no students can have dyed or altered hair and have dismissed the girl with the pink hair after allowing her to return to school.

No personal freedom's in Gwinn, Michigan
auroranorth

Ripon, WI

#2 Feb 21, 2009
Morons running the school board Pink Hair is a sign of support for breast cancer you Imbeciles
auroranorth

Ripon, WI

#3 Feb 21, 2009
Legally 1969 the US Supreme court ruled that a student or teachers right to freedom of speech does not end at the school house door, Why are the Taxpayers there paying for School Leadership that is ignorant of the law and setting the Taxpayers up for a lost lawsuit.I have a copy of the ruling and her parents can have it anytime they want
gweedo

Marquette, MI

#4 Mar 24, 2010
i,as a matter of fact know her. she's nice and it was stupid. stupid that she was kicked out for that.
Dr J

Marquette, MI

#5 Mar 25, 2010
STUPID!
Peace

Marquette, MI

#6 Mar 25, 2010
Yes i agree with you there gweedo. Yeah it was very stupid that she got kicked out for that!!
Bean

Marquette, MI

#7 Mar 25, 2010
It's not a ditraction. it's how she wants her hair to be. She should still be allowed to go to school. And if they aren't ok with the way her hair is and the way her parents let her live then all of the older teachers with gray hair or differnet colored hair should have to dye their hair back too.
somebody u dont know

Marquette, MI

#8 Mar 30, 2010
that is stupid i had my hair died and i am a 6 grader it was cut off
rider

Marquette, MI

#9 May 18, 2011
The article also illustrates the recent congressional concern: "'It's not just radiation we're talking
about,' says Democratic Sen. John Glenn of Ohio, a former Marine and astronaut who is holding
hearings on the subject this week.'Any place government experimenting caused a problem we should
make every effort to notify the people and follow up. We ought to set up some sort of review and
compensation for people who were really hurt'." Years later, on January 22, 1997, Sen. Glenn introduced
before Congress the Human Research Subject Protections Act of 1997. It was referred to the Senate
Committee on Labor and Human Resources, chaired by Sen. Arlen Spector (author of the Warren
Commission's 'single bullet theory'), and never made it out. With the many bare-brained pieces of
legislation that make it to the Senate floor, you would think that one which attempts to safeguard human
subjects of experimentation would be a 'no-brainer,' but apparently it is not with this Congress.
Parallel with this activity, President Clinton published an Administrative Order known as
Memorandum of March 27, 1997 entitled "Strengthened Protections for Human Subjects of Classified
Research" (see appendix), which attempted to implement the recommendations of the Advisory
Committee on Human Radiation Experiments, which he established in January 1994. To date, these
well-intended efforts have had little or no impact.
Last year (April 15, 1998), Harlan Girard, on behalf of the International Committee for the
Convention Against Offensive Microwave Weapons, brought suit against the Federal government for its
non-compliance in carrying out President Clinton's Administrative Order. This case is still in the process
of working its way through the Federal courts. The U.S. News & World Report article concludes with the
following paragraph:
"Another former CIA official, Sidney Gottlieb, who directed the MKULTRA behavior-control
program almost from its inception, refused to discuss his work when US. News reporter visited him last
week at his home. He said the CIA was only trying to encourage basic work in behavior science. But he
added that after his retirement in 1973, he went back to school, practiced for 19 years as a speech
pathologist and now works with AIDS and cancer patients at a hospice. He said he has devoted the years
since he left the CIA 'trying to get on the side of the angels instead of the devils'."
http://circlesofshame.blogspot.com/2008/04/ov ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gwinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Palmer man charged with CSC (Feb '14) Oct '14 Marie 2
Police report attempted dog theft in Iron Mountain Sep '14 nrahbrah 1
On This Day in U.P. Weather History: August 27 Sep '14 Sneaky Pete 2
Debate: Marijuana - Iron Mountain, MI (Aug '10) Aug '14 Bud Good 30
moving to iron mountain ? Jul '14 ANNIE 1
What's It Like Living in Felch? Decadent? Depra... Jun '14 I Lick Your Kitty 1
Best Mustangs of 2005-2014: The Greatest Genera... (Apr '14) Apr '14 kev 1
Gwinn Dating
Find my Match

Gwinn People Search