Guthrie comes alive with Heritage Days

Jun 10, 2008 Full story: The Leaf-Chronicle

It seems there's not much to Guthrie, a little town northeast of Clarksville, just over the Kentucky line.

Full Story
Joe Branham

United States

#1 Jul 24, 2008
You'd have to live there to know that.I did once upon a time.
beth

Paxton, IL

#2 Oct 19, 2010
Joe Branham wrote:
You'd have to live there to know that.I did once upon a time.
everybody still does,everybody still gets messed up on sat. night at dancing in teh streets. like it wa sthen too.lmao
christian friend

Rantoul, IL

#3 Oct 22, 2010
beth wrote:
<quoted text>
everybody still does,everybody still gets messed up on sat. night at dancing in teh streets. like it wa sthen too.lmao
You must of never got over being messed up afterwards,are you still there?Heritage Days are suppose to celebrate the past,but all I ever saw during the celebration was heartache of a poor colored family loosing a family member in a senseless act of greed and violence.The Mimm's family deserves a better tribute to them than that,don't you think?Everybody knows how people around here are,a bunch of heathen's.And that includes our Mayor that gets taken home every year by his so called police chief drunk out of his mind,I feel sorry for his wife and children.Our city elected personnel needs to be ashamed of themselves,a town shouldn't be represented in such manner.Heritage Days needs a new format,more family oriented.This drinking and stupid stuff that goes on needs to be kept off the streets.All I can say about Heritage Days in Guthrie,it's a cruel joke on good people.All we are known for is a drunk Mayor and police department,the history is not remembered.They are,believe me people who visit here remember them.That just gives the city of Guthrie a real bad name.
beth

Paxton, IL

#4 Nov 16, 2010
its a celebration of the wholetown!!!!!!!!
ur making it sound racail,when in fact its not!!!!
its people getting together,like in the days before and mingling with friends and family and having a good time.
yes i agree with the mayor and cheif being messed up,but if its ok with them,then i guess its ok.
and guthrie has always had a bad name,,,,,,,,,,for many years. its not mistreating the mimms family its hearitage days. have u ever been to it?
ya cant judge people by their actions,only one can do that.
but anyways i attend every year and if i feel the nedd to take a drink thats handed to me,i'll drink it,just like so many years ago when the older gererationn did it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guthrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where is Jimmie Vasquez 4 hr Karma 27
"logger man" aka thomas draper drug task force 8 hr Hangarat 2
logan co. drug dealer busted 8 hr Bhfanclub 2
Dino, who knows this guy? 10 hr ntkb 8
Whats your views on Garrett Dye (Sep '11) 13 hr AkR 128
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 17 hr Zack 514
Andrew poyner Thu i want it 26
Guthrie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Guthrie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?