Who do you support for Sheriff in Kentucky (Todd County) in 2010?

Posted in the Guthrie Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BHM

Owensboro, KY

#1 Oct 15, 2010
He's somebody different and more experienced. The other one is dirty and never does his job to the fullest.
ruckus

Rantoul, IL

#2 Oct 15, 2010
do you have to change to republican to vote for bart sure dont want sheriff lobo i remember years ago when lobo johnson was a deputy was always at max fuel in his patrol car wearing bib overalls looking nasty
Guthrie Gurlz

Rantoul, IL

#3 Oct 15, 2010
Look when it comes to Joey Johnson being sheriff,that's like dealing with the Devil himself.That man is more crooked than Boss Hogg and Roscoe put together.He's never been one to uphold the law his self. Hell we could keep what sheriff we got now would be better than him.Go figure,the druggies helpin the drugheads out.No wonder Todd County has a bad rep.People you had better get your head out of your a#$ and vote some one in that might actually do this job and do it right.
Zaphod Spragwort

United States

#4 Oct 15, 2010
BHM: Which one are you saying is dirty?!
ruckus

Rantoul, IL

#5 Oct 16, 2010
but marla herrel gilapsie say joey the best
K.D.

Greenville, KY

#6 Oct 17, 2010
I like Joey Johnson for Sheriff because he is the only man for the Job.
Keith Dwyer

Greenville, KY

#7 Oct 17, 2010
All I can say to the Guthrie Gut girl is that Joey Johnson has more honor and pride in his little finger than they could ever imagine. Just like with anyone else, they are afraid of someone to do the job with out picking and choosing only certain people. Joey will be loyal to the county. Not the so called big wigs of the county.
Citizen

United States

#8 Oct 18, 2010
I believe that Todd County Needs A Change and I belive that Timothy can bring that change.
Tc citizen

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Oct 18, 2010
I have to give bartholomew(sp?) my vote!! Everytime I see him out in public he makes an attempt to talk to everyone and asking u for his vote! I had seen Johnson twice last week and do u think he made it a point to even ask for my vote?? Nope!!! At least bartholomew(sp?) is attempting to get his name out there and what he is willing to do for the citizens of this county. Something does have to change in this county. Especially in the sheriff's deptmart.
TCGirl

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Oct 18, 2010
I've known Joey most of my life....he is a good, honorable man who has worked very hard to better Todd County.

In any election, there will be nay-sayers who bad mouth and slander...but people find it very hard to say anything negative about Joey and that speaks volumes for his character.
concerned

United States

#11 Oct 18, 2010
I've known both men for several years. Both are family friends and I don't want to speak ill of any one but if I needed help, was broke down on the side of the road, or was in danger, and given the choice of Joey or Mr. Tim, hands down I'm calling Mr. Tim. He has been the definition of a good neighbor to my family since he moved here, even though he lives a good distance from us. He is more qualified and unbiased than Joey, though I feel bad for saying that, it's true. He has extensive training in legal procedure and leadership abilities, both of which are vital for someone who wants to run an office. Tim doesn't play favorites. If he is elected and he pulls me over and I deserve a ticket, I'll get one, and I'll be treated the same as he'd treat anyone else. He has done more for this community than alot of native Todd countians, and not just during election time. The friendly person that comes up and shakes your hand isn't for show, that's how he is. As long as I have known him he was helping someone. He was a youth group leader in his church, does the polar bear plunge, relay for life, constantly contributes to other local causes, even grew his hair out so he could give it to locks of love. Tim cares about this town more than most of us that grew up here. I feel like Joey is out for him self in all this. Joey hasn't conducted himself well in all this, speaks ill of his opponent and was told to leave the court house for campaigning more than once during the primary election. Mr. Tim has been nothing but professional as far as I have seen. You would be making a mistake NOT to vote for Tim.
Guthrie Gurlz

Rantoul, IL

#12 Oct 18, 2010
Keith Dwyer can say all he likes about the subject on Joey Johnson to up hold him and make him sound like a up standing person,it still doesn't mean anything.He is who he is and alot of people know the real person Joey Johnson is,and that's not a very good reliable man.He has been known to be involved with shady people and drug deals.Keith Dwyer you had better take a good look at your ownself and you dealings as well,"oh yea" we know about you too.I've lived in Guthrie all my life and believe me we watch you and we see you.Remember we live in a dry county. We know about you walking around drinking out of those re cups at social events that take place here right along with the crooked mayor Scott Marshall.Want to talk about someone else? Don't say I or anyone else don't know what goes on here in Todd County or Guthrie for that matter,All I can say is you'd better be glad your not running for you job.You wouldn't have it that's for sure.Guthrie Gurlz
ruckus

Rantoul, IL

#13 Oct 18, 2010
the worst one will win ....
Keith Dwyer

Greenville, KY

#14 Oct 18, 2010
You know what, People like you don't know me, You just think you do. As you can see, I don't hide behind a web name. I am man enough to stand for something and someone that I believe in. You should try it some times without attacking others with your short comings. Try driving a bus for a living.....Kd.
Charlotta

Greenville, KY

#15 Oct 19, 2010
I am voting for Tim Bartholomew for Sheriff.
Concerned Todd Countian

Gracey, KY

#17 Oct 20, 2010
Hey The right Choice, you just said out loud what everyone else was thinking. YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT. EVERYTHING YOU SAID WAS THE TRUTH ! And to address Keith Dwyer's comment about no one putting down their real name, it's because we know then all the police and Joey will come after us and our families.They will stop us anytime we are out just because "We look suspicious"
concerned

Owensboro, KY

#18 Oct 21, 2010
So to whoever keeps judging anything pro Tim as spam, nuts, clueless, etc. how about you prove something I said as incorrect? Please point out one thing I said that is misinformed? Back up your opinion; that's the point of a forum.
defender

United States

#19 Oct 21, 2010
I support Tim
Zaphod Spragwort

United States

#20 Oct 21, 2010
I don't know...do you all REALLY think that's Keith Dwyer? I don't think so; it's probably someone using his name. I mean, surely the Chief of Police wouldn't do something so unprofessional as to go on line and taunt bloggers or engage in something to petty as to taint the image of his/her department?! I think Chief Dwyer has more sense than that. Like most law enforcement professionals, he would try to maintain at least an appearance of impartiality, given that his sacred honor is to uphold the law regardless of how the citizen voted. As for the [blogger using Mr. Dwyer's name] insinuating that Bartholomew would be catering to Big Wigs....I just don't see that kind of attitude in anything that Tim projects. As a matter of fact, Johnson is the one with all the ads in the paper, surrounded by "Big Wigs" and their whole-hearted endorsements!
hillbilly

Greenville, KY

#21 Oct 21, 2010
What happen to the right choices comment.It was the god honest truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guthrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Mar '12) 7 hr Musikologist 22
Andrew poyner 20 hr lmao 25
Bobby Joe Ewing and Bobby Joe Bryant Sat John 1
Searching for a nice amish or mennonite girl fo... (Aug '13) Fri Big mac 17
Red Porsche Fri Kenneth 23
Robin Willis Dunn Jan 23 ol buddy 7
Poor Kevin M Jan 22 Just saying 3
Guthrie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Guthrie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?