young people today
why

United States

#1 Mar 28, 2013
What is the deal with young people today I was out with my dad who is on a walker and some teenage boy almost knocked him down. He had no apology in fact acted as my dad was in his way. My point is i see it everyday these worthless kids who think the world owes them something. If this is our future leaders we are screwed when i was an child i had respect or i got respect beaten into me
sad

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Mar 29, 2013
why wrote:
What is the deal with young people today I was out with my dad who is on a walker and some teenage boy almost knocked him down. He had no apology in fact acted as my dad was in his way. My point is i see it everyday these worthless kids who think the world owes them something. If this is our future leaders we are screwed when i was an child i had respect or i got respect beaten into me
That is really sad. I agree there are some real butt wipes being raised up right now but not all teens are like this. There are some real gems out there that will still help a lady across the street and shovel their elderly neighbors drive for free. It's the parents fault.... and it does seem to get worse every generation.
Dundee

United States

#3 Mar 29, 2013
Old school values are gone. Nowadays its alot of kids raising kids. I know several people that are between the ages of 35 to 39 & are already grandparents.
Reality

Vine Grove, KY

#4 Mar 29, 2013
That is sad. I wouldn't blame it on young kids having kids. I had my son young and he has manners. He knows to say please and thank you and to always help. And he is special needs. He is 4.5 years old and knows what respect is. I know people in their 40s up who have little to no respect. It is society in general losing respect for each other. From pulling out in front of someone to the lady the other day who looked to be in her 40s who let her older son blow a horn in my autistic son's face and then asked why I would ever bring my son to the store when he started crying...because of her disrespectful child.
Reality

Vine Grove, KY

#5 Mar 29, 2013
blew*
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Mar 29, 2013
Reality wrote:
That is sad. I wouldn't blame it on young kids having kids. I had my son young and he has manners. He knows to say please and thank you and to always help. And he is special needs. He is 4.5 years old and knows what respect is. I know people in their 40s up who have little to no respect. It is society in general losing respect for each other. From pulling out in front of someone to the lady the other day who looked to be in her 40s who let her older son blow a horn in my autistic son's face and then asked why I would ever bring my son to the store when he started crying...because of her disrespectful child.
Agree completely. It's the example we set for our kids that is destroying mutual respect and manners in this country. Read through these threads (or check your Facebook feed) if you have any doubt about that...would your grandparents have said this kind of stuff to and about each other? Mine wouldn't have, no matter how what they thought about another person. No one has any boundaries anymore...the ME generation completely destroyed all that. So don't blame the offspring for acting like the parent. Reap meet sow.
No discipline

Duluth, GA

#7 Mar 29, 2013
That's because kids don't get the discipline they need or needed to raise them right. My kids volunteer in the community and always help people when needed because they get disciplined like they should
sad

United States

#8 Mar 29, 2013
That's why as parents we need to stick to biblical values.
damned mommas

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Mar 29, 2013
it's the damned mommas who are entitled and their kids never do any wrong. usually this stems from money who think that's the only and main thing in the whole world. kids are given everything and work/earn nothing. momma on her cell phone bragging to her friends and demanding her way and bossing everyone else. raising morons.
sad

United States

#10 Mar 29, 2013
why wrote:
What is the deal with young people today I was out with my dad who is on a walker and some teenage boy almost knocked him down. He had no apology in fact acted as my dad was in his way. My point is i see it everyday these worthless kids who think the world owes them something. If this is our future leaders we are screwed when i was an child i had respect or i got respect beaten into me
so sorry this happened to your dad! Kids today do not have much respect for anyone however, I don't think beating helps much in most cases. When I was a child I got beat black and blue for the smallest of mistakes and it only made me grow up to be a person full of hate and anger, but that's just me maybe spanking is the answer for some but taking it to the extremes of putting that kind of fear into someone isn't always the best choice. Kids today do however need a turn around though no doubt!
discipline/beati ng

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Mar 29, 2013
sad wrote:
<quoted text>so sorry this happened to your dad! Kids today do not have much respect for anyone however, I don't think beating helps much in most cases. When I was a child I got beat black and blue for the smallest of mistakes and it only made me grow up to be a person full of hate and anger, but that's just me maybe spanking is the answer for some but taking it to the extremes of putting that kind of fear into someone isn't always the best choice. Kids today do however need a turn around though no doubt!
There is a difference between discipline and beating... Good strict consistent discipline is what the kids need these days and people are too scared to because "it's bad" but look around most the kids and teenagers have no respect because their parents let them do whatever they wanted with no real consequence. Now I'm the first one against "beating" a child but there is a difference.
Steve

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Mar 29, 2013
A 5 pound mini sledge hammer can wake someone up real fast when you slam
it down on their foot,try it sometime,I sure do.
Proud to have served

Glasgow, KY

#13 Mar 31, 2013
Every young man needs to spend at least two years in the Military. They would be taught patience and disclipine which a lot of them are not taught at home
yep

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Mar 31, 2013
Proud to have served wrote:
Every young man needs to spend at least two years in the Military. They would be taught patience and disclipine which a lot of them are not taught at home
Teach them to be trained suicidal murderers. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Rolls Eyes

Campbellsville, KY

#15 Apr 1, 2013
All of these "young" people were raised by YOU. I think that the younger generation could definitely use a little more respect, but I blame it on the World today. Respect.. Morals.. Honesty. It has been taken out of everything.. God has been taken out of schools (Which was also done in YOUR time, NOT the "young" peoples time)and things are just different now.
If you think about it.. Everything has changed because of OLDER people! Us "young" ones are trying to live in a pretty messed up Universe and it's all YOUR fault!
OLD people think that WE owe them something because they are old, I guess we think they owe us since they ruined a calm and laid back life for us. You use to be able to drop out of school in 2nd grade and make a pretty good living... Now you have to graduate from Harvard, become a doctor or Astronaut..(I know that is a little over the top, but you get my point).
You talk about living by biblical ways, but when you see a young person do something wrong.. You get mad at them?... You should feel sorry for them. You should pray that they gain respect.
It just eats me up when I see older people talking about younger people. Like I said... We're only growing up in the World that you created for us.
whatever

United States

#16 Apr 1, 2013
Excuses excuses excuses grow up and stop whining most of the problem is you young people don't want to work or do anything but get high and party and let your mommy and daddy pay your. That being said some youngsters have respect work hard and care about people. We are individuals I was raised by an bad parent i raised my self most of the time taught myself right from wrong so hold yourself accountable for your actions and dont blame anyone for your fault's. Good day
Rolls Eyes wrote:
All of these "young" people were raised by YOU. I think that the younger generation could definitely use a little more respect, but I blame it on the World today. Respect.. Morals.. Honesty. It has been taken out of everything.. God has been taken out of schools (Which was also done in YOUR time, NOT the "young" peoples time)and things are just different now.
If you think about it.. Everything has changed because of OLDER people! Us "young" ones are trying to live in a pretty messed up Universe and it's all YOUR fault!
OLD people think that WE owe them something because they are old, I guess we think they owe us since they ruined a calm and laid back life for us. You use to be able to drop out of school in 2nd grade and make a pretty good living... Now you have to graduate from Harvard, become a doctor or Astronaut..(I know that is a little over the top, but you get my point).
You talk about living by biblical ways, but when you see a young person do something wrong.. You get mad at them?... You should feel sorry for them. You should pray that they gain respect.
It just eats me up when I see older people talking about younger people. Like I said... We're only growing up in the World that you created for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coca cola factory 16 min Sprite 1
Reverse The Corruption. 37 min smellyfarts 2
Tim French Auto Sales (Feb '11) 1 hr shame 31
Metalsa line 1 3rd shift 1 hr Pony 3
Etown Swim 2 hr WildBill 3
anonymous 3 hr wakeup 12
Effex 3 hr Newbie 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Guston Mortgages