Best Criminal Attorney in E-Town

Posted in the Guston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just a Friend

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Dec 29, 2012
I know someone who needs a good criminal attorney to help with some charges of DUI and a possession charge. Anyone have recommendations? This person does not have access to a lot of money right now, so someone who might work with them on a payment basis would be good.

Prior experience with 2 other local attorneys has not been good. One was too busy and never returned calls and never had any idea what was going on. He had to be compeltely updated each meeting about who you were and what you were doing etc. The other never returns calls and always says he was out sick for awhile or had some other issues going on.

Seems like there should be someone who is a good communicator, understands the constitution and the legal system, and has a good rapport with the courts and judges.

My brother in-law is a former police office and an attorney but lives in another state, unfortunately, or I would have him represent this person. He seems so much better than the attorneys I have come across here. He understands the law and the rights of citizens very well and he understands how police officers usually violate these rights. That is the first thing he goes after. He says you can almost always find a violation by the arresting officer.
citizen

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Dec 29, 2012
Robert Bishop
number one

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Dec 29, 2012
Just a Friend wrote:
I know someone who needs a good criminal attorney to help with some charges of DUI and a possession charge. Anyone have recommendations? This person does not have access to a lot of money right now, so someone who might work with them on a payment basis would be good.
Prior experience with 2 other local attorneys has not been good. One was too busy and never returned calls and never had any idea what was going on. He had to be compeltely updated each meeting about who you were and what you were doing etc. The other never returns calls and always says he was out sick for awhile or had some other issues going on.
Seems like there should be someone who is a good communicator, understands the constitution and the legal system, and has a good rapport with the courts and judges.
My brother in-law is a former police office and an attorney but lives in another state, unfortunately, or I would have him represent this person. He seems so much better than the attorneys I have come across here. He understands the law and the rights of citizens very well and he understands how police officers usually violate these rights. That is the first thing he goes after. He says you can almost always find a violation by the arresting officer.
not the first offense and you're still trying to help this low life society member? not a friend.

number two. scumbag lawyers that get lowlifes off due to technicalities of "the law" are in my book worthless human beings.

number three. rights???? you speak of rights???? what about the rights the scumbag took advantage and stomped all over????

simple- follow the law. quite being a burden to society and trying to get out of what you did. man up.
jrh

Leitchfield, KY

#4 Dec 29, 2012
if it is a dui charge the attorney is not going to be able to much with it he or she will have to follow the guide lines the court has laid out and also what the law book says as far as the possession charge they might be able to get it reduce but it depends on what they were in possession of
society

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Dec 29, 2012
This is the reason the court system has gone to hell. Too many get off, beat the charges, and continue living a carefree life. Don't do the crime if you don't want to do the time. Some people are slow learners and then we have crooked lawyers who thrive on this kind of person. Shame.
BenARound

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Mar 22, 2013
Greg Thompson with Thompson and Shreve has always been someone that shoots straight. He has a good reputation with all that I know. He saved me from a overzealous prosecutor. I know someone else that had some big financial problems and he helped them out of the mess.
laughable

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Mar 23, 2013
there is no GOOD attorney. they all scam the system and compete to win at all costs. guilty and innocent no longer have merit. trickery.. deceit.... and of course pay thru the nose are the words to describe that profession.
dude

Campbellsville, KY

#8 Mar 23, 2013
Shane Young
USED HIM

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Mar 23, 2013
Eric Bates took over Steve Mirkin's firm. He is wonderful! Super nice guy, excellent attorney. Cheapest one in town. I just used him for myself. He was a public defender years ago here and in the meantime served as a judge in Louisville for probation. Highly, HIGHLY recommend this man.
chuck

Leitchfield, KY

#10 Mar 23, 2013
Haha. You wanna help someone that is a repeat offender. Truly if you want to help let him do his time. Save your money. Once he gets out you stand a better chance of helping.
Right now you are wasting money and delaying the inevitable. He doesnt care at the moment and will only do this until he wants to change. And it ain't today.
Yes I know a attorney that could moat likely help. No I won't tell you who. I'll save you the money.

Good luck
It Is What It Is

Lexington, SC

#11 Mar 26, 2013
laughable wrote:
there is no GOOD attorney. they all scam the system and compete to win at all costs. guilty and innocent no longer have merit. trickery.. deceit.... and of course pay thru the nose are the words to describe that profession.
All who read this are asked to "visualize"...an attorney is in a large hole in the ground. On the tips of his toes he is standing, nose to the sky as to avoid the wet concrete that has filled the hole to where only his chin, nose, & forehead are all that is visible...have you "visualized" the sceen? The question is...what's missing from this sceen? B.T.W. what a bunch of sour asses jumping on this "repeat offender" none of us knows the circumstances & who annointed these folks judge, juror, & executioner? Not to deminish the seriousness of his offenses, but to look with compassion on another brother down & needing a hand.. Doug Miller of Miller&Durham "Superman"hands down the best. Missing from the scene....6 more inches of concrete!
My 2cents

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Mar 26, 2013
Tom Shreve! I like him! I've got him on speed dial! LOL.

He has helped me and my family with all kinds of stuff. Love this cat! He is honest and real chill. Good guy and I trust him alot.

I tell anyone I know to call him.
Know for a fact

United States

#13 Apr 6, 2013
Thompson and shreeve SUCK they really screwed me
Over on a little
Weed charge. And ROGER RIGNEY IS THE BEST HANDS DOWN helped me get off on some bad charges
just my opinion

United States

#14 Apr 2, 2014
I love it how it's so easy for ppl to turn their nose up at others as if they r perfect or without fault. I guess it's just a good thing ur mistakes weren't put on blast for everyone to see. Everyone makes mistakes and im sure uve made more than one n ur life time. I Just feel blessed tht God isn't as harsh a critic as u guys, none of us would make it to heaven.
experienced

Louisville, KY

#15 Apr 8, 2014
Kevin Groseclose or Matt Durham at Miller and Durham
Smokey

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Apr 9, 2014
Roger Rigney is good !! Shane young was the best but he is a prosecutor know !
Another Vet

Rineyville, KY

#17 Apr 9, 2014
an attorney's job is to see that all of their clients rights are upheld---not to get them off or out of the crime they committed! as the old saying goes "if you cant do the time, dont do the crime"!
concerned

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Apr 9, 2014
Well stay away from Jeremy Aldridge, they will do nothing they say but take your money and do nothing for you. You are lucky if you even get to see him after he gets your money. He and his staff are truly very dishonest.
you1

Radcliff, KY

#19 Apr 20, 2014
wayne barnett................lol nah just joking any one other than him. Eric Dickson outta lexington is a brand new lawyer thatll def try for you id say
Another Vet

Mammoth Cave, KY

#20 Apr 21, 2014
My 2cents wrote:
Tom Shreve! I like him! I've got him on speed dial! LOL.
He has helped me and my family with all kinds of stuff. Love this cat! He is honest and real chill. Good guy and I trust him alot.
I tell anyone I know to call him.
If you spent 30 days in a cell with Bubba then there would be no need to have any attorney on speed dial. You my friend and you attorney are what is wrong with society!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
m. brown busted!! 1 hr crf 4
Andrew Grayy 2 hr Ash 4
Least judgmental and hypocritical church in Etown 3 hr difference 29
pin oak acquisitions (May '10) 4 hr Just trying to help 123
Kenny Churchill 5 hr lawnmowerman 6
hot girl at Target 5 hr Her friend 43
Review: Classy Nails 5 hr Jammy 1
More from around the web

Guston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE