Pissed

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2008

Friday night around 10 to 12, 3 Pontoon boats were cut loose from the peers and left adrift. Upon doing so they removed our Fishing Poles and Tackel Boxes.
To further add to the pain, they emptied our fire extinguisher onto the boat and covered everything in a white powder.

The police of course didn't do anything as they stated it was probably teens and wouldn't have a record. Asked us to walk around the park and if we seen any thing of ours they would look into it.
Is there nothing we can do about the security of our state parks?
If so, help me, and write montgomery and call them. Wireless Camera's? Better security than the guys who go to sleep at 8pm and dont patrol? How bout just a normal guntersville police officer patrolling occasionally through the parks. This would help greatly.

I swear, I've gotten into my fair share of trouble growing up, But I knew that If I did anything like this, My mother would give me a spanking I would remember. LOL Heck she'd probably still give me a spanking if I needed it.
But today society is quite different. And the fact that the police just call it vandals and walk away blows my mind.
Always police hatin

Wetumpka, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

If you will look into the state budget you will see there isn't any money. The state is broke! Many many many state departments are having to talk layoffs. Of course no one cares until the need something from the police or court system. Then they carry on like crazy when the department is way understaffed and working to do everything they can.
There are 3 park rangers to patrol 24/7. Seems a bit on the short handed side doesn't it? You should look into things before you go pointing fingers and make accusations that just are not true. On any given day you have 2 rangers working because God forbid one guy gets a day off. Any for your information the City of Guntersville does patrol as much as they can but like every other police department they are short handed and short on money. Oh and Marshall County also patrols.
You can sit here and bitch about the job the police are doing but you don't bother to try to take a walk in their shoes. To be honest there's not much the police in your case can do except take a report, unless your stuff turns up somewhere. I suppose you want things finger printed and such. Well got news for you, CSI is a fictional tv show, not your average everyday operations of a police department. It doesn't work in real like like you see on TV.
My truck was broken into and everything stolen out of it at the state park. I was pissed but there's not much that can be done about it. I pay insurance for that reason....
albertville neighbor

Albertville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

I would like to know if it is against the rules for a police to go with a marrried man...JUST ASKING
pissed

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2008

Correct. There is alot that people like you and me can do.... As in watches and patrols. And as you would suspect it would take heart until the park said.

50 percent off those who do park patrols.....
Making the whole camp site log in at the front.... Im sure it looks hard at once. but it will make everyone cover each other just to save money.
And your right. Insurance.......
Jesus at the insurance....
again. amen.....
whew.
ok. now that it is done....
You say that we should just say ok.. Our stuff is gone. Call the company and say... I got robbed.....
I dont think so....
I think it IS a part of the state parks........
Here's why.

Listen if you have time...
My business is in the minds of the people.
When I dont do my job they sue me.
Yet we got no body to sue when it comes to america????
Please.
They should take care of us as we do their income.
And thank you for responding...
pissed

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2008

One more thing....
If you think that we should just buy insurance....
Why would we bother to spending time on this blog??

I know that I may not be the smartest pumpkin in the patch. But I know one thing...
My people have died to make this country free. And this country. Being state. Has not helped me feel secure.!!!!
The Park Ranger

Harvest, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

Judged:

I glad to see that you are coming on here and voiceing your concerns about the security of the park, and not to the park itself. Why not come to the ranger station and file a complaint? I remember when these boats were cut from the docks. You failed to mention that while you where sleeping, a park ranger pulled in the boats that were floating in the middle of the river at 2:00am in the rain. There was only one ranger working at that time because the other two rangers had moved to another park.
How about not leaving all your crap on your boat, how about locking it up, and maybe things won't get taken. You can't expect the police to be sitting over your house/campsite/boats 24/7, therefore, do what you can to protect yourself.
As for taking a record of campers that come in the campground, it has been done for years. They even check people leaving the park at the front gate in the later hours. There is a good security staff and law enforcement staff. Last year, they caught a man stealing a travel trailor, took folks to jail for being loud, disruptive, and drunk, and took several drunk drivers off the park roads so that guests could have a peaceful time. You never hear about that kind of stuff. A fishing pole and some tackle gets stolen, and people go bitching and blogging.
I would like to know how you think a park ranger is going to find the person that stole your stuff. Go to every single campsite and check for your stuff, check for fingerprints on your boat, set up a county wide road block. Please, enlighten me with your wisdom of policing.
You put on a badge, and try to close every case, and try to make every single person you contact happy. Your obviously an idiot, and I wasted my time trying to talk some sense into you. But then again, I am just a dumb, lazy, inconsiderate, park ranger.
outsider

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

I think your all a bunch of damn idiots! Park rangers are policeman rejects. And whom ever got their shit stolen,you see how nice and polite these dick heads are. Maybe you should go file that compliant. Then maybe you can get someone to hire these rangers at their night club. Sounds like they are over worked and under paid! Sh! Whatever! I think you all should stop bitchen!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Guntersville Discussions

Search the Guntersville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
fashion/personal shopper 44 min irmak 1
Another meth arrest. Tom crane Jul 20 flo_knows 7
Grant, not a very friendly town Jul 17 shirley 14
need money for education (Apr '11) Jul 16 Shubham singh 21
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Jul 11 freedom 201
being ignored Jun 27 i miss my friend 12
Who shot Dale Gilliland? (Jan '09) Jun '14 WellWell 354
•••
•••
•••
•••

Guntersville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Guntersville People Search