Guntersville School Superintendent Re...

Guntersville School Superintendent Resigns

There are 9 comments on the WHNT-TV Huntsville story from Sep 16, 2009, titled Guntersville School Superintendent Resigns. In it, WHNT-TV Huntsville reports that:

The superintendent of the Guntersville city school system has stepped down. WHNT NEWS 19 has learned Andy Lee turned in his resignation this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT-TV Huntsville.

knotworking

Albertville, AL

#1 Sep 16, 2009
So what is really going on here? Lots of rumor floating around. Anyone care to give their opinion?
Livunderarock

Albertville, AL

#2 Sep 17, 2009
For those interested. Read the comments here:

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2009/09/guntersvi...
guntersville graduate

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2009
he was caught having an affair with one of the kindergarten teachers....he deserves to loose his job!
Rev Wright

Laceys Spring, AL

#4 Sep 21, 2009
Hey guntersvile graduate, why do you feel Mr. Lee deserves to lose his job? Is it because he had an affair in general or because he had an affair with a teacher? Either way if thats the way things are to be then there would be a lot of teachers getting fired. I know there is a moral clause in most teachers contracts but really who cares what they do on their own time?
I know SEVERAL teachers that have either had affairs or are swingers, but usually everyone minds their own business unless someone knew what Mr. Lee was up too and he wouldnt do them a favor so they got mad and turned him in.
guntersville graduate

United States

#5 Sep 21, 2009
i dont think he is the only one that needs to loose his job. i think she should too but that isnt going to happen. it isnt setting a very good example for our children who go to school there.
sorry it happened

Albertville, AL

#6 Sep 21, 2009
I hope both can be forgiven by their spouses and families, save their marriages, ask for forgiveness from God and build stronger relationships with their spouses, children and may we all learn from their mistakes. Most important we should support them not judge them.

Since: Jun 09

Guntersville, AL

#7 Sep 29, 2009
Mr. Lee came out smelling like a rose on this deal because he was allowed to draw his vacation and sick leave until he can start drawing his retirement in November. The teacher, however, not so much. She must still go to work every day and face the wrath and condemnation of her co-workers which is a small price to pay for keeping her job I suppose. Apparently she isn't all that well liked so it wouldn't surprise me to see her leave. I know I would if I were in her place (which I would never be).
Rev Wright

Laceys Spring, AL

#8 Sep 30, 2009
Its funny all those stuck up bitches at the elementary school act like they are shocked at this teacher having an affair. But I know one teacher there is an alcoholic, another is a swinger, one has a husband that likes to dress in ladies clothes. I could go on and on but the fact is this is the mentality of a small town, if someone gets caught doing something everyone else acts so upstanding and tend to distance themselves and/or talk bad about the people that get caught when all the while they in fact have skeletons in their closets too. Shame shame on all of you that pass judgement on these people for you are no better and certainly not righteous enough to judge anyone unless you are judging yourself.
gville

United States

#9 May 21, 2011
Andy lee played with a teacher Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guntersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will D. Trump force Arab, Ala. to change it's n... 20 hr victor 1
Is cousin marriage corrupting? 20 hr victor 2
Info on area 23 hr Heisenburg 4
Who shot Dale Gilliland? (Jan '09) May '16 Joe 364
News Wanda Mays identified (Jan '08) May '16 Aglen 11
News Pilgrim's Pride Closing Ala. Poultry Plant (Dec '13) Jan '16 old goldkist pilgrim 2
Lee Mann (Nov '15) Jan '16 Lake 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Guntersville Mortgages