Guntersville native killed in shooting

Guntersville native killed in shooting

There are 84 comments on the Sand Mountain Reporter story from Jul 7, 2008, titled Guntersville native killed in shooting. In it, Sand Mountain Reporter reports that:

A Guntersville man was killed in a Sunday night shooting in Huntsville. The Reporter's television news partner, WAFF, identified the victim of a shooting as Samuel Frazier, 23, of Guntersville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sand Mountain Reporter.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Stephen Frazier

Guntersville, AL

#1 Jul 8, 2008
Get the facts right before you guys post this on the www!!!!!!!!!!
CORY B

Huntsville, AL

#2 Jul 10, 2008
Sam was like a big brother to me and i hope kyle wooden burns in hell for wat he did.
P_Rod

Grovetown, GA

#3 Jul 10, 2008
Thats what happens when you pull a gun. He was killed in self defense... some big brother
Leigh Ann Bruce

Harvest, AL

#4 Jul 11, 2008
Sam was a sweet boy. Please don't judge him if you didn't even know him. The whole Frazier crew is a great family and they have all our love and prayers.
Stephen Frazier

Guntersville, AL

#5 Jul 11, 2008
P_Rod,
Sounds like you were involved pretty deep to know this for a fact. I would LOVE to meet with you in person and hear your side of the story. This was my baby brother!!!!!
Stephen Frazier

Guntersville, AL

#6 Jul 11, 2008
P_Rod wrote:
Thats what happens when you pull a gun. He was killed in self defense... some big brother
Sounds like you were pretty involved yourself to know this to be a fact. If you were accurate then you would also know Sam was shot in the back by a COWARD. I would love to meet with you in person and hear your side of the story. Sam was my baby brother!! You can rest assure justice will be served and please feel free to comment on this.

Since: Jul 08

Boaz AL

#7 Jul 14, 2008
It is a sad state of affairs when any loss of life is justified on either side.

My thoughts and prayers go to the family of Sam and for the heart and soul of Kyle. He will now have to live and die with the misery he has put others through.
voice of truth

United States

#8 Jul 14, 2008
P_Rod wrote:
What a jerk thing to say! No matter what the situation was , someone was killed. A son, brother, and a friend. Think before you speak and look at the log hanging out of your eye before commenting on the speck in someone elses. God is the only one who can judge!
Lost Friend

United States

#9 Jul 14, 2008
I knew Sam really well. No matter what happened this is a tragic thing and Sam will be missed.

I would love to know what REALLY happened.
nicole

Albertville, AL

#10 Jul 14, 2008
I did not know Sam all that well but I know that he comes from a good family, I went to school with his sister. It's tragic, the family will be in my prayers.
A friend of the family

Athens, AL

#11 Jul 14, 2008
This young man will be soarly missed by all who knew him -- no matter what the circumstances and I for one will reiterate the quotes from others regarding "judge ye not lest ye be judged"!!

Thank you Stephen for verbalizing what so many are feeling, you could not help but love Sam!! My heart is breaking for all of us that knew him.
High School Friend

Northport, AL

#12 Jul 14, 2008
I knew Sam really well and loved him very much. He will stay in my heart and the hearts of all who knew him forever as the sweet boy with a mischievous smile.

For those of you who judge: please look to yourself before you look to someone else.

Stephen, please know that we love your family and are in full support of you. Thank you for speaking out for him and for the rest of us.

Sam, we will think of you daily and we all miss you very much.
hsv35801

Huntsville, AL

#13 Jul 14, 2008
I hate this for everyone. Two families are never going to be the same. I am praying for Sam's family - I hear they are fine people. I am also praying for the Woodens. I know the parents and they raised their son right. Somewhere along the line something went terribly wrong. Young people please stay away from drugs.
a worried mom

Kimberly, AL

#14 Jul 14, 2008
Everyone says "it's just pot". It's so sad that a bag of weed was behind this tragedy! How are we going to teach kids that all drugs are bad? They cause you to be with the wrong crowd. The DARE program doesn't work. What are we going to do about the drug problem in our area? Any suggestions from the young people out there? My prayers to the Frazier family.
Stephen Frazier

Guntersville, AL

#15 Jul 14, 2008
I appreciate all of the up-lifting prayers & comments! Anyone who has been through a tragedy like this can certainly understand what my family is going through. Today's society is so scary for anyone who is raising young children. Please continue to keep my family in your prayers, they are greatly needed.
Jay

West Point, GA

#16 Jul 15, 2008
Dude sam pulled a gun on kyle his truck has a ton of bullet holes in it to prove it. He deserved it
Vee

Huntsville, AL

#17 Jul 15, 2008
No, Jay...Kyle's truck does not have a "ton of bullet holes in it". Please...pray for Sam and his family; pray for Kyle and his family. The young men made bad choices that night: perhaps it started with drugs, perhaps it started with the company they were keeping, perhaps it started with themselves. If you are into drugs, drop them. If your friends are into drugs, drop them. Change, and help others change for the better.
High School Friend

Redmond, WA

#18 Jul 15, 2008
Can I ask what makes you think that you know what people deserve and don't deserve? Are you God, do we pray to you every day? No you aren't and we don't. Only God can judge and nobody deserves what happened to anyone in this situation. Does his family deserve what they are going through? Do the families of the other boys deserve what they are going through? Do the boys themselves deserve what they have to live with for the rest of their lives? Maybe you can answer my questions, Jay, since you seem to be the all knowing....

Thank you everyone for your support to the Frazier family and Sam's friends.
dude hater

Warrior, AL

#19 Jul 15, 2008
Jay wrote:
Dude sam pulled a gun on kyle his truck has a ton of bullet holes in it to prove it. He deserved it
Jay DUDE, learn respect. Everyone deserves atleast that! DUDE!
COOL CHICK

Warrior, AL

#20 Jul 15, 2008
who ever jay"dude" is it is some low of you to even write this plus you should be on the computer everyday you need to get a job NO BETTER YET GET A LIFE
AND STEPHEN I RESPECT YOU SO MUCH YOU SEEM REALLY NICES

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guntersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Court referral and color code (Jan '14) 20 hr Thersa72 14
Carpout a bust 2017 B. Feb 16 Johnhentry 1
News Chicken Plant In Albertville Holds Job Fair (Oct '11) Feb 15 boy thats odd 9
Amy Stewart Feb 10 Guntersville 1
Why is Israel the only civilised country in the... (Aug '14) Feb 3 yidfellas v USA 6
News Friends, Family Fondly Remember WHNT Legend Gra... (Jun '13) Jan '17 Rosie 5
Nursing pay Nov '16 Floyd 2

Guntersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Guntersville Mortgages