WLOX Anchor Fired After Drug Arrest

WLOX Anchor Fired After Drug Arrest

There are 51 comments on the The Jackson Channel story from Oct 26, 2008, titled WLOX Anchor Fired After Drug Arrest. In it, The Jackson Channel reports that:

TV reporter and weekend anchor Toni Miles has been arrested on felony drug charges, sunherald.com reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jackson Channel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
gloria young

United States

#1 Oct 26, 2008
you had everything going for you good looks and good job, you had to waste it on drugs. i feel sorry for your parents,i know there are hurt.
Kevin Ladnier

Valdosta, GA

#2 Oct 28, 2008
The Facts are not out yet and everyone is innocent till proven guilty unless you are in Biloxi!
someone who knew her

Taipei, Taiwan

#3 Oct 29, 2008
trust me...she was into drugs...this is from someone who knew her. it finally caught up with her. she needed something like this to happen.
You are Kidding_Right

Biloxi, MS

#4 Oct 29, 2008
Kevin,
She was not in Biloxi, she was in Gulfport.
WLOX is hollier than thou

AOL

#5 Nov 1, 2008
WEAR is working with Bob Solarski for alcohol addiction!
About time

United States

#6 Nov 6, 2008
That explains the "deer in headlights" look she always had on television.
Bob

Sioux City, IA

#7 Nov 25, 2008
Why does it need to "catch up with her?"

It's her body. If she's stupid enough to ruin it with white powder - let her.

We need to legalize most drugs and regulate and tax the shit out of them to break the back of the mafia and other organized crime groups who's entire livelihood stems from the illegal nature of such substances.

“more cowbell”

Since: Oct 08

Grand Prairie, TX

#8 Dec 7, 2008
Wow popular forum!
Bob

Sioux City, IA

#9 Dec 9, 2008
Yeah. If only the anti-legalization idiots would stay under their rocks. Take an economics class - look at the price graphs for weed price in relation to legality.

When weed(and other drugs) are decriminalized -- the price collapses as does crime. When it goes up -- organized crime flourishes as scum who usually don't have money suddenly have lots of cash.

Legalize drugs and tax the shit out of them. And if idiots like this broad want to use them -- let them.

“more cowbell”

Dallas, TX

#10 Dec 9, 2008
Bob wrote:
Yeah. If only the anti-legalization idiots would stay under their rocks. Take an economics class - look at the price graphs for weed price in relation to legality.
When weed(and other drugs) are decriminalized -- the price collapses as does crime. When it goes up -- organized crime flourishes as scum who usually don't have money suddenly have lots of cash.
Legalize drugs and tax the shit out of them. And if idiots like this broad want to use them -- let them.
How true! I will never understand why it is that our country can never admit it was wrong to conduct the war on drugs the way it has. Ridiculous. It's made criminals out of decent citizens!
Bob

Sioux City, IA

#11 Dec 9, 2008
I don't use drugs for the record. I smoked grass in high school and college and did a little speed and ectsasy when I was still in my 20s. That's it.

But I don't see what the big deal is.

Everybody knows what happens when you use cocaine, meth, heroin, etc.

It fucks you up.

And if these people want that trash in their body - so long as it isn't around children, pets, or old people, I say let them OD.

The world will be free one less idiot.

“more cowbell”

Dallas, TX

#12 Dec 9, 2008
Bob wrote:
I don't use drugs for the record. I smoked grass in high school and college and did a little speed and ectsasy when I was still in my 20s. That's it.
But I don't see what the big deal is.
Everybody knows what happens when you use cocaine, meth, heroin, etc.
It fucks you up.
And if these people want that trash in their body - so long as it isn't around children, pets, or old people, I say let them OD.
The world will be free one less idiot.
A very wise old lady I knew once told me that her solution to the "drug problem" was to make sure to give everyone the absolute purest form of their drug possible. That way, the hard-core addicts would OD almost instantly. That would go a long way to getting rid of the meth-heads and their buddies.
No, obviously drugs are bad for a person to use. It affects their health tremendously~!
An Old Friend

Houston, TX

#13 Dec 11, 2008
Wow! I've known Toni for 14 years, and I'm shocked to hear of this (I just learned of it today). I will say that Toni is probably the strangest woman I've ever met. If she was really into drugs, then that would explain a lot of unexplained behavior I have experienced with her since 1994. I could never quite figure her out, but perhaps this is the reason. I don't know. I lost touch with her over the years, so don't really know what she has been doing for the last few years other than working at WLOX and living in MS. I'd like to direct my question to "Someone who knew her" in Taiwan. Do you know she was into drugs, and for how long? I met Toni when she was fresh out of high school. It would be interesting to know how far back this goes. However, I do believe she is innocent until proven otherwise, so for now I'll just have to take a nuetral opinion and see what the final outcome is. Since her arrest was over a month ago, does anyone know what has happened from then until now?
Bob

Sioux City, IA

#14 Dec 12, 2008
I know drugs are bad to use. But my point is -- making them illegal only makes it worse. Idiots will use them one way or the other.

The addicts will probably OD one way or the other.

I say give it too them instead of risking spreading dirty needles -- which happens when you make such things illegal.
geez

United States

#15 Dec 19, 2008
Bob wrote:
I know drugs are bad to use. But my point is -- making them illegal only makes it worse. Idiots will use them one way or the other.
The addicts will probably OD one way or the other.
I say give it too them instead of risking spreading dirty needles -- which happens when you make such things illegal.
Absolutely 100% agree!
Commercial Pilot

Columbus, MS

#16 Jan 10, 2009
Toni is a wonderfull person with many awards for her work. It seems her only problem was who she was hanging out with, Im sure more facts will come to light eventually. Notice that Ronnie Blackledge who's house she was at didnt have his name plastered all over the front page!
Jason Moody

Nampa, ID

#17 Jan 30, 2009
Does anyone know what has happened to Toni since she was terminated from WLOX? Is she still in Biloxi?
Miles-A-Way Biloxi

Long Beach, MS

#18 Jan 31, 2009
Toni is hanging out at the Bonefish with a guy named Carl Crawford from Jackson County.Heard he is her sugar daddy.
bear cove

Dallas, TX

#19 Feb 21, 2009
How sad, Toni trying to cope ended up losing her soul.
sweetiebee

AOL

#20 Apr 14, 2009
So sad about Toni. I always saw her at o'charle's in orange grove with Roy Anderson III. She always looked spaced out. Wlox done good by getting rid of her. She was not worth a damm doing the news..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gulfport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Wendy Rayner Aug 13 SeaBee 3
News Lawsuit: Toddlers sexually assaulted while in H... (Jan '16) Aug 13 darla birdsall 3
Smooth Talker and User in Long Beach Aug 12 Qzvar 3
News Gulfport nursing home owner charged with operat... (Aug '09) Aug 12 Ralph 16
Judy Soga (Dec '16) Aug 7 Family 2
Harrison County Tax Sale (Jul '14) Aug 7 ICU2 10
Flooring Aug 3 check here 2

Gulfport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gulfport Mortgages