Anybody know anything about Dixie Mafia involvement with MS hwy patrol in 1960s?

Posted in the Gulfport Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 76 Comments Last updated Jul 22, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Curious

Seattle, WA

#1 Jul 12, 2009
I grew up in New Orleans, and we used to vacation in Biloxi and hear stories about highway patrol officers arresting people and taking them for a "ride" (a beating). It happened to someone I know, so it really did happen. But I remember hearing about people disappearing. It all stopped when some lawyer from New Orleans got stopped and taken for a "ride," and he sued and supposedly brought an end to this ugly practice. I'm curious if anybody knows of a connection between the then corrupt MS hwy patrol and the Dixie Mafia, and if this practice of taking people for rides/beatings/disappearings played a role in that. Also, if you know where I might read about the history of this chapter in MS history. Thx, Curious
Macon

Macon, GA

#2 Jan 30, 2010
The Dixie Mafia is a very much alive, very large (and growing), very well organized group of criminals and they literally blanket the south. Regardless of how upstanding they appear to be in the community, they're ALL white trash. To become a member, requirement number one is that someone must have a "day job", to explain how they can afford houses, cars, boats, etc. They also closely cooperate with the Outlaws M.C. on many criminal enterprises, especially drug distribution and murder. Since the mid 80's, ALL the old line "mob" organizations have been forced to buy their cocaine and heroin directly from the C.I.A. Only the importers who have foolishly decided to remain "independent" are targeted by federal law enforcement. That's correct, "our" government is directly responsible for at least 95% of the drugs flooding the streets of this nation. A cheap punk who is a member of both the Outlaws AND the Dixie Mafia has a "contract" to kill me right now. Having advance knowledge of someone's bad intentions, plus where that person is likely to be found at any given time is a very powerful tool. That sorry coward is the chief "hitter" for Clayton, Fayette, and Coweta counties in Georgia. Rumor has it he's even "done" some children. Yes, I know all the who, what, when, where, and how concerning his drug running, too. I know exactly "who's who" at the top of the Dixie Mafia (the "kingpins"), but they don't know me. I wouldn't bet on his team winning the game they're playing with me, I'm a retired U.S. Intelligence agent and I strongly believe that being proactive and extremely alert is always the most effective plan. I'm willing to bet my life the Dixie boys are about to suffer a long series of very devastating "hits" from an "unknown source".
Wonderin

Covington, LA

#3 Mar 1, 2010
There are at least a couple of books avaiable on this suject. One is "Dream Room" by Chet Nicholson. Another is "Mississippi Mud" by Edward Humes. I'm sure some of the "outlaws" and their associates or descendants are still in the area.
It would be interesting to hear from some them on an anonoymous forum such as this.
Mississippi

Diamondhead, MS

#4 Mar 4, 2010
Macon, Ga. YOU ARE FULL OF BULL S---!!!
Mississippi

Diamondhead, MS

#5 Mar 4, 2010
IF YOU ARE SUCH A THREAT TO THEM THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL AROUND. RUNNING YOUR MOUTH !!!!
angel of fire

Perkinston, MS

#6 Sep 17, 2010
My uncle was Dewey D'Angelo he owned and operated the Gringo Room. I can so remember those days like they were yesterday.
boss

Lexington, KY

#7 Sep 18, 2010
Dixie Mafia is aterm made up by the FBI. Therefore, no such organization existsnow, nor has ever existed.
The Old South was built by people helping each other out. Contracts were made by a handshake. Men were men, and yankees were yankees. The FBI has always been an enemy of the South, fabricating lies and accusations.
boss

Lexington, KY

#8 Sep 18, 2010
Macon wrote:
The Dixie Mafia is a very much alive, very large (and growing), very well organized group of criminals and they literally blanket the south. Regardless of how upstanding they appear to be in the community, they're ALL white trash. To become a member, requirement number one is that someone must have a "day job", to explain how they can afford houses, cars, boats, etc. They also closely cooperate with the Outlaws M.C. on many criminal enterprises, especially drug distribution and murder. Since the mid 80's, ALL the old line "mob" organizations have been forced to buy their cocaine and heroin directly from the C.I.A. Only the importers who have foolishly decided to remain "independent" are targeted by federal law enforcement. That's correct, "our" government is directly responsible for at least 95% of the drugs flooding the streets of this nation. A cheap punk who is a member of both the Outlaws AND the Dixie Mafia has a "contract" to kill me right now. Having advance knowledge of someone's bad intentions, plus where that person is likely to be found at any given time is a very powerful tool. That sorry coward is the chief "hitter" for Clayton, Fayette, and Coweta counties in Georgia. Rumor has it he's even "done" some children. Yes, I know all the who, what, when, where, and how concerning his drug running, too. I know exactly "who's who" at the top of the Dixie Mafia (the "kingpins"), but they don't know me. I wouldn't bet on his team winning the game they're playing with me, I'm a retired U.S. Intelligence agent and I strongly believe that being proactive and extremely alert is always the most effective plan. I'm willing to bet my life the Dixie boys are about to suffer a long series of very devastating "hits" from an "unknown source".
I very much agree with the other writer, you are full of b.s., obviously you like to read fiction and fantasize.
boss

Lexington, KY

#9 Sep 18, 2010
Curious wrote:
I grew up in New Orleans, and we used to vacation in Biloxi and hear stories about highway patrol officers arresting people and taking them for a "ride" (a beating). It happened to someone I know, so it really did happen. But I remember hearing about people disappearing. It all stopped when some lawyer from New Orleans got stopped and taken for a "ride," and he sued and supposedly brought an end to this ugly practice. I'm curious if anybody knows of a connection between the then corrupt MS hwy patrol and the Dixie Mafia, and if this practice of taking people for rides/beatings/disappearings played a role in that. Also, if you know where I might read about the history of this chapter in MS history. Thx, Curious
If you want to know about southern history, don't start witha question about a fictitious organization with a silly FBI name like Dixie Mafia
The one who knows

United States

#10 Oct 2, 2010
boss wrote:
Dixie Mafia is aterm made up by the FBI. Therefore, no such organization existsnow, nor has ever existed.
The Old South was built by people helping each other out. Contracts were made by a handshake. Men were men, and yankees were yankees. The FBI has always been an enemy of the South, fabricating lies and accusations.
I agree totally! I have been saying this exact thing for years!! I grew up in Biloxi and and am either related to or were good family friends with people named in one of those books...It is all total BS there was no economy people who were friends did things together that were wrong but tey were tring to make a living...all this Mafia crap is just false!!!
Mark

Tewksbury, MA

#12 Apr 6, 2011
angel of fire wrote:
My uncle was Dewey D'Angelo he owned and operated the Gringo Room. I can so remember those days like they were yesterday.
I lived in Biloxi in the early 70's I know your cousin. E-mail me at mandomanmark@gmail.com
Twain

Chicago, IL

#13 Apr 15, 2011
Curious wrote:
I grew up in New Orleans, and we used to vacation in Biloxi and hear stories about highway patrol officers arresting people and taking them for a "ride" (a beating). It happened to someone I know, so it really did happen. But I remember hearing about people disappearing. It all stopped when some lawyer from New Orleans got stopped and taken for a "ride," and he sued and supposedly brought an end to this ugly practice. I'm curious if anybody knows of a connection between the then corrupt MS hwy patrol and the Dixie Mafia, and if this practice of taking people for rides/beatings/disappearings played a role in that. Also, if you know where I might read about the history of this chapter in MS history. Thx, Curious
Read this thread,'Waveland Police Department - Necaise'-- specifically poster #23 and #62 -- if you're interested in whether there are any remnants of the 'ride' on the coast. Waveland's zip is 39576, and it was last posted March 23.
P.S. "Mark" (previous poster) is such a great name for a D.M. thread, true?
SOUTHERN GIRL

New Orleans, LA

#14 Apr 27, 2011
I grew up with a family that was in the "Dixie Mafia." The term "Dixie Mafia" is a made up term and any low life criminal was automatically assumed to be part of their gang. There are still descendants, like me, that carry the name with pride and some members of the so called gang still alive today. But if you ever want to know the truth about all of it don't read a book or watch what you see on the television, find someone who was there and that is willing to talk about it, which is rare...... They are the only ones that can tell you fact from fiction... Good Luck

and Macon, You're a idiot. Don't talk about something you know nothing about. Sounds like you need a good whacking for being a idiot.
Renee

Gulfport, MS

#15 May 28, 2011
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in Biloxi in the early 70's I know your cousin. E-mail me at mandomanmark@gmail.com
My Mom use to work in Biloxi and she died a few years back but I found a pic and was trying to figure out who is in it with her.
southern grown

Madison, AL

#16 May 29, 2011
the dixie mafia is real.my uncle who has recently pass 3 months ago paul mazzel was it.hey the way i see it we all make mistakes u know.
Deano DAngelo

Pensacola, FL

#17 Jun 21, 2011
I am Dewey D'Angelo's son and none of you know what you're talking about, stay out of things that don't concern you and let the dead rest!
sunshine57

Seymour, IN

#18 Jul 5, 2011
Deano DAngelo wrote:
I am Dewey D'Angelo's son and none of you know what you're talking about, stay out of things that don't concern you and let the dead rest!
I use to go To the gringo room and knew dewey and your 2 sisters . I never had a problem or seen one there . They were good people.
Deano DAngelo

Pensacola, FL

#19 Jul 8, 2011
Most of the Dixie Mafia was comprised of redneck punks, with no Italian blood, who had no honor or loyalty. What may be left of that organization are not worth talking about. OMERTA !!!! Move on, let it og, get a life.
Deano DAngelo

Pensacola, FL

#20 Jul 8, 2011
Most of the Dixie Mafia was comprised of redneck punks, with no Italian blood, who had no honor or loyalty. What may be left of that organization are not worth talking about. OMERTA !!!! Move on, let it go, get a life.
Biloxi Bacon

Ocean Springs, MS

#21 Jul 8, 2011
Most of those who called themselves The Dixie Mafia were nothing but a bunch of thugs and hoodlums who wished they were Mafia. The real Mafia was 90 miles west in New Orleans, uncle Carlo's!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gulfport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former mayoral candidate arrested 2 hr Main Street Bandit 5
Jackson County supervisor fights for money to f... (Mar '09) Sun Ed Harper 7
Bay St. Louis leaders look back nine years to K... Sat coast person 1
Justin Mitchell/Sun Herald BB's Barbeque and Sn... Aug 29 Tracey 1
Jones Park in Gulfport becoming one popular place Aug 28 Harry 1
New harbormaster for Ocean Springs? Aug 28 O S BOB 22
Bay St. Louis residents brace for tax hike Aug 28 downsouth 4
•••
•••
Gulfport Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Gulfport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Gulfport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Gulfport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gulfport
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••