Over 10,000 FEMA trailers (full-size) in Hope. Arkansas

Posted in the Gulfport Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
tracy young

AOL

#1 Feb 9, 2006
I live about 35 miles from Hope where FEMA is paying 25,000 dollars a month to keep these trailers here at the airport. People in Miss-La have had no home now for 5+ months, how awful!!!!!!!!! My son is working in Mississippi and he says it is just pitiful some of the living conditions. I don't know what it will take to deliver these manufactured mobile homes but we need to get with it..and quickly or soon we will have a new burden for the taxpayers, Sickness!!!!!!!!!!The only reason I've been given by anyone is that they can't be moved due to paperwork. Let's DO THE PAPERWORK!!! I realize that this is a mega-disaster but never give up. Get some hard working good 'ol country boy down there and he can get things going I'll bet you!!!!!!!
kenny

United States

#2 Feb 14, 2006
ive been working on pulling fema trailors and i tell ya what, its darn near imposable to get a job pulling them, everyone i talk to says fema isnt ready or fema is off till 15th feb. i drove the steets of Bay St. Louis the other day and in the urbans where damage to houses wasnt so bad and people still living in houses, there was trash and brush piled all over the neighborhood streets, Ashbritt is the contractor with the corp that is resposable for the clean up, i seen nobody picking up the debris, so i went to Asbritt office and told them i had 2 loader machines and 10 dump trucks and that id like the job of picking up the debris, they told me they werent hiring any contractors, question is why NOT? why arent they trying to get the stuff picked up, lots of folks with equipment just sitting around with no work, i think ashbrit and the corp has something going and not wanting other contractors helping to get the job done.
Destin Mounts

United States

#3 Feb 28, 2006
I have 17 acres in Daphne Al. just 10 min off I-10 about 2 hours east of New Orleans. that could be used for storage or for familes to stay. contact me at fisher0321@yahoo.com
Shane Whaley

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Mar 3, 2006
Destin Mounts wrote:
I have 17 acres in Daphne Al. just 10 min off I-10 about 2 hours east of New Orleans. that could be used for storage or for familes to stay. contact me at fisher0321@yahoo.com
GOD Bless You Destin. It is individual citizens like yourself that REALLY make the difference. The U.S. government should be less reliant on this fact and
GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND HELP the citizens of the Gulfcoast rebuild their properties and communities. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for the problems that we are seeing after the passing of six months. Oh...and to all of the insurance companies that mislead their customers and are now in disputes over whether the damage was caused by wind or flood...DO THE RIGHT THING AND PAY THE MONEY THAT OWE NOW. To say that someone has "hurricaine coverage" and then not pay-out when a "hurricaine" destroys there property is ascinine.
Danny and Sandy

AOL

#5 Mar 3, 2006
I would like to say a few things . we had to move to Pa. we had no chose 3 weeks after katrina, we had nothing left. we got here in this cold country and people all said we will help you we will do this and that not to worry ,we have no friends people dont even talk to us even the churches here do not care, well now my husband Danny has suffered a heart attack(4 months ago) and the hospitals here will not do anything because we nave no insurance , he needs a valve removed with open heart surgery.He wants to move back home as I do too, but where would we go and stay.FEMA is well awear of this problem with Danny , they will not discuss this with me.
theefountains@aol.com someone please write us back, we wuld love to hear from someone , we are so stressed out over all this .what do we do , someone please email us..
Roserita

United States

#6 Mar 13, 2006
I would like to thank all of the people who have helped and all who are willing to help. I live in Waveland, Ms.
I'm a wife and mother of 10 year old twins. I lost my house, car, cat, and my husband lost his job because of Katrina. I dont know where we would be if it wasn't for all of the voulnteers who have come down here or helped in some other way. Because we know that the govt. surly isn't helping. And the insurance companies could care even less. THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU
Roland Williby Sr

AOL

#7 Mar 23, 2006
I have room for seven of the 11,000 trailers President Bush wants in the hands of Katrina and Rita, evacuatee.
contact me at willibyc3@aol.com
chris

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Mar 26, 2006
I have been trying to find out how to get a job pulling trailers also.I heard a rumor that fema was paying 3 grand apiece. Sounds too good huh ? Let me know I thank you.who"kenny" ive been working on pulling fema tIrailors and i tell ya what, its darn near imposable to get a job pulling them, everyone i talk to says fema isnt ready or fema is off till 15th feb. i drove the steets of Bay St. Louis the other day and in the urbans where damage to houses wasnt so bad and people still living in houses, there was trash and brush piled all over the neighborhood streets, Ashbritt is the contractor with the corp that is resposable for the clean up, i seen nobody picking up the debris, so i went to Asbritt office and told them i had 2 loader machines and 10 dump trucks and that id like the job of picking up the debris, they told me they werent hiring any contractors, question is why NOT? why arent they trying to get the stuff picked up, lots of folks with equipment just sitting around with no work, i think ashbrit and the corp has something going and not wanting other contractors helping to get the job done.
chris

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Mar 26, 2006
I am trying to find out how to deliver fema trailers to New Orleans. I don't know where they are picked up either. I heard a rumor that fema was paying 3 grand apiece. If any body can shed some light on this for me I would appreciate it. THANK YOU
concerned

AOL

#10 Mar 27, 2006
chris wrote:
I have been trying to find out how to get a job pulling trailers also.I heard a rumor that fema was paying 3 grand apiece. Sounds too good huh ? Let me know I thank you.who"kenny" ive been working on pulling fema tIrailors and i tell ya what, its darn near imposable to get a job pulling them, everyone i talk to says fema isnt ready or fema is off till 15th feb. i drove the steets of Bay St. Louis the other day and in the urbans where damage to houses wasnt so bad and people still living in houses, there was trash and brush piled all over the neighborhood streets, Ashbritt is the contractor with the corp that is resposable for the clean up, i seen nobody picking up the debris, so i went to Asbritt office and told them i had 2 loader machines and 10 dump trucks and that id like the job of picking up the debris, they told me they werent hiring any contractors, question is why NOT? why arent they trying to get the stuff picked up, lots of folks with equipment just sitting around with no work, i think ashbrit and the corp has something going and not wanting other contractors helping to get the job done.
Fema headquaters for the travel trailers is at Menge Ave. And I-10 in Harrison County. For HAncock county it is in the old skate park on the corner of Hwy.90 and Waveland Ave. Check there and see because a lot of people still need a place to live.
theo

United States

#11 Mar 28, 2006
fema can go blow it's self, with all the money fema spent
on the hurricane reliefe, fema could have given every
man, woman and cild $30,000 and still have cash to waste
, where is all that donated money going?, i think the
fema bigwigs are buying yats and sports cars with it,
no one ive met has seen a single cent from fema, somthin
fishy is goin on and i dont like it.

fema stand for - fixes- evrything-my -ass!
Miss36dd

Mentor, OH

#12 Aug 30, 2006
chris wrote:
I am trying to find out how to deliver fema trailers to New Orleans. I don't know where they are picked up either. I heard a rumor that fema was paying 3 grand apiece. If any body can shed some light on this for me I would appreciate it. THANK YOU
Check with Quality transport or Bennet Transport. They only pay $1.12 per mile one way. There was a $.11 per mile fuel surcharge but that got cut out. You have to post a $1,000.00 bond, and take a drug test at your expense. You must have mud flaps and a strut sway hitch. It ain't worth the wear on your tires. From Indiana to Hope only paid $828.00. It cost $375.00 in diesel. It takes 2 days because of all the red tape bs. Thats only $225.00 a day for you and the truck. I do it because I am Blonde and don't know any better.

http://www.miss36dd.com
Carey

AOL

#13 Sep 11, 2006
I would like to know how or who I need to talk too about transporting trailors for FEMA Contact me at chwdag@aol.com
Thank You in advance,
Carey
Jerry Gaus

Columbus, GA

#14 Sep 12, 2006
I to would like to know how or who I need to talk too about transporting trailors for FEMA. Contact me at colbusiserv@earthlin.net. My father and father-in-law are retired and would like to supplement their income by hauling trailers for FEMA. Do they need to form as a small company in order to be considered or can they work for a subcontractor? Thank you,Jerry
FEMA

Brookhaven, MS

#15 Sep 21, 2006
HAHA YOU CANT HAVE THEM..... JUST WAIT FOR THE CARBOARD BOXES THAT WE JUST SENT OUT TO THE HOMELESS IN NORTH GULFPORT HAHAHAHAHAHA
chuck

AOL

#16 Oct 1, 2006
they"bush"dont care about those people cause they are poor dems....but if you live in flordia,,well dont you worry,,,cause bushie boy wont let that happen down there....they might need some votes re-counted.....ever wonder why flordia has been hit by so many storms?...God says"when you vote for the devil, your going to catch Hell"......
wiggins miss

Helena, MT

#17 Oct 4, 2006
my sister her 3 kids are living with my parents thay lost everything thay lived in the bay area fema has not giving her enything every thing she has got so far has came from salvation army so i would like to thank them .and to all who donated thair money and time .we the victims of hurrican katrina hafe to look out for each other becouse dam if fema cares or the so called presedent of the usa thank you all lol
J Ohio

United States

#18 Oct 13, 2006
looking to buy trailer in Hope, Send info to jjcores@sbcglobal.net. J. Kissel
Angela

Willis, TX

#19 Nov 7, 2006
J Ohio wrote:
looking to buy trailer in Hope, Send info to jjcores@sbcglobal.net. J. Kissel
Have you found anything on the purchase of these trailers? angelas@griffithlawfirm.com
Sue Boulder Colorado

United States

#20 Nov 8, 2006
On a very recent vacation/bsiness trip tha led us thru Arkansas,we unexpectedly ran across the trailers outside of Hope. We had stopped to see the Clinton homes and museum and had just had agreat traditional Southern meal-feeling pretty good! Of course Ihad read,seen stories on TV and heard about the trailers but to actually see them was first horrifying, then enraging!All I can say is best of luck to those trying to get jobs driving those trailers to where they need to go,to those who need them,and bless those who have tried to help Katrina's victims in other ways. As for me I plan on writing lots of letters to the appropriate people. With our new Congress hopefully this and outrages committed by this administration can be righted.(For example,I hope that my Marine captain helicopter pilot step-daughter-of whom I am very proud-does not have to go back for a third tour in Iraq.The war has changed her and I hope that as fewas possible need to follow her. Th war is the greatest outrage, but folks somewhere need those tralers and we don't need to be paying for them just sitting there for Lord knows how long!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gulfport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Residence At Bay Cove-Retirement & Assi... (May '13) Mon Noodles66 18
Small employee raises included in Ocean Springs... Mon gulf 5
Fear and threats at Ocean Springs Harbor Sun HarborShart 29
High praise for Bay Harbor Sun Wendy K 2
Fear and Loathing at DMR Sun X-Employee 4
new here and lookin Sat james999 1
Former mayoral candidate arrested Sep 13 Reba 9
•••
•••
Gulfport Dating