Mayor says residents' failure to pay ...

Mayor says residents' failure to pay bills is keeping Bay behind

There are 12 comments on the Sea Coast Echo story from Feb 7, 2014, titled Mayor says residents' failure to pay bills is keeping Bay behind. In it, Sea Coast Echo reports that:

The city of Bay St. Louis is about $95,000 behind on its bill to the Hancock Solid Waste Authority, and Mayor Les Fillingame said Tuesday that's because a lot of residents in wards 5 and 6 haven't been paying their bills to the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sea Coast Echo.

Bobby

Lehigh Acres, FL

#1 Feb 10, 2014
The mayor is full of bull
Norra

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#2 Feb 10, 2014
Bobby wrote:
The mayor is full of bull
With all his lies during the election, he has to put the blame on someone.
really

Gulfport, MS

#3 Feb 10, 2014
Norra wrote:
<quoted text>With all his lies during the election, he has to put the blame on someone.
the audits proved nothing-couple of bills late-I think the adminstration is very smart-since council finally decided to raise the rates to cover fees-doent take a rocket scientist
yep and according to the article you are referring to-isnt it funny that lonnie's name is always in the echo doing the bashing-
he is the same one that lied about Ray Kidd, Pam, and many others during election
in fact, his first election he bashed/ lied about eddie farve-
There is an old saying that those who speak the loudest are the ones that are usually the ones that are trying to hide something-
glass houses

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#4 Feb 10, 2014
has anyone got a gander at the list, I know someone who said that LF is one of the people in question on the list. Now with all fairness as mr kopf said in the paper they have to look very closely and make sure the list is right. But come on good way to put the spotlight on the city when you get busted.and i am one of the people he thinks he speaks for well i am not and he does not, i did not vote for les and will not again, but i do think he is moving in the right direction trying to getr the bills caught up.
really wrote:
<quoted text>
the audits proved nothing-couple of bills late-I think the adminstration is very smart-since council finally decided to raise the rates to cover fees-doent take a rocket scientist
yep and according to the article you are referring to-isnt it funny that lonnie's name is always in the echo doing the bashing-
he is the same one that lied about Ray Kidd, Pam, and many others during election
in fact, his first election he bashed/ lied about eddie farve-
There is an old saying that those who speak the loudest are the ones that are usually the ones that are trying to hide something-
Bobby

Lehigh Acres, FL

#5 Feb 11, 2014
Wait till the city looses the lawsuit on the land they and the state took without paying for it.taxes will go sky high and the marina will be a failure
EchoWrekO

Gulfport, MS

#6 Feb 12, 2014
Is it really too much to ask of the Echo to accurately report what the mayor OR anyone else says? This so called newspaper stirs up more crap by Misreporting and Misquoting.It's gone on for years.
Common Sense

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#7 Feb 12, 2014
Why don't they cut off the utilities if they don't pay the bills? The list is full of people with huge balances. Trust me... if you don't pay Mississippi Power they will cut you off.
glass houses

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#8 Feb 13, 2014
Ditto seems like the assistant editor had to jump in and get the story right. I believe it is the couple of fine council members that seem to take a story and make a fairy tail out it. Then what do you expect in the land of loonie toons and the pooper scooper Lets see what new the dynamic duo bring up Tuesday. Da da da da da da da fatman and floobin but i do love those two they
EchoWrekO wrote:
Is it really too much to ask of the Echo to accurately report what the mayor OR anyone else says? This so called newspaper stirs up more crap by Misreporting and Misquoting.It's gone on for years.
hold on there buddy

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#9 Feb 14, 2014
glass houses you mean to tell us the story is not true, really i can not believe the two members of our government would spread stories, I have never heard any of them say anything out of context. like they wouldn't say the city was broke or it will be in February, or they feel the city has no fire protection, the police are unable to do the job and protect us,or we are behind in our bills to the county, and their wards receive no help from the city at all, and they do not stir the poop with city employees. Blaaabh Blaaah, they sit and try to figure ways to disrupt the operations of the city, one stirs it and sits back to watch the other runs him lips but everything he says is BS these are fine examples of our government leaders of our community their real hidden agenda is to make it look like the administration is running the city into the ground. So they do that and keep the cities operations from running what happens when it is all said and done and they succeed in taking their personal vendetta and it effects the entire city, they really do not think or care about that. Sure election is three years away and maybe the administration needs to change hands, but those two for sure need to go. we need repersentives that are willing to work together for the good of all of us But it will never change unless we change it, and yes all those things I listed they have done and are still doing..
glass houses wrote:
Ditto seems like the assistant editor had to jump in and get the story right. I believe it is the couple of fine council members that seem to take a story and make a fairy tail out it. Then what do you expect in the land of loonie toons and the pooper scooper Lets see what new the dynamic duo bring up Tuesday. Da da da da da da da fatman and floobin but i do love those two they <quoted text>
babysitter

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#10 Feb 17, 2014
If you all spent time and energy on trying to help the city succeed, as you do trying to hope it fails, we would be a growing city. Can we give this a try now I am not only talking to the people posting or the council fueling the fire, but to the administration also everyone try to work together for all of our sake. and lets stop referring to the city as the annexed area or the other ones south of highway 90 or ward 1,2,3,4,5,6, heck we all live here lets work this out, and I know it is going to take alot of patience, but lets work it out fair for all that includes services,grass cutting, road repair, lights, all the things that seem to be tearing us apart.
Bobby wrote:
Wait till the city looses the lawsuit on the land they and the state took without paying for it.taxes will go sky high and the marina will be a failure
Mad As Hell

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#11 Feb 21, 2014
glass houses wrote:
has anyone got a gander at the list, I know someone who said that LF is one of the people in question on the list. Now with all fairness as mr kopf said in the paper they have to look very closely and make sure the list is right. But come on good way to put the spotlight on the city when you get busted.and i am one of the people he thinks he speaks for well i am not and he does not, i did not vote for les and will not again, but i do think he is moving in the right direction trying to getr the bills caught up. <quoted text>
I live in JOEY'S ward, saw list and both their names was on it and MINE. My wife has been paying directly to city since annexation and Joey and his Mom too. Opps they said when wife went up there to check. Showed Mr. Lonnie's bill on river since house built in 2006. Opps, original owners built house never paid bill, Mr. Lonnie didn't purchase till late 2008. Mr. Ladner's office made correction, but city didn't. Mr. Favre and Mr. Lonnie brought up in Dec. meeting that people were skating on garbage bills in 5 & 6, this started investigation, then Joey and Reed agreed to ck everyone out. Now crap stirrers, go get utility list from " south side of 90 cause I couldn't get it but saw one with some very close ties to this administration folks. We need all collected folks for good government.
WOW

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#12 Mar 4, 2014
I lie in one of those wards.I pay my bill to hancock s&w not the city?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gulfport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctors: Pit bull's tooth found in bone during ... Fri SaltyStrawberry 2
church of satan Dec 4 Body of Christ 2
MNL Truck Sales (Aug '11) Dec 1 WHY ME 103
Anybody know anything about Dixie Mafia involve... (Jul '09) Dec 1 Phyllis Cook 118
Review: Holmes Motors (Jul '08) Nov 27 Anna 136
Opiates (Nov '13) Nov 24 DopeDisaster 25
Coach Browder (Oct '12) Nov 20 Bobcat 3

Gulfport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gulfport Mortgages