Gulfport Police NOT Tourist Friendly

Posted in the Gulfport Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tourister

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Feb 10, 2011
A friend of mine visited gulfport Ms. for a vacation. She was robbed of her I.D. cards by a local who then threatened her to work for him as a prostitute. She had no one to turn to but the police. When she called the police, they had no time for her. She was stuck in a bad situation for a few days until someone had to drive 150 miles to help her. As far as im concerned, stay as far away from gulfport as you can get. The gulfport police dont give 2 sh#ts about what happens to you while visiting. Stay away from this tourist trap! Think about this and think if it was your daughter!!! Aruba, Gulfport?????
Tourister

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Feb 10, 2011
And to all you local tourist business, Is this the way you want the rest of the country to see gulfport??? If you think a little oil can ruin your town, just wait till you have no one to buy your wares. Your police dept. doesnt care!!!!

Since: Feb 11

United States

#3 Feb 10, 2011
The Police in gulfport dont care about anything but money If you dont have a lot of it stay away.
b careful in gpt.

United States

#4 Feb 11, 2011
& she was visiting.... I live in blx,I stay out of gport. They don't play fair, not at all. All about money.
Tourister

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Feb 11, 2011
she was just a tourist, visiting gulfport, and became a victim! when she requested help from the gulfport police, she was treated like any other outsider, a Tourist is considered an outsider. take some good advise and not bring your family here. to many registered sex offenders in town preying on your family with no help from the local keystones in blue! deep south mentality, deliverance!!
Ilovegulfport

Collins, MS

#6 Feb 14, 2011
Tourister,

What do you think the cops should have done? Your friend needed to and still can go sign charges against the guy who stole her ID cards.

The cops don't have a legal right to do anything to the alleged suspect just based on your friend's word that he stole from her and wanted her to work as a prostitute.

I'm sorry if your friend feels slighted by Gulfport PD but they really have too much to deal with already to have time to follow up cases such as hers.

I have a pretty good idea what cops have to deal with so if what happened to her happened to me, I wouldn't call the police at all and I would have kept trying to contact friends or family to help me get home.
MS sucks

Phelps, KY

#7 Feb 17, 2011
I use to live in Biloxi and yes the Biloxi Police and Gulfport Police are nothing but a bunch of corrupt pigs with a badge and a gun so they think they can do what ever they want and get away with it.. Don't even bother asking them for help because you'd be wasting your breath!!!
flaman

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Feb 17, 2011
Ilovegulfport wrote:
Tourister,
What do you think the cops should have done? Your friend needed to and still can go sign charges against the guy who stole her ID cards.
The cops don't have a legal right to do anything to the alleged suspect just based on your friend's word that he stole from her and wanted her to work as a prostitute.
I'm sorry if your friend feels slighted by Gulfport PD but they really have too much to deal with already to have time to follow up cases such as hers.
I have a pretty good idea what cops have to deal with so if what happened to her happened to me, I wouldn't call the police at all and I would have kept trying to contact friends or family to help me get home.
cop out attitude, oh wait, you are a cop! dont bother the popo, we got donuts to eat.
Ilovegulfport

Ridgeland, MS

#9 Feb 17, 2011
Police Department's Answering Machine

Hello, you have reached the Police Department's Voice Mail. Pay close attention as we have to update the choices often as new and unusual circumstances arrive. Please select one of the following options:

To whine about us not doing anything to solve a problem that you created yourself, press 1

To inquire as to whether someone has to die before we'll do something about a problem, press 2

To report an officer for bad manners, when in reality the officer is trying to keep your neighborhood safe, press 3

If you would like us to raise your children, press 4

If you would like us to take control of your life due to your chemical dependency or alcohol problem, press 5

If you would like us to instantly restore order to a situation that took years to deteriorate, press 6

To provide a list of officers you personally know so we will not take enforcement action against you, press 7

To sue us, or tell us you pay our salary and you'll have our badge, or to proclaim our career is over, press 8

To whine about a ticket and/or complain about the many other uses for police rather than keeping your dumb ass in line, press 9

Please note your call may be monitored to assure proper customer support and remember. We are here to save your ass NOT kiss it.

Thanks for calling your local Police Department. Have a nice day.

Flaman,

Now I understand how Homer Simpson felt when he said, I had to put my donut down and delay my
pre-lunch nap just to write this.
flaman

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Feb 18, 2011
Ilovegulfport wrote:
Police Department's Answering Machine
Hello, you have reached the Police Department's Voice Mail. Pay close attention as we have to update the choices often as new and unusual circumstances arrive. Please select one of the following options:
To whine about us not doing anything to solve a problem that you created yourself, press 1
To inquire as to whether someone has to die before we'll do something about a problem, press 2
To report an officer for bad manners, when in reality the officer is trying to keep your neighborhood safe, press 3
If you would like us to raise your children, press 4
If you would like us to take control of your life due to your chemical dependency or alcohol problem, press 5
If you would like us to instantly restore order to a situation that took years to deteriorate, press 6
To provide a list of officers you personally know so we will not take enforcement action against you, press 7
To sue us, or tell us you pay our salary and you'll have our badge, or to proclaim our career is over, press 8
To whine about a ticket and/or complain about the many other uses for police rather than keeping your dumb ass in line, press 9
Please note your call may be monitored to assure proper customer support and remember. We are here to save your ass NOT kiss it.
Thanks for calling your local Police Department. Have a nice day.
Flaman,
Now I understand how Homer Simpson felt when he said, I had to put my donut down and delay my
pre-lunch nap just to write this.
I got a better one for the popo answering machine, first off, i would expect to get an answering machine for emergency calls for the popo.
press 1 if you have free donuts
press2 if you have free coffee
press3 if you have free food
press4 if you have free drinks
press5 if you have a wife we can screw
press6 if you have a husband we can screw
press7 if you have a daughter we can screw
press8 if you have anything we can screw
press9 if you decline go back to 1
you retards are so much up each others ass, now i know where the in breeding begins.
corrupt, lying, cheating, overweight oinks! we are your local popo!
MS sucks

Phelps, KY

#11 Feb 18, 2011
I couldn't have said it better Flamam!!!
flaman

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Feb 18, 2011
#7 should b #2,#4 should b #7,#9 is great as #9, keep your dumb ass in line lol,. oh by the way, i hear if you go to a deli and not reach in your pocket to pay for your food, theres a good chance you be able to walkout without paying like any other common criminal you would arrest. that will be your little payoff to circle the deli a little more!!
Ilovegulfport

Collins, MS

#13 Feb 20, 2011
I can tell you are jealous because we are often given 1 through 4 on your version of the answering machine and 99% of us do not need you or anyone to provide someone for us to screw. We get more offers than we care to accept.

Most of us have higher standards than you and prefer not to screw your wife, husband, daughter, etc.
flaman

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Feb 20, 2011
now i know im talking to porky pig. dont forget to make extra circles around all the food joints!! Jealous? i think not. if i need anything, i pay for it. need the popo? i think not. unless your asking for trouble. they enjoy getting into your life since they have no life of their own, low lifes!!
Gulfport PD

Boise, ID

#15 Feb 20, 2011
Police are only good for raping people of their hard earned money. They will not help you. They get traffic violators and persons DUI. Its a money racket and nothing more. They are also some of the scum, uneducated, ego-maniac, drop outs, and "I got picked on in school" ass whipes from all around. Bad ass with the badge but I got a few I want to face out of uniform. I will eat them!!
Police: "To Protect themselves and suck their chief" that is the motto. I thought we lived in a democracy.
flaman

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Feb 20, 2011
thanks for the important info on these keystone morons. since im not from the area and beleive me, im not coming there anytime soon. my friend got caught up with a gulfport registered sex offender. they robbed her drivers card and other id cards and was threatened if she didnt do some prostituting for them. she called the popo for help, but was told they had more important things to do. if you been thinking of going for a vaca in gulfport, REMEMBER: DONT GO!!!
flaman

Jacksonville, FL

#17 Feb 20, 2011
Ilovegulfport wrote:
I can tell you are jealous because we are often given 1 through 4 on your version of the answering machine and 99% of us do not need you or anyone to provide someone for us to screw. We get more offers than we care to accept.
Most of us have higher standards than you and prefer not to screw your wife, husband, daughter, etc.
hey porky, next time you get your freebies, really look at the person that made them and think of SPIT. you have no idea of how much of it is sabotaged! remember, we the public know that you only think of us as scum, well, take a little back :)
flaman

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Feb 20, 2011
Deli boy loves his local PD

POLICE: Yea, can i get 2 eggs, bacon, ham, cheese, and ketchup on a roll!!

DELI BOY: Ok, ill get right on it.

POLICE: Hey, can you hurry up, im on patrol??

" deli boy goes in the back"

DELI BOY: Im gonna make that fat bastard a great mushy egg sandwich, here, take this azzhole, gggrrr gggrrr spit, ahhchoo!!!

:deli boy comes back up front"

DELI BOY: Here you go buddy, have a good day!!!!!
Ilovegulfport

Summit, MS

#19 Feb 21, 2011
Flaman,

I sent a post similar to this several hours ago but it didnít show up. I donít know if there will be somewhat of a duplicate appearing or if the original is lost in cyberspace but here goesÖÖ

I have a confession, Iíve been messing with you because you pissed me off by painting a whole department and a lot of cops with a broad brush.

There are a lot of people who donít like me, some because Iím a cop, some donít like me personally and some for both reasons. I still treat everyone professionally and with respect.

Iíve been a cop for over 20 years and I still love serving the public however I am a public servant not an indentured servant.

Unfortunately due to TV, movies and some people who think this is or should be a ďNanny SocietyĒ where the cops can and should clean up all of their messes, real life cops will never live up to their expectations.

When it comes to traffic and tickets they are a necessary part of law enforcement but if I can let someone off with a warning instead of a ticket, I will. Any moron can write a ticket and some cops stop as many vehicles as they can just to exert their authority that the cops themselves seem to be overly impressed with.

I need probable cause to stop people but Iím sorry to say some cops either donít know or donít give a damn what that is. They shouldnít be cops.

The only way that any professional, caring cop could have handled your friendís dilemma was the same way the Gulfport Officer seemed to have done in her situation.

Based on what you wrote most or all of what happened to her may have been avoided had she made better choices.

In her case, most cops could offer her sympathy, a good report and maybe some advice on how to avoid similar situations in the future. Hopefully they also told her that she has approximately a year if she decides to pursue charges.

Even though cops are often expected to and would like to, they canít clean up all the messes people get themselves into. Cops learn early in their careers that you canít protect people from themselves.

It looks like you and a lot of people think that even good cops doing their job are still corrupt, stupid and lazy. There are cops who definitely match that profile but not all of us do.

Even though we might be looked down upon we know that as long as Godís keeping score, thatís all that matters.

Good cops never expect or demand free food and are embarrassed and resent the cops who do.

Concerning the spit, well we are all aware of that and it is more than just a nasty rumor. Of course we donít suspect everyone of spitting in our food but most wise cops donít go through the drive-thru, they go inside where they can see their food being prepared to avoid the special sauce.

Peace to you.
flaman

United States

#20 Feb 23, 2011
Ilovegulfport wrote:
Flaman,
I sent a post similar to this several hours ago but it didnít show up. I donít know if there will be somewhat of a duplicate appearing or if the original is lost in cyberspace but here goesÖÖ
I have a confession, Iíve been messing with you because you pissed me off by painting a whole department and a lot of cops with a broad brush.
There are a lot of people who donít like me, some because Iím a cop, some donít like me personally and some for both reasons. I still treat everyone professionally and with respect.
Iíve been a cop for over 20 years and I still love serving the public however I am a public servant not an indentured servant.
Unfortunately due to TV, movies and some people who think this is or should be a ďNanny SocietyĒ where the cops can and should clean up all of their messes, real life cops will never live up to their expectations.
When it comes to traffic and tickets they are a necessary part of law enforcement but if I can let someone off with a warning instead of a ticket, I will. Any moron can write a ticket and some cops stop as many vehicles as they can just to exert their authority that the cops themselves seem to be overly impressed with.
I need probable cause to stop people but Iím sorry to say some cops either donít know or donít give a damn what that is. They shouldnít be cops.
The only way that any professional, caring cop could have handled your friendís dilemma was the same way the Gulfport Officer seemed to have done in her situation.
Based on what you wrote most or all of what happened to her may have been avoided had she made better choices.
In her case, most cops could offer her sympathy, a good report and maybe some advice on how to avoid similar situations in the future. Hopefully they also told her that she has approximately a year if she decides to pursue charges.
Even though cops are often expected to and would like to, they canít clean up all the messes people get themselves into. Cops learn early in their careers that you canít protect people from themselves.
It looks like you and a lot of people think that even good cops doing their job are still corrupt, stupid and lazy. There are cops who definitely match that profile but not all of us do.
Even though we might be looked down upon we know that as long as Godís keeping score, thatís all that matters.
Good cops never expect or demand free food and are embarrassed and resent the cops who do.
Concerning the spit, well we are all aware of that and it is more than just a nasty rumor. Of course we donít suspect everyone of spitting in our food but most wise cops donít go through the drive-thru, they go inside where they can see their food being prepared to avoid the special sauce.
Peace to you.
thats a great excuse for some of the inbreds, now what about the rest of the napoleons?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gulfport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fear and Loathing at DMR 3 hr Snake Nation 17
Dream Town: Ocean Springs, MS 17 hr Truth shall prevail 1
Ocean Springs Music Forum (Feb '13) Wed Musikologist 7
Spring books of local interest Tue Amy 1
Henderson Point to get new condominium development Tue Amy 1
Massive alligator caught on Pass beach Tue Amy 1
2014 Mardi Gras Parade Schedule for South Missi... Tue ATV 1
Gulfport Dating
Find my Match

Gulfport Jobs