First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Info

Greenwood, MS

#61 Dec 14, 2012
FYI: Observation: Someone has made the DMR investigation articles at the SunHerald disappear
from the SunHerald.com site.
Info

Greenwood, MS

#62 Dec 14, 2012
FYI: Also wiped from 3 major search engines and their cached files. And they say stuff on the internet lasts forever.
watchful eye

Washington, DC

#63 Dec 14, 2012
dont get me wrong but if the sunherald, the source of the articles deletes them why would u think they would show up in the search engines.
Info

Greenwood, MS

#64 Dec 14, 2012
watchful eye wrote:
dont get me wrong but if the sunherald, the source of the articles deletes them why would u think they would show up in the search engines.
At least one deleted article showed up in search engine, and one could read the cache: "This is Google's cache of http://www.sunherald.com/2012/12/08/4348111/d... . It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Dec 11, 2012 08:49:41 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more
Tip: To quickly find your search term on this page, press Ctrl+F or ⌘-F (Mac) and use the find bar."

If I knew how to do it I should, I think, be able to get "snapshots" of the pages as they appeared shortly after publication.

Since: Dec 12

Atlanta, GA

#65 Dec 14, 2012
Can someone please explain to me why the SunHerald removed these articles? Why do articles about the Walkers that show their true colors dissappear always? What about that situation with Baby Walker in DC physically assaulting that girl (who I know and saw the pics of what he did to her)? The articles that made him look bad are all deleted. Same with the DUI. Both of somehow he got out of. I am confused about the press. What is going on here? We need answers!
Info

Greenwood, MS

#66 Dec 14, 2012
I return to my main role as spectator. Information will be sparse, but rumors rife.
OS good ole boy

Duluth, GA

#67 Dec 14, 2012
This is just amazing that they can get away with all of this fraud
Must be nervous

Ocean Springs, MS

#68 Dec 14, 2012
Word is spreading thru the legal and political community that 8 indictments will be forthcoming in January. Feel certain who 4 or 5 are.Who do you think they are? What will they be charged with? Who do you think is at the center of this scam? Walker Sr., Walker Jr.,Harris? What will they be charged with?
Stanley

Ocean Springs, MS

#69 Dec 14, 2012
Now you have me wondering Info. Why would the Sun Herald remove information that is important to the Public and people of this State? Is Al Jones still working down there? He and Walker were buds. Who else down there is Walker's bud??? Hmmm....now I am beginning to wonder just who else is involved in this cover-up. Would control of a newspaper be benficial to a conspiracy? Just talkin' out loud here.... How 'bout it Bull Croaker???
oooo

Ocean Springs, MS

#70 Dec 14, 2012
ossomom wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW so what you're saying is, YADA gave money to DMR for boats?!?!?
I still stand by what I say, NOTHING will happen to these people. Sad, infuriating and unjust, but that's small town politics.
but this not small town politics money. The people who they are doing this deal with are not fling out taxes for small town taxes exempt , if you want it small town you do not use FEDERAL TAX DOLLARS GRANT DOLLARS ,asking NON-profit FEDERAL TAX GRANTS
OS good ole boy

Ocean Springs, MS

#71 Dec 15, 2012
Still waiting on someone to report on the work that baby Walker did in the city of D'Iberville for 200 k and deposited the check into Baby Walkers account and a city officials account where they had a joint account
Gulf

Moss Point, MS

#72 Dec 17, 2012
Mallard1979 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why the SunHerald removed these articles? Why do articles about the Walkers that show their true colors dissappear always? What about that situation with Baby Walker in DC physically assaulting that girl (who I know and saw the pics of what he did to her)? The articles that made him look bad are all deleted. Same with the DUI. Both of somehow he got out of. I am confused about the press. What is going on here? We need answers!
I'm just throwing out speculation but he's probably getting his lawyers to threaten libel or slander lawsuits against the company if they print innuendo. That's the thing about newspapers -- they're not like internet forums, you can't just talk freely. You print something -- your ass can be sued.

If I remember his attorney is Adam Miller. I've met Mr. Miller & he's a very talented lawyer. He will sue if they make slanderous comments. Without an indictment to back up the accusations -- in pure legal jargon - these accusations are "hearsay" or potential grounds for libel until they can get solid "proof" to back up the story.

I know its stupid to use this but as an example -- if they printed a story accusing any of us of a crime -- we could then sue if they had no evidence to back it up.
Gulf

Moss Point, MS

#73 Dec 17, 2012
OS good ole boy wrote:
Still waiting on someone to report on the work that baby Walker did in the city of D'Iberville for 200 k and deposited the check into Baby Walkers account and a city officials account where they had a joint account
Its the same way like in Pascagoula where their mayor gets kickbacks & Moran & some of the aldermen in Ocean Springs get the same from those garbage contractors.

Of course, its all borderline legal & in a grey area but to you & me on the street -- its 'naked' & e know what it is -- corruption.

They all get kickbacks from various parties & then "consultant" jobs where they get paid a huge fee for some bs work that usually means that they merely hooked up the city council with the right people and then cover it up to make it look like 'a business transaction' when its really not.
Roberta Sparrow

Ocean Springs, MS

#74 Dec 18, 2012
Here's the link:

http://www.sunherald.com/2012/12/08/4348111/d...

Now what I want to know is why hasn't anyone been fired? We have Shumate buying her parents' property with CIAP money when it says right in the grant it should not be used for family. Why hasn't Walker canned her ass? As for Walker, the fact that the story shows he got money in that bogus "foundation" which by law should have gone to the state, isn't that enough? He stole state money! What I wish Ms. Nelson would report on is the side contracts where everyone hired their family 'n friends, including Joe Ziegler's wife, Tina Shumate's brother and her cousin, and Denyer (OS Alderman) and his daughter. Why? You can't trust any of those people, ever again, and Mr. Guice needs to know who is good and who is evil at the DMR.
O S DOG

Ocean Springs, MS

#75 Dec 18, 2012
I predict no one will get fired or resign until the demand letters from the State or the target letters from the FBI/Justice Dept. arrive.Then there will be a rush to cut the best deal by the recipients.Once the damn breaks the facts will start to emerge.One will be played against the other,son will testify against father and mother will testify against daughter.I am sure in the end the DMR Commisssioners who met behind closed doors today to discuss "WHAT IN THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO DO" strategy will have some liability.I would like to know how many trips they took on the 25 year old boats that were leased with inoperable engines the TAXPAYERS paid over 1.4 million dollars to refurbish.What a mess we have!!
Stanley

Ocean Springs, MS

#76 Dec 19, 2012
I have to say, that finally, the Sun Herald is on top of things in this investigation. Don't know what happened, but they have been vigilant in trying to keep the paper updated with the information available on this case. Thank you Sun Herald for supporting your coast residents and keeping us all informed. Please keep this alive and in the news until justice is served to them all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gulfport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No; Karen Nelson is a TERRIBLE excuse for a rep... 53 min Ocean Springs Re... 7
MNL Truck Sales (Aug '11) Sat just wondering 39
News Biloxi's A.J. Holloway is coast's highest paid ... (Sep '14) Sat R Ramsey 11
News Ocean Springs public works director suspended Sat TAXPAYER TOO 2
News Spring break college students help spruce up th... Mar 25 Carlos 1
News Bay councilman airs grievances with city at boa... Mar 25 bay watcher 3
News Three arrested in Bay St. Louis for making expl... Mar 25 victim 1
Gulfport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gulfport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]