Gulfport Police officer charged with ...

Gulfport Police officer charged with Felony Child Abuse

There are 3 comments on the WLOX story from May 6, 2011, titled Gulfport Police officer charged with Felony Child Abuse. In it, WLOX reports that:

A Gulfport Police officer and his girlfriend were arrested Thursday and charged with Felony Child Abuse involving the woman's two-year-old child.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLOX.

Mike

Rochester, NY

#1 May 6, 2011
As a Mississippi officer myself, im deeply disturbed by this. As the deputy chief stated, we work very hard at building a trust in our community and now that trust is tainted. Society in general thinks that we as law enforcement are ''out to get them.'' But, the number one reason we do what we do, is to serve and protect our community. To build a rapport with them. Look, we are called every name in the book, on a daily basis! Im just disturbed that now, they are going to throw child abuser into that list of names.
Renee

Gulfport, MS

#2 May 6, 2011
Mike. Fear not. The only people who will call you names are the ones who break the laws. The law abiding citizens are not that shallow. We still believe that most of you are good guys. But, it is you who will have to weed out the bad ones, and we respect you for that.
Remy

United States

#3 May 7, 2011
Let's not be quicker to judge. We do not know the facts of the case other than the fact that allegations have been brought against the officer AND his girlfriend. We don't know the extent of the child's injuries nor do we know what and how the child was injured.

I think it is premature to jump to conclusions and make this officer out to be a monster. I for one will wait and see how all of this turns out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gulfport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pro public education PAC formed by parents stat... Thu Something to Do 1
MNL Truck Sales (Aug '11) Jul 25 The one 57
News New PAC wants louder public education voice in ... Jul 23 Discipline 5
News Two local men murdered Jul 19 YourBrother 1
job fair Jul 18 new 1
Opiates (Nov '13) Jul 15 ode580 12
News Teenagers lead 'All Lives Matter' protest in Bi... Jul 12 Pammccleave 1

Gulfport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance