Gulfport woman now faces murder charge in stabbing

May 7, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WLOX-TV Biloxi

Authorities say the charge pending against Andrea Diane McKay has been upgraded to murder following the death of a man she is accused of stabbing. via WLOX-TV Biloxi

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Sep 27, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bernie Williams

United States

#1 Jul 17, 2008
Andrea Mckay, killed my son . all I want to know why? Why take someone life into your own hands when what ever he did God, is going to punish him for that. Now she has no life and she ended the life of her children father. they have no dad or mom. Now what?
Miss Lovelife

Nederland, TX

#2 Jan 11, 2009
I spent time with Andrea McKay in Gulfport while serving time on misdeameanor traffic tickets. She is a sweet, warm and caring person. After hearing her story of what REALLY HAPPENED, she deserves a fair shot. She was DEFENDING HERSELF AND HER DAUGHTER from someone who (over the years) was violent towards her. It is evident she did not INTENTIONALLY take this man's life. He was even on LIFE SUPPORT for 10 days AFTER THE ACCIDENT and was Not BRAindead. (meaning he possibly had a another chance at life) BUT.......BUT, The MOTHER is the one wanting to pull the plug..I dont want to go into detail, but I truly believe Andrea McKay needs PROPER REPRESENTATION. She truly LOVES HER CHILDREN. She loved this man, despite what happened..but any woman would DEFEND THEIR CHILD if someone is treating them unfairly and highly intoxicated. No one deserves to die, but her LIFE does not need to be taken away...her kids need her....I pray she gets proper representation..She is NOT AN ANIMAL, but a human being WITH A LOVING AND CARING SPIRIT. SHE IS DEFINATELY IN MY PRAYERS.
MissingMOMMY

Wilmer, AL

#3 Jan 30, 2009
WELL ANDREA MCKAY IS MY MOTHER AND I LOVE HER SO SO MUCH I HATE WHAT HAPPENED I REALLY DO BUT ALL SHE WAS DOING WAS DEFENDING US MY MAMMA INTENTIONS WAS NOT TO KILL HIM AND ANYBODY THAT KNOWS MY MOM KNOWS THAT I REALLY HOPE THEY GIVE HER A CHANCE AND LISTEN TO WHAT SHE HAS TO SAY AND REALLY! UNDERSTAND WHERE SHE IS COMING FROM I MEAN SHE IS A MOTHER THAT REALLY LOVES HER CHILDREN AND WILL NOT ALLOW ANYTHING TO HAPPEN TO THEM AND WILL DO WHAT SHE HAVE TO DO TO PROTECT HER CHILDREN LIKE ANY OTHER MOTHER WOULD IM A MOTHER NOW MY CHILD WAS BORN DEC.29 AND I LOVE HIM SO MUCH SO NOW I KNOW HOW MY MOM FELT THAT NIGHT SHE WAS ONLY DEFENDING HER CHILD. AND YES ITS REALLY HARD RIGHT NOW BEING WITHOUT HER BUT I KNOW GOD IS WATCHING AND IAM PRAYING THAT MY MOM GETS TO COME HOME CAUSE SHE DOES NOT BELONG IN A PLACE LIKE THAT AND ITS KILLING ME! CAUSE I NEED HER RIGHT NOW MORE THAN EVER! AND IM TIRED OF PEOPLE MAKIN IT SEEM LIKE SHE IS THE BAD PERSON CAUSE SHE ISNT. BUT WHO EVER READS THIS JUST KEEP MY MAMMA IN YOUR PRAYERS THANK YOU, INEKIA JOHNSON
blessed daily

Spartanburg, SC

#4 Mar 15, 2009
as a family member on the outside of that jail and her case you need to really search for a good attorney/womens rights org. to help your mother, in the state of missisiippi she is not going to be seen as a victim, which it seems she was, so please get online and find her some help, so she will not spend the rest of her life in prison!
Gelisa mckay

Pocatello, ID

#5 Jun 7, 2009
As growing up as children as the older sister of
ANDREA,I would desribe her as warm caring and patient,A ONE who was always there when you needed
her,IF SHE HAD nothing good to say she said nothing at all she was never judgemental but has always been a person you could run to and find shelter of confort for your spirit.That's why I
KNOW THAT the MIGHTY HAND OF GOD is going to see
her though.NOT because of who she is but because
of who's she is. WE WILL BE STILL AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD...Acording to MATTHEW 5;7 says BLESSED
ARE the merciful,for they shall recieve mercy.
to the public please know that this woman is geniune and has a heart of gold. She don't deserve
to be classified as one who set out to murder anyone. PLEASE keep us ANDREA and the MCKAY family in prayer

THANKS. GELISA MCKAY
Bernie

Brandon, MS

#6 Nov 29, 2009
All of your comments are correct: also what has taken place has taken place: my son is nolonger alive, but on the other hand Andres Diane Mckay is still alive, she is blessed that she did not get the death sentence.All of you should be thankful.One thing I do know about God He will not put more on you than you can bear.Yes my heart hurts I miss my son more than any of you know,I can never see my child again.I only know my child should not have died, the way that he did. He never killed any one. I do not believe he harm anyone,he had a caring heart and a loving spirit.
Donald Weathersby

United States

#7 Dec 12, 2009
As we all know there is two sides to every story. My brother is not here to tell his side; but I will tell what I know. Andre maybe what you all say she is, but behind close doors who do you really know? The same goes for my brother. I can say for a person to walk accross the street two times and then kill someone else that sounds like a different person to me. NO self control of herself. They took a trip to New Orleans for Marti-Gra and she started something with him just as she did when she killed him. She caring about anyone but herself then because she stabbed him in front of their son. He loved those kids just as she that is why he moved back to Gulfport,Ms..
diberville ms

Columbus, MS

#8 Dec 15, 2009
Bernie Williams wrote:
Andrea Mckay, killed my son . all I want to know why? Why take someone life into your own hands when what ever he did God, is going to punish him for that. Now she has no life and she ended the life of her children father. they have no dad or mom. Now what?
Lady you are clueless and obviously your just thinking about your SON whos was abusive to your daughter-n-law and your grandchildren! i wouldve done the same thing, my kids come first and if they are in danger i will DO ANYTHING to keep them safe> and GOD will not punish him i do not believe in a heaven or hell so YOUR SON GOT WHAT HE DESERVED!!!!
rod tyler

United States

#9 Dec 17, 2009
ive known cookie since she was a child if she did anything to anybody it was in self defense who raised that man to abuse a woman? now you mourn...when all this could have been avoided!.........cookie i pray for your freedom..THE GOD will free you---bless you & your family rod
gulfport

Gulfport, MS

#10 Jan 2, 2010
You are right there is always two sides to a story and we shouldn't start tellin theirs. Since you have shared one i will share one. One night when she was about six months pregnant with her daughter he was beating her so bad he had to get pulled off of her. Yes he was literally standing over her while she was on the ground beating her and she took him back. They have a long history and i am sure that they have plenty of stories,i know lots of them and it doesnt help to talk back an forth about them whats done is done. Yes it is sad for everyone.I pray that the children are taken care of an they are able to get through this whole thing.
Donald Weathersby wrote:
As we all know there is two sides to every story. My brother is not here to tell his side; but I will tell what I know. Andre maybe what you all say she is, but behind close doors who do you really know? The same goes for my brother. I can say for a person to walk accross the street two times and then kill someone else that sounds like a different person to me. NO self control of herself. They took a trip to New Orleans for Marti-Gra and she started something with him just as she did when she killed him. She caring about anyone but herself then because she stabbed him in front of their son. He loved those kids just as she that is why he moved back to Gulfport,Ms..

Since: Mar 09

Bay St Louis, MS

#11 Jan 4, 2010
This is a tragedy any way you look at it, but I would like to ask Bernie and Donald, what were you doing to stop this man from beating his wife or girlfriend which ever the case may be. You are right to say no one should be dead, but you have to ask yourselves, what is it that you could have done to help both of them,and maybe prevent something like this from happening...I find it hard to believe that you people didn't know he was beating this woman...And to her family sale dinners, have a bake sale do whatever you have to to get her a Good Lawyer, because she is going to need the best!!!Make sure you get witness statements, police and hospital records if they exsist, and GOD BLESS Yall!!!!
ex harrison co inmate

Mount Gilead, OH

#12 Jan 6, 2010
I recently did a month in Harrison County with cookie and I was there when she went to court and got her life sentance. When she came back and was told she got life EVERYONE cried! EVERYONE even the hardest women in there! She is a GREAT women and she does not deserve to do life. My prayers go out to Vincents family also. I do believe in protecting my child no matter what. I do think cookie could of went about it another way but it was not a plan it just happened the way it did and she hurts everyday in there and not because she is in jail but because of what is happening to her life and eveyone that is involved (family/friends). I pray for a reconcideration for cookie!
gannysgurl

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Mar 24, 2010
i knew and loved cookie and vincent.. She definately does not deserve to be in jail. We all know this was an abusive relationship which is why she lived across the street and not with him in the first place. She has 3 very special well raised children that are suffering at the loss of both their parents. if she had meant to do it, i would say let her sit there, friend or no friend, but she didnt mean to kill him and i know vincent would want her with the children. And, to vincents family, I am truely sorry at your loss but keep it real, no matter what or who started anything, he is a man and way bigger than cookie, he should have been taught to act as such. Stop placing blame and just know as you said earlier God dont put nothing in your path that you can't overcome.. Those kids didn't deserve to lose their father the way they did cause he truely did love them BUT at least they never have to see their momma or themselves abused...
gulfport2 florida nback

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Mar 24, 2010
All I know is what I have been thru myself. In a domestic violence situation there is NO PLACE where one feels safe. I have no children, cant ever have any, but if a man put his hands on me with a child present, or on a child, HE would be dead 20 times over. NO questions asked. An eye for an eye. Domestic violence changes they way a woman thinks. She begins to thinbk like a prey animal, not a "reasonable" person. Instinct to survive takes over... thats all SURVIVAL AT ANY COST> Believe me, I know!!! Let her go!!
FAMILY

Gulfport, MS

#15 Apr 4, 2010
i would just like to say to anyone who truly knew andrea diane mckay u would truly kbnow that she is a woman whi deserves to be free because GOD knows that this man was truly abusesive and i would just like to say that any man who beat a child in front of a mother is truly heartless!Well this is exactly what vincent did oneday in front of andreas mother he literally beat andrea unconscious in front of her own mother.Andrea mother begged vincent to please get off of her daughter but her turned and gave her a cold heartless look i would like to ask the judge how would she simply jugde this sanario...
sam

Moss Point, MS

#16 Apr 23, 2010
If you kill some one, your life should be taken also this is the reason the jails are over crowed today. Why should the state feed these people. thank you.
did time with cookie

Ocean Springs, MS

#17 Jan 18, 2011
I did a long time with COOKIE in harrison county and i just want to say that in a domestic violence situation.....the last one standing is not always the GUILITY....I know COOKIE very well because for months on end we spent 24hrs a day together and i cannot see this person whom i did spend all this time with...just one day out of her life being a cold blooded murderer...Yes it is a very sad situation that occured and a man lost his life....his family has my deepest sympathies...however, the most dangerous weapon in the world is a scared mother protecting her children....If you went to harm a cub and the mother bear killed you....she is not quilty of murder and should not spend the rest of her life confined...Cookies children need her and she needs them...she defended her daughter to the death as i believe any mother would...if she didn't she would have been charged with CHILD NEGLECT or sumthing...to know of an injustice and not speak out is unforgiveable....the ladies in jail that had to hold COOKIE up the day she came back from court knowing she would never be a FREE WOMAN again are speaking out at this time. THANK GOD for APPEALS.....To Cookies family we are praying for you and you need to set up fundraisers or some sort of defense fund and APPEAL APPEAL APPEAL>...She has alot of support it can work....
Cookie oldest daugter

Canton, MS

#18 Mar 12, 2011
Thanks for all the love and support. My mom is doing good she is not in the best place but she is ok and she will be home.soon keep praying
iesha

Gulfport, MS

#19 Nov 29, 2011
thanks all yall comments r great my mommy is doing great my granny and uncle bernie and donald both know wat happen dat night so back off hterz
isaiah

Brandon, MS

#20 May 30, 2012
I wanna know how yall talking bad about my momma but wasn't there to even know what happened. The only people that was there was me and my oldest sister nd she wasn't even there from the beginning like I was. And from What I saw both, my momma and my dad was in the wrong. So um yea,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gulfport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Justin Mitchell/Sun Herald BB's Barbeque and Sn... 8 hr Tracey 1
Jones Park in Gulfport becoming one popular place Thu Harry 1
New harbormaster for Ocean Springs? Thu O S BOB 22
Bay St. Louis residents brace for tax hike Thu downsouth 4
Amber Campton (Feb '13) Wed Bawling 14
Lori Cater for Mayor? Aug 26 Psycamore Waste 13
Review: Dixie Devil Tattoo (Jan '10) Aug 26 His boi 79
•••
•••
•••