Danny Allen Westbrook murder case

Posted in the Gulfport Forum

Jennifer Capizola

AOL

#1 Feb 14, 2007
Can anyone tell me why it takes so long for a Grand Jury to get involved with a capital murder case. My stepfather was killed in Gulfport by Danny Allen Westbrook. Why has there been no coverage about this case? I do not want Wayne to just be another statistic.
Tesha

Hopkins, MN

#2 Jul 14, 2007
Just like any other court case, there needs to be sufficient evidence to prove there is a case against the perp for a grand jury to get involved, as you said, in a case. If there is no real evidence... there is nothing they can do.
M-Newport

United States

#3 Aug 8, 2007
Jennifer Capizola wrote:
Can anyone tell me why it takes so long for a Grand Jury to get involved with a capital murder case. My stepfather was killed in Gulfport by Danny Allen Westbrook. Why has there been no coverage about this case? I do not want Wayne to just be another statistic.
Jennifer. My name is Officer M. Newport. I want you to have the peace of mind to know that I am the arresting Officer in your Step-Father's case. Today is August 8th 2007 and I and several other witnesses to the crime against Wayne testified in court today. I want you to know that we recieved a unanimous jury decision that Danny Allen Westbrook was found Guilty and is sentenced to life. I am sorry for your loss and I hope that this brings some closure to you and your family. I no longer work for the Gulfport Police Department however I can be reached at mnewport@sugarlandtx.gov. Again my prayers go out to you and your family
M-Newport

United States

#4 Aug 8, 2007
Jennifer, My name is Officer M.Newport formerly of the Gulfport Police Department. I was the arresting Officer in your Step-Father's murder. I want you to know that today August 8th 2007, Myself, and several witnesses testified in court today in behalf of Wayne. The jury Found Danny Westbrook Guilty of Murder and sentenced him to life in prison. I am no longer with the Gulfport Police Dept however I can be reached at mnewport@sugarlandtx.gov. I hope this brings a sence of closure to you and your family. I'm sorry for your loss and my thoughts and prayers go out you

Since: Apr 07

AOL

#5 Aug 9, 2007
jennifer, my heart goes out to you about your loss.I myself lost a dear friend on christmas eve at club 49 in saucier. He was "supposedly" hit from behind in the back of the head. We are still waiting for things to progress hoping it will go to the grand jury after the first of the year.I know that sometimes you wonder if anybody even remembers the victim. I guess it really is a waiting game.Once again I am sorry for your loss. shirley lord,saucier,ms
Jackie Roland

United States

#6 Sep 13, 2007
I,am a Sister Of Danny Westbrook And You Are All For The Other Family ,But i Have not Heard Any News About My Brother .I Dont Live In Gulfport .I Live In Myrtle,MS which Is 340 Miles From There. Does Anyone Know If He Can Get Parole ? Don't Judge Me Because Of What He Did.I'm Trying To Raise Two Grandchildren Without My Daughter's Help. I'am Sorry For Her Loss But Now I Don't Have A brother. Jackie Roland,Myrtle,MS

Since: Sep 07

United States

#7 Sep 13, 2007
DANNY WESTBROOK IS MY BROTHER.MY NAME IS JACKIE ROLAND AND I LIVE IN MYRTLE,MS. I'AM SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOSS. DANNY TOLD ME THAT IT WAS SELF-DEFENSE , BUT I GUESS IT WAS NOT.I CANT FIND OUT ANYTHING EITHER ABOUT HIM ,SO WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT EXCEPT YOU STEP-FATHER IS DEAD.DANNY JUST LIED TO ME AND I'AM SORRY. SINCERELY,JACKIE ROLAND
Jennifer Capizola

Bear, DE

#8 Sep 28, 2007
Danny lied to you. It was not self defense. My stepfather Wayne went to the bar that Danny worked at. He left. When he came back, your brother killed him. He walked maybe 10 feet from his car and your brother hit him in the head 3 times with a baseball bat. My stepfather Wayne did nothing to him. Yes he is eligible for parole when he is 65 and believe me my famiy will be a the parole hearing. Thank you for your apology.
Jennifer Capizola

Bear, DE

#9 Sep 28, 2007
Officer Newport, thank you for your comments. They are greatly appreciated.
Jennifer Capizola

Bear, DE

#10 Sep 28, 2007
Jackie Roland wrote:
I,am a Sister Of Danny Westbrook And You Are All For The Other Family ,But i Have not Heard Any News About My Brother .I Dont Live In Gulfport .I Live In Myrtle,MS which Is 340 Miles From There. Does Anyone Know If He Can Get Parole ? Don't Judge Me Because Of What He Did.I'm Trying To Raise Two Grandchildren Without My Daughter's Help. I'am Sorry For Her Loss But Now I Don't Have A brother. Jackie Roland,Myrtle,MS
Wayne had four children and six grandchildren. He is no longer here to see them. My children loved him and I have had to explain to them that they will no longer see him because your brother killed him.
what is wrong

Twin Falls, ID

#11 Jun 30, 2008
now they are beating teen kids at club 49 the bartenders boy friend is stalking teen age kids and beating them ,when are we going to do something
Jennifer stevens

Pass Christian, MS

#12 Aug 15, 2012
This is like really old,But danny was my father and im so sorry that he did what he did,Im really pissed at him,Not only did he take someone elses life but he took his own and mine away from me,Like i said im really sorry.
Jennifer stevens

Pass Christian, MS

#13 Aug 15, 2012
Just like my aunt said,Please dont judge this!
Deborah Sharpe

Danville, WV

#14 Sep 12, 2014
Jennifer stevens wrote:
This is like really old,But danny was my father and devastatedo sorry that he did what he did,Im really pissed at him,Not only did he take someone elses life but he took his own and mine away from me,Like i said im really sorry.
I'm sorry that you lost your father. Didn't know he had any children.i have been devastated by the loss of my husband Wayne. It was a senseless murder. None of us will never be the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gulfport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bay St. Louis residents brace for tax hike 4 hr Concerned 15
Singing River Health employees ask for Jackson ... Nov 18 Godzilla 3
Battle of the Bay: Bay Middle time travels to t... Nov 12 awesome 1
Scott Walker asks for 120 day delay before repo... Nov 12 Count Down to Loc... 12
Is Karen Nelson a good reporter? Nov 11 Sammy 26
scammers Nov 10 FTmommy 2
Scott Walker:Is he really broke? Nov 10 KE Schmoens 12
Gulfport Dating
Find my Match

Gulfport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Gulfport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gulfport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News