Vancleave, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Dave H wrote:
<quoted text> I am a dealer consultant for the area of Mississippi. I have had many dealings with Holmes Motors. The program that they offer only helps people that cannot buy anywhere else because of bad credit. They did not steal your car. The rules are simple. You put a down payment, make your payments and keep insurance on the vehicle. Just like any other car dealer in the world. My guess is that you did not pay, or your insurance expired. They take the car because you did not do these simple things. I know they leave messages tellng you to come get your things and you do have the option to get your car back. If you do not get it or pay within 30 days they put it back on the lot. I have 50 dealers that I deal with and I promise you that Holmes motors is the only one that is helping people with bad or no credit. Trust me there are alot of happy customers that deal with them, oh yea those are the 4000 people still driving around with www.holmesmotors on the back of their cars. Yes, these are the people that pay their bills and keep up with their insurance.
Dont believe these people painting such a rosey picture. Holmes motors has had questionable dealings for decades. Responsable for getting young Airmen upside down on autos at their old Pass Rd location, I believe they were once placed off limits to Keesler personel. Then they were caught rolling back odometers which they denied and came up with some story about the car. If you wanna do business with a car dealer on the Coast then stick with the many reputable one's on the Coast. Avoid this one!
malaysia

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Do NOT , I repeat , DO NOT buy a car frm homles motors !!!! Their cars are trash ! They dnt fix anything n I dnt kno anybody who had they car longer then 8 or 9 months .
Gulf

Pascagoula, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>Dont believe these people painting such a rosey picture. Holmes motors has had questionable dealings for decades. Responsable for getting young Airmen upside down on autos at their old Pass Rd location, I believe they were once placed off limits to Keesler personel. Then they were caught rolling back odometers which they denied and came up with some story about the car. If you wanna do business with a car dealer on the Coast then stick with the many reputable one's on the Coast. Avoid this one!
I've heard that too -- that Keesler & Navy Seabee people are banned from doing business with them. Is that true?

I've also heard enough bad stuff about them to never want to do business with them. I've heard that both from ppl on here & also from ppl I know in D'Iberville.

Is that true? I have no idea. But the reputation or rumors are enough to make me avoid them.
Rachel

Mandeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Holmes motors runs an unprofessional business. I did not and will never purchase a vehicle from them. Please see my complaint with the Better Business Bureau. If you are a non Mississippi resident and was forced or encouraged to register your vehicle in Mississippi contact the BBB.
Management

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Rachel wrote:
Holmes motors runs an unprofessional business. I did not and will never purchase a vehicle from them. Please see my complaint with the Better Business Bureau. If you are a non Mississippi resident and was forced or encouraged to register your vehicle in Mississippi contact the BBB.
Rachel
What are you doing? The Holmes motors integrity plan is solid! Our company is solid. We have a professional hard working straight team. The products we sell have all been through a detailed che k in. The financial program is better than anything you will find. In no way do we attempt to rip anyone off....mislead....or take advantage of people. If you or anyone reading this feels that way then pi k ip the phone and call management. We want to know! We responded to your better business bureau complaint. You have not been harmed in any way. Unfortunately you dealt with a new employee and it didn't go as it should have. Either way you were offered a great opportunity to buy whatever you wanted without paying too much. It didn't work out. You feel it necessary to spend your time visiting websites slandering a company without real merit?
theyre a rip off

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Holmes motors, do not waste your time on that car lot! They are crooks! Interest rate is not 7.9% and my car had problems after only 2 weeks!!!!! Don't go!!!!!
Jennifer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Holmes is just another junk yard!!!!!
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

I will be filing many complaints towards this business. Bbb will hear from me first. I should not have to explain to a salesman why my car isn't driving correctly, I'm not the mechanic. I've had this car for two weeks & it has been one problem after another. The sales manager shows no concern. Horrible customer service & the vehicles aren't worth a dime!
Jeremy

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

I bought a vehiclefrom holmes motors. I was sitting in my house one day and walked outside my car was GONE. I had no bills due or anyrhing.... called them and they had the car saying I never paid a downpayment. Wth? I paid a 1500 downpayment and told them I HAVE THE RECIEPT. They said it wasn't programmed into their computer. These are the biggest scammers ever.... If their is an attorney out there willing to file this suite. I would be more than happy to pay! George and Ban.are these scammers names. And their very rude!
Management

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Jeremy wrote:
I bought a vehiclefrom holmes motors. I was sitting in my house one day and walked outside my car was GONE. I had no bills due or anyrhing.... called them and they had the car saying I never paid a downpayment. Wth? I paid a 1500 downpayment and told them I HAVE THE RECIEPT. They said it wasn't programmed into their computer. These are the biggest scammers ever.... If their is an attorney out there willing to file this suite. I would be more than happy to pay! George and Ban.are these scammers names. And their very rude!
This is not a true story at all!! Mgt
Thinking

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

I had planned on heading down there in the next few days. My grandmother bought her car there a few years ago and has had no problems at all. I just know that you can't please everybody and no matter how hard you try someone is going to get mad. It's a business and that's what they are there for. To make money. Welcome to retail
Gulf

Gautier, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

I've never bought a car from them but I've heard I'd say 80% bad, 20% good about them. I applied for a job there once, didn't get it but the ppl seemed nice enough.

I guess maybe they're killing their own rep w/the repo tactics?

I noticed the spare lot to their south they used to use is now empty. Wonder if they'll go out of business soon.
just needing a car

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

I was going to look at cars at this lot but after hearing my friend tell me they wanted 10,500$ for an 02 and 15,000 for an 05 they will NEVER get my business. They must be out their damn minds.
dodged a bullet

Pascagoula, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Hello Holmes Motors management and lurkers,
I would just like to say that I was considering doing business with you guys but after reading 93 pages of complaints I will have to take my business elsewhere. I find it laughable that you think that it is "good business" to get onto these review sites to defend yourselves. No professioal organization coducts themselves this way!
jason

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

I guess ur brother should have paid his bill and made sure his insurance was up to date. And when the company who owned the vehicle takes it back its not stealing its called repossession. The police don't let people steal cars and then sell them again.
employee

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

I work at holmesmotors as a tech and all I do is repair cars the our wonderfull customers destroy and then don't pay for. You people break them and leave us high and dry with the bill. Our vehicles are sold as is just like every other used car lot.
Almost Screwed

Vancleave, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

These people (the people that work there)can say what they want trying to make this place look good but take it from someone that they TRIED to screw - stay away!! The manager (George) needs to learn how to treat people! PERIOD! He is a joke! Yeah maybe they have 1 out of 10 cars that are OK but the other 9 are JUNK! All they care about is getting your $$$ and will feed you a line of crap! So after reading all the BAD reviews and you still decide to trust this place - shame on you!
I'm not sure how they sleep at night!!!
Total rip off

Starkville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

I recently bought a vehicle from these guys an after 24 hours the radio stops working, four days later after trying to get an inspection sticker I find I can't get one because the tint on the windows is illegal in MS and now after having the vehicle four a total of 8 days, guess who needs a new battery!! And when you call to see if there is anything that can be done, they brush you off with a rude "not my problem!"
Still looking

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

I was planning on doing business with them but after reading all of these posts, I will do my business somewhere else. Smh. Too many complaints.
Management

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Still looking wrote:
I was planning on doing business with them but after reading all of these posts, I will do my business somewhere else. Smh. Too many complaints.
Most of these complaints are made up from our competition. If not they are really old when there was completely different management. There are thousands of very happy customers in the Holmes motors family. Generations... Families... Out of towers have been buying here from years and continue to buy here as well as send their friends. If you elect to go elsewhere from reading the misinformation on this site then you've made a poor decision.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Gulfport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Gulfport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••