Cj Wells

United States

#65 Apr 29, 2012
PLEASE DONT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE ITS A RIPOFF!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT THE PROGRAM IS MADE TO GET YOUR MONEY AND THEY GET THE CAR BACK AND OR UR WILL PAY 500+ WHAT EVER THE CAUSE WAS. INSURANCE WILL GET UR CAR TAKEN AND THESE PEOPLE DONT CARE WHAT TYPE OF BIND THAT THEY PUT U IN THE JUST WANT THE CAR AND WANT TO RE SELL IT IS THE PLAN!!!!!!!!!! AND OF COURSE U LOSE ALL THE MONEY U PUT INTO THE CAR........U DO BETTER OFF GOING TO A BUY HERE PAY HERE THAT IS NOT GOING TO LEASE THE CAR TO U ON THE SLICK SIDE. POSING TO BE A BANK. WITH A NOTE THAT COME DUE EVERY 2 WEEKS PAYING 200 DOLLARS. AND UR PAY OFF NEVER CHANGES AND AFTER THE YEARS OF PAYING U STILL OWE WHAT THE CAR IS WORTH!!!!!!!!!! A FUCKING RIPOFF........ PEOPLE PLEASE DONT THROW UR MONEY AWAY I DONT KNOW WHERE TO SEND YOU TO BUT PLEASE DONT GO THERE
Young lady

United States

#66 May 5, 2012
This place is crap.I bought this car and a week.later had all kinds of problems. I took it back to have them.look at it and they don't care
ANYTHING to make a sale crying shame. Don't fool with them
janie

United States

#67 May 9, 2012
People all along the gulf coast, please beware, that this place is soooo full of it, but I got a good trick for them too. Ha!
Lea crosby

Canton, MS

#68 May 28, 2012
I have a car I got from holmes in feb. I love love my car!! The people at holmes motors did just what they promised!! I will continue to pay on it and will go back for another one!!! They havw a great selection and great cars!!!
whaths

Glade Spring, VA

#69 Jul 8, 2012
There is the Better Business Bureau for dealings such as what yu people have written..the rip off artists have an issue with the federal lending rules, i learned the hard way, if yu want to rebuild a car, go to the junk yard or an auction, that is where these used cars come from in the first place.
It's sad that people would be this dishonest, and to rip off poor working class people who have to depend on an automobile to get to work to care for their families..the federal government sure would love to get their cut of the wealthy man's pocket.
MGT

New Orleans, LA

#70 Jul 9, 2012
whaths wrote:
There is the Better Business Bureau for dealings such as what yu people have written..the rip off artists have an issue with the federal lending rules, i learned the hard way, if yu want to rebuild a car, go to the junk yard or an auction, that is where these used cars come from in the first place.
It's sad that people would be this dishonest, and to rip off poor working class people who have to depend on an automobile to get to work to care for their families..the federal government sure would love to get their cut of the wealthy man's pocket.
You are correct, the Better Business Burea is a great venue to submit complaints. You will see that we are A rated with the Better Business Bureau. If someone were to really study our deal, and offerings at Holmes Motors you will see that it's a wonderful program designed for the working class. There are thousands of happy customers that have come for multiple vehicles and family members having vehicles in our program. There is nothing underhanded, or shady, or rip off going on in our program. Our program is very clear and we do exactly what we say we're going to do from the beginning. If you don't pay your bill or keep your insurance then yes, we will repossess the vehicle and charge a fee to get it back. We're not hiding anything, it's out in the open. What's wrong with that... if a vehicle is wrecked with no insurance then what....we lose along with many other people involved. Also, we don't report to any bureau's about a repossession. We're not here to hurt anyone. At any time you can walk away from the vehicle with no harm to your credit and free of the debt. All the people that comment on this rip off report is typically a person that couldn't pay their bills or keep their insurance. We only did exactly what we said we were going to do. If the customer would do the same then they wouldn't have these issues. We work very hard to make sure our program is executed with precision and our vehicles are in great shape when they leave the dealership. We're not perfect but we work hard to be as close as possible and we do take good care of our customers.
Timothy Moore

Sioux City, IA

#71 Jul 14, 2012
Please do not buy from these crooks. I am new in the army and didn't realize that Holmes motors were blackballed for the exact same reason I'm now suffering from. I bought a supposedly certified pre-owned vehicle a couple months back which only had 25,000 miles on it. Come to find out the previous owner was a good friend of mine and stated that the car had previously been wrecked and he never reported it. He stated that it originally had 250,000 miles on it which he himself had not changed and showed mechanic work papers matching my vin!!!! So I purchased a "Certified Pre-Owned vehicle with 25,000 miles" just to find out months later that it had been wrecked and the miles had been rolled back at least 225,000 miles! I contacted Holmes motors about this and spike with a Dustand and he explained that there was nothing he could do and the only thing I could do us bring the car back, terminate my contract and spend another 3500 dollars as a down payment to get I to a similar car these guys are nothing but crooks and ripoffs please don't do business with them.

BUYER BEWARE

Sincerely,
Timothy Moore
just the facts

Ocean Springs, MS

#72 Aug 8, 2012

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#73 Aug 9, 2012
As reputable as Cal Reality.
Management

New Orleans, LA

#74 Aug 9, 2012
Just the facts-- Atleast get facts that you know what you are talking about. That case carried way out and Holmes Motors did nothing wrong. That customer was a scam artist and in the end got flushed out. Holmes Motors did nothing wrong. Unless you consider protecting an asset that someone was clearly trying to take through a government system and not pay for it. Is that right... what human in the world would let another human take their asset and not pay for it? What world do you live in...
River Rat

Biloxi, MS

#75 Aug 10, 2012
Integrity and Holmes Motors are words that dont belong in the same sentence!
Disgruntled car buyer

Ocean Springs, MS

#76 Aug 16, 2012
I bought a car and had nothing but problems from the get go.first off the right wing fell off and then during landing I went off the runway into a ditch.George said it ws my tie rods.lol
Disgruntled car buyer

Ocean Springs, MS

#77 Aug 16, 2012
Chook promised me a apple pie with every car I buy,I haveyet to see my apple pie.Chook get me my apple pie!!!
Disgruntled car buyer

Ocean Springs, MS

#78 Aug 16, 2012
I traded a little red wagon fora 2010 toyota.Go to holmes they are easy like sunday morning.
Joe

Ocean Springs, MS

#79 Sep 4, 2012
I bought a Jeep from them five years ago and it was a fine transaction and the vehicle was perfect. I don't udnerstand where the complaints are coming from. Carfax should tell you if a car was in a Katrina zone, stolen, or having problems. There's also a lemon law, and better busienss bureau if you really got messed up. What did y'all do to follow up with all of these problems? What ewe the result? What did the police, insurers, or mechancis say?
satisfied customer

Ridgeland, MS

#80 Oct 27, 2012
I purchased my car from holmes back in 2009. Ive never had any problems from them. They tell you up front lapse in insurance and no payment are grounds for reposession. They made it very clear before you sign anything. The interest rate is much lower than any buy here pay here by a long shot. It sounds like to me the people who are complaining are looking for a scapegoat for their irresponsible actions. if u dont pay of course they are going to take it duh. if your employer stops paying u r u going to keep clocking in hoping one day they will pay u think not. And if u bought a bad car i still blame u... it can happen at any dealership...thats what carfax is for. Better yet bring a mechanic with u. I did both and ive never had any problems with my car. It still runs as smooth as the day i got it. And yes im still driving it to this day. Holmes motors was a great stepping stone to my financial future. Taught me responsibility and how to pay my bills on time. Now i have great credit and can go to any dealership to purchase any car and i have (love my brand new acura). Be responsible for your own actions. Take charge of your own finacial future. Holmes is definitely a great place to start. I would recommend them to anyone.
Big T

Daphne, AL

#81 Nov 9, 2012
This is not Brian Holmes.I know Brian,I had a steamy romp in the hay with him and I got it on with his father too.They are great in bed but would never rip anyone off on purpose! I know,they both paid me well!!!
Brian Holmes wrote:
I hope these stupid people keep buying cars from me. I really enjoy getting richer and ripping them off. I sell stuff that should be in the junkyard. I am rolling and laughing all the way to the bank. HAHAHAHA!!!
Big T

Daphne, AL

#82 Nov 9, 2012
And another thing:Used cars are just that,used.Dont be a dummy.Buy new or one owner cars with low miles and good warranties,and if you cant afford that well,ride the bus and save your pennies so you can buy new
Brittany

Ocean Springs, MS

#83 Nov 9, 2012
Hmmm doesn't sound like anyone I want to do business with.
Dave H

Long Beach, MS

#84 Nov 13, 2012
Brian Holmes wrote:
Alot of people think Holmes Motors is a bad place to buy a car. They think we are scam artists or something! Its crazy, we are not scam artists, we are just guys that grew up with silver spoons in our mouths and we have just been able to get away with what ever we want, legal or not!were not artists, we are criminals, just check into our past! we have gotten away with more crap then anyone will ever know! By the way, we have a good deal on a crysler pacifica if your interested!
I am a dealer consultant for the area of Mississippi. I have had many dealings with Holmes Motors. The program that they offer only helps people that cannot buy anywhere else because of bad credit. They did not steal your car. The rules are simple. You put a down payment, make your payments and keep insurance on the vehicle. Just like any other car dealer in the world. My guess is that you did not pay, or your insurance expired. They take the car because you did not do these simple things. I know they leave messages tellng you to come get your things and you do have the option to get your car back. If you do not get it or pay within 30 days they put it back on the lot. I have 50 dealers that I deal with and I promise you that Holmes motors is the only one that is helping people with bad or no credit. Trust me there are alot of happy customers that deal with them, oh yea those are the 4000 people still driving around with www.holmesmotors on the back of their cars. Yes, these are the people that pay their bills and keep up with their insurance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gulfport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder trial begins for Kiln man who shot sister 15 hr Seriously 3
os walmart shoplifting allegations (Oct '13) 21 hr Bloodboy456 31
Leaders discuss 'trashy' situation Fri ladner 1
Race, gender, sexual differences part of Divers... Dec 17 Concerned Citizen 2
Do you approve of Steven Palazzo as Representat... (May '12) Dec 16 Orville 43
Expect slowdowns on I-110 beginning Monday Dec 15 David Brewer 1
Melissa Davis Deal Dec 15 Bless your heart TN 1
Gulfport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web