Review: Holmes Motors
Breezy

Jackson, MS

#43 Jun 8, 2011
Carsearching wrote:
I was thinking about going to Holmes to get a car but reading this has given me a change of heart... Any word on David Dearman in Gulfport
david dearman is crappy to!
YabbaDabba

West Liberty, KY

#44 Aug 5, 2011
My nephew's mother bought a car from here. She took it back in because the day she bought it, the check engine light came on. She had taken it to Auto Zone to get the service codes, and they said it was an oxygen sensor. She took it back to them to be serviced, and all they had done was put a piece of black tape on it to cover up the check engine light! When called and asked about it, all they had to say was "Well, we don't know what to tell you". This car is used to transport a small child, his mother can't risk having important car issues hidden instead of fixed! She and I are working right now to make sure every single review site on every corner of the internet has your actions plastered on them. How you treat your customers and their word of mouth is a very powerful advertising tool. But, I do not expect anyone from Holmes will be reading this, since you're too busy counting your hard-scammed money.
Susan Brown

United States

#45 Sep 8, 2011
This is the most sorry bunch of unethical human beings ever born. They are out to do one thing and one thing only... and that is screw you! Also George is the upmost pathetic piece of crap of them all. Even the United States Air Force will tell you. If you dont believe me, call and ask them. are better yet. look around town and ask the people driving their cars with "holmes motors" on the back. not one signle person has one single good thing to say about them.
pcola

Columbus, GA

#46 Sep 24, 2011
Not really sure if I believe half of what has been said in this forum. I have a car from there and have also taken it back for service and have had no problems. After almost 2 years now the check engine light has come on so I guess I will see what happens when I go back this time.
Just_me

Hattiesburg, MS

#47 Sep 25, 2011
Who is Kenny Holmes family ownes five business in Gulfport????
I got a holmes car

Miami, OK

#48 Oct 10, 2011
The day I picked my car up I didn't make it out of the lot before a piece of it came off and thats no joke no b.s. The plastic piece between the hood and windshield came off, no bid deal so I drive it to Houston I come home and clean the car up and the headlight lens has come off the car. The price is ridiculous way overpriced but I needed a car so there you go. And it needed an alignment and tires right off the word go. Motor and Tranny are good though.lol
Keith Woods

Wharton, TX

#49 Dec 1, 2011
I hope that everyone here stays away from Holmes Motors in Diberville, MS. As a previous employee I know that before we sell a car to each and every customer we install a GPS tracking and kill switch device. If you do not pay, we turn your car off and can track you at anytime.Like we always say Business is Business the ethics of your privacy has no meaning in the automotive industry.

If you buy a car from Holmes motors, take the car to a mechanic other than Holmes motors and pay them to remove the GPS device usually located in the Dash or somewhere accessible to the fuse box or starter switch.

Holmes Motors goal is to extort as much money from you as possible that is the used car motto so if you are into anal sex this is the place for you.
Why

United States

#50 Dec 11, 2011
Why would anyone claim that its unethical to install a GPS device on a car if you're still paying notes, its technically not your car until you paid it off and receive the title? No wonder they have to do that. What I don't get is if the car dealer is untrustworthy how is telling the customer to uninstall the GPS any better than a show of good faith. Actually the units are more cost effective than hiring some repo man to chase somebody all over creation while they're hiding the cars or leaving it at a relative's house. I'm not defending Holmes Motors, I've never dealt with them but I am defending the integrity of businesses who have just as much to lose as the customers if they don't honor their contracts. As for privacy, you do know that they have to give all their info when signing the papers to purchase the car?
Court Side

Semmes, AL

#51 Dec 11, 2011
WHY WROTE: Why would anyone claim that its unethical to install a GPS device on a car if you're still paying notes, its technically not your car until you paid it off and receive the title?

Not sure that is accurate. It is your car. The car is provided as collateral for a loan. A lien is placed against the collateral. It only becomes the dealers (or bank, etc) when the lien is perfected through a court action.

As far as the GPS thing goes, it is fine as long as the disclose it and the customer goes into the arrangement with his eyes open.

Think about her home. You have a mortgage on it perhaps. How would you feel if the bank showed up one day when you weren't home and let themselves in to check out the status of the home. To make sure that you aren't trashing "their house"?
Kelly Whaner

Kenner, LA

#52 Dec 12, 2011
I was not able to lease a vehicle from any other dealers on the coast due to past credit issues. The guys at holmes motors went over the deal thoroughly and explained that the vehicle was sold as is and as long as i made my payments on time and maintained valid insurance, i could own the vehicle in 3 years. I did just that! I love my holmes motors vehicle and im so glad there is a used car lot that could work with me like they did. I would recommend HM to anyone that has not-so-great credit.
Burks

Kenner, LA

#53 Dec 14, 2011
I don't agree with any of you I bought my car from holmes motors 2 years ago and it is a wonderful little car. I haven't had any problems with the car really last year my A/C went out and I called around and the cheapest anyone would do it for was $1000 I stopped by Holmes to pay my payment and while I was in there i asked if they could look at my A/C they set me a appointment. When i brought my car in they looked it over and told me they could fix it for $450. That saved me tons of money I have to take my little ones to school and there doctor appointments so I need my A/C so thank you Holmes Motors for helping me. An on another hand when I was out looking at cars I had looked at 14 Dealerships before I found Holmes Motors and every time they ran my Credit I heard the same thang theres nothing I can do to help you. But not Holmes they helped me and got me back on my feet I was able to get a new job back and forth to the store and my kids to school. So thank you Mr Holmes for helping me in my time of need. They were straight forward with me and told me from the get go that all I had to do was keep my Insurance on my car and keep my notes up to date. An that there was only a 5 Day grace Period and as long as I stayed in that time I don't have to worry about anything. So if anyone was to ask me I would say go there they helped me in my time of need and they are great people there very friendly.
Former Employee

Gulfport, MS

#54 Dec 14, 2011
The only thing these guys are good at is extracting money from you. Buyer beware!
Nora

United States

#55 Dec 21, 2011
Susan wrote:
I really think that the good reveiws have been written by the people that work at Holmes Motor themself. God himself knows these people are crooks. I made the worst mistake when I made a deal with this place.I was never late on my payment I always paid before time.Once I was one day late makeing a payment. The payment was due that monday the car was taken tuesday morning.I found out from a neighbor that a man was seen driving out of my yard that morning with the car. She said she thought I had given this man permission to take the car. I called Holmes motors to see what was going on. I explained to them that I had the car payment and that I was on my way there to make the payment and pick up the car. The man at holmes motors told me I had to pay the car payment and a extra five hundred dollars. They said the extra five hundred dollars was because they had to hire someone to tow the car. First of all who do you know that charges five hundred dollars to tow a car exactly one mile. Second of all my neighbor saw the person get out of a vehicle being driven by someone and getting into the car I was purchasing.Then they drove away.Why do people always try to take advantage of people.I am a single hard working mom. I beleive in being nothing but honest.Please don't make the same mistake I did.People work to hard to give away money to con artist. Don't let this be YOU writting a reveiw about your horror story.
and
Good luck
did u get the car back??
fishy

Jackson, MS

#56 Jan 21, 2012
Is holmes motors really a rip off
ivan

United States

#57 Mar 2, 2012
they lie all they do is lie to u to buy a car and go back on everything they say there crooks and scam artists especially that chewy guy I think thats his name the drunk pos.....
Ben There

Biloxi, MS

#60 Mar 19, 2012
Take a look at Bill Holmes (Gulfport) Facebook. I donít think you can live his lifestyle selling cars at just above cost as Jason Barq describes. Boats, an airplane, the entire crew goes on trips to Spain for the running of the bulls, European tours, constant social events with the local elite, trips around the country. Nothing wrong with making and spending honestly earned money. But donít tell me your selling at just above cost, or bending over backwards to save customers money.
victim

Jackson, MS

#61 Apr 6, 2012
Wish I had found out all of this before I bought a car from them, I got burn by them crooks.
Shane hall

Tishomingo, MS

#62 Apr 20, 2012
Got a Chrysler 300 from them for my fiancť Vanessa Wasserstein 69,000 miles it's an 09 great deal less than 16,000 bucks this car runs great it's a beauty and I look forward to doing business with them in the near future!!
fairs

United States

#63 Apr 28, 2012
Holmes is FOS they are liars and take advantage of u the Asian managers an azz our car had many problems Weeks afters buying it he'd blame it on us id advise no one to go there ever
Nice to know

Jackson, MS

#64 Apr 28, 2012
Glad I didn't get home before they closed today. We were going to buy a car from there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gulfport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mississpians can't drive or just plane ignorant. Wed Fromthesouth 2
News 'Mississippi Encyclopedia' explores state's peo... Wed Just Friends 2
Stops Sogns Jul 21 AlvinWells 1
Anybody know anything about Dixie Mafia involve... (Jul '09) Jul 15 Biloxi-boy 125
looking for christine dukes daughter of terry d... Jul 10 family 1
News Director: Improving regional VAa s failing grad... Jul 9 Ginni McCann 1
high roads head shop ocean springs ms (Dec '16) Jul 7 smokinoceansprings 6

Gulfport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gulfport Mortgages