house buyer

Saltillo, MS

#1 Mar 28, 2013
Why are so many home for sale in Magnolia Circle?
Is there something I should know about these houses/neighborhood before I look into buying one?
iamangttia

Foley, AL

#2 Mar 28, 2013
Rap on the doors of those selling their houses and ask them why they are selling. Tell them that you like the neighborhood but just want to make sure that there are no problems causing so many people to put their homes up for sale. Or, call the real estate agents who are listing their homes and ask them. If any of the homes are "For Sale by Owner", stay away from them--they are usually over-priced because the seller wants the last dime out of their home and is too cheap to pay for professional help to get it sold.
house buyer

Saltillo, MS

#3 Mar 28, 2013
The people selling the house, whether owner or agent, is not who I would trust to tell me the truth. After all,they want me to buy it. I cant door knock,cuz I live out of state & looking to move to Foley, that why I asked on topix. I like the houses I've seen online listings,but seem strange for so many in one area to be up for sale.
I really need opinion of someone who lives/has lived there...
iamangttia

Foley, AL

#4 Mar 28, 2013
Not necessarily true. I had the same experience several years ago and there were 3 out of 4 houses on a cul-de-sac for sale. I knocked on each door and asked them why they were moving and each one had a very valid reason that had nothing to do with the neighborhood. Sometimes it happens that way. I think you won't hear from anyone with the information you want because the odds of someone on this site seeing your inquiry are very slim.
Former Realtor

Gulf Shores, AL

#5 Mar 28, 2013
In at least one case they want come to the door. One is dead and the other is living with family
house buyer

Saltillo, MS

#6 Apr 2, 2013
Former Realtor wrote:
In at least one case they want come to the door. One is dead and the other is living with family
Thank You, very helpful. Is this neighborhood predominately elderly people?
lhanks

Foley, AL

#7 Apr 2, 2013
I live on Magnolia Circle in Foley. It is a quiet neighborhood and yes, a lot of the homes are occupied by retirees. I've been here for almost 20 years. Right now at least one of the homes for sale is because of a recent death. It seems as though every year there are 4 or 5 that turn over, but most of them are still owner-occupied; only a few are rentals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gulf Shores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Foley man charged with capital murder in arson ... 15 hr mossy seaman 2
Brett Robinson screwing their employees: 20 hr Barbara J 21
American Troops fight ISIS Fri FastFred 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Foley, AL (Aug '10) Dec 18 JCJ 56
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 VeggieBurger 90
Hobby Lobby closing Old Monrovia Road store, pl... Dec 14 FastFred 7
Foley Music Thread Dec 9 Musikologist 2
Gulf Shores Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gulf Shores People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Gulf Shores News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gulf Shores

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News