Moving to Gulf Shores

Posted in the Gulf Shores Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of134
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Callie

Andrews, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 29, 2011
 
Moving to Gulf Shores next month and need to rent before I buy a home. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Give Me A Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 29, 2011
 

Judged:

7

2

1

If you need to rent--stay where you are--we hate renters--they don't improve the property and usually don't even take care of it and the result is depreciated home values in the development for those people who own their houses. If you need to rent a condo while you are looking to buy a house--OK.
FastFred

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

lol - lol !
Give Me A Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 30, 2011
 

Judged:

4

2

1

I have to laugh at all of these people who write-in wanting information on rental units. They all have the same story--"I just need to rent until I find a house to buy". Who's kidding who? They have no funds to ever buy and have no intention of buying. They just want to live near the beach and be beach-bums and let the rest of us support their 1/2 dozen kids. If they had good jobs, they wouldn't be able to just pick-up and move to the beach and if they had any money, they would be buying a house and not looking to rent.
Callie

Andrews, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 30, 2011
 

Judged:

2

Wow. Thanks for the great suggestions.. Super helpful.. NOT! I hope to God my new neighbors are nicer than you folks.

BTW- I hate renting and completely agree that most renters do not take care of their property.
Give Me A Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 30, 2011
 

Judged:

5

2

2

Callie wrote:
Wow. Thanks for the great suggestions.. Super helpful.. NOT! I hope to God my new neighbors are nicer than you folks.
BTW- I hate renting and completely agree that most renters do not take care of their property.
Then don't become one yourself. And, if you think that anyone down here is any different than myself in how they feel about renters--you can forget about that. A renter is hated in every development that they rent in. Renters are considered the scurge in any development and just the pawn of landlord investors that can't sell their investment properties due to the economic slump and will rent to the lowest form of life just to get some income. Like I said, come on down and rent a motel room for a few days and get yourself a REALTOR to show you around and then buy a house--if you can afford one which I seriously doubt because of all the other people who have inquired on this blog that can't and claim they want to rent until they can find a home to purchase. It took me about 4-days to do that same thing. I don't want to hear the sad story about someone needing to be here a year in order to decide where they want to purchase--do your homework at home and get serious when you get here. Otherwise, you are just like the rest of the incoming trailer-trash that uses renting as an excuse for buying and wants the rest of us to believe that you have a sincere desire to purchase and the ability to do it--NOT. GIVE ME A BREAK!
Callie

Andrews, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

In assuming that you are indeed a Gulf Shores resident I am sure that you hear this rental BS all the time. Understandably frustrating. However, I do not appreciate being lumped into a group of incoming trailer-trash. I have a career, pay my bills and have a realtor. I was simply asking for opinions on Gulf Shores neighborhoods. Yes, I may have to rent for a small amount of time, but like you mentioned in your earlier post, it most likely will be more of a vacation condo type rental. Trust me when I say you have me all wrong.
Thanks again.
Callie

Andrews, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 30, 2011
 
In reading other posts on Gulf Shores I do want to make sure everyone understands that I am NOT one of those disrespectful hooligans that attended the Hangout Music Fest and decided to move there. ;)
Give Me A Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 30, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Callie wrote:
In assuming that you are indeed a Gulf Shores resident I am sure that you hear this rental BS all the time. Understandably frustrating. However, I do not appreciate being lumped into a group of incoming trailer-trash. I have a career, pay my bills and have a realtor. I was simply asking for opinions on Gulf Shores neighborhoods. Yes, I may have to rent for a small amount of time, but like you mentioned in your earlier post, it most likely will be more of a vacation condo type rental. Trust me when I say you have me all wrong.
Thanks again.
I'm glad that I have you all wrong and I speak for myself who at one period of time rented 7 different apartments before I finally got enough money together to buy a house. I had enough sense to know that I did not want to rent a single-family house and keep the grass mowed, edged, fertilized and improve the existing landscaping, etc. like people who own houses do because they have a vested interest in them.
island_fever

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 31, 2011
 
I too am considering a move to Gulf Shores, but I am not at all sure that I can make a buying decision within a week. However, the post referring to "trailer trash" gave me an idea. So, I looked up mobile home parks in Gulf Shores. There appears to be at least a few of them. That might be an alternative for renting until one can buy. But, my question then becomes one of whether or not they are really trashy. I have a family member who currently lives in one in Virginia Beach and it's quite nice. They required a background check and credit check before they let anyone move in. There is a community pool, 24-hour security, and in short, it is a very nice and very well-kept community. Are the mobile home communities in Gulf Shores like that? Is "trailer trash" just an expression? Or are the mobile home communities there really trashy? I don't know a lot about them.
Not a local

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 9, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

i would like to punch "give me a break" in the stomach. what an grumpy ass old head. this makes me want to move there and rent.. just to piss you off.
Give Me A Steak

Tuscaloosa, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Give Me A Break wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't become one yourself. And, if you think that anyone down here is any different than myself in how they feel about renters--you can forget about that. A renter is hated in every development that they rent in. Renters are considered the scurge in any development and just the pawn of landlord investors that can't sell their investment properties due to the economic slump and will rent to the lowest form of life just to get some income. Like I said, come on down and rent a motel room for a few days and get yourself a REALTOR to show you around and then buy a house--if you can afford one which I seriously doubt because of all the other people who have inquired on this blog that can't and claim they want to rent until they can find a home to purchase. It took me about 4-days to do that same thing. I don't want to hear the sad story about someone needing to be here a year in order to decide where they want to purchase--do your homework at home and get serious when you get here. Otherwise, you are just like the rest of the incoming trailer-trash that uses renting as an excuse for buying and wants the rest of us to believe that you have a sincere desire to purchase and the ability to do it--NOT. GIVE ME A BREAK!
I suggest you rent to make sure you like it. If you buy and want to leave you may be stuck with a house you can't unload. "Trailer Trash" is a colloquial term used by "White Trash" and "Upper White Trash" to describe those who live in mobile homes.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 26, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Give Me A Break wrote:
If you need to rent--stay where you are--we hate renters--they don't improve the property and usually don't even take care of it and the result is depreciated home values in the development for those people who own their houses. If you need to rent a condo while you are looking to buy a house--OK.
Get over yourself.
Concerned

Festus, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 31, 2011
 

Judged:

2

Callie wrote:
In assuming that you are indeed a Gulf Shores resident I am sure that you hear this rental BS all the time. Understandably frustrating. However, I do not appreciate being lumped into a group of incoming trailer-trash. I have a career, pay my bills and have a realtor. I was simply asking for opinions on Gulf Shores neighborhoods. Yes, I may have to rent for a small amount of time, but like you mentioned in your earlier post, it most likely will be more of a vacation condo type rental. Trust me when I say you have me all wrong.
Thanks again.
I came to Gulf Shores every year for about a week or 2 and rent a condo. I love this area and Island Towers or Lighthouse are my favorite condos. I have never had many dealings with locals except for shopping while there. Your comments are making me rethink coming there after this year. You do not know that person and are judging and comdeming her all at once. Dont know if I want to continue vacationing where locals are so mean and hateful.
questions

Festus, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 31, 2011
 
I got on this site to possibly ask about restaurants? Now I am questioning my reservations after reading such mean comments. I have always loved King Neptunes but was wondering about Cosmos.
Birmingham Mom

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 1, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wow. Such rude comments. I looked up "move to Gulf Shores" and found this forum. We all know that renters everywhere are no good for anyone's property value, but I was not expecting to find such rudeness from Gulf Shores locals. My husband has a possible job transfer, so I've been looking at real estate online in your area. We certainly do plan to rent in the beginning for a few reasons: We need to sell this house in Birmingham; we need to learn the area to be sure we want to live in Foley, which is our current thought; we need to talk to several realtors there, not just one. You can't trust any realtor. They have to much reasons to try to move a family to a place that suits their pocketbook, for instance-- commission percentage may be higher for them for selling you one house as opposed to another, also- some sellers offer a seller's agent bonus that the home buyers will never know about. It is a bribe to the realtor to sell the house to a family instead of the really good house down the road. Anyone moving to any area in the world would be foolish to move there and immediately buy without first getting a feel for the town and decided where to purchase. Welcome to Gulf Shores.
Topics

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 5, 2011
 
@Callie

Im from Lexington area and may know. Graduate WCHS?
Iam Trollman

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 13, 2011
 
Givemeabreak, You sir are an elitest dick. I bet you live on Ono Island, or wish you did. I have a question for you. What is the advantage of owning a property (in an area that could be wiped out by a hurricane) over renting? I own properties in IL and CO and rent a unit in Orange Beach. I would never buy a property here because of the high risk.
Iam Trollman

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 13, 2011
 
Callie did you ever move down to G.S.?
Iam Trollman

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 13, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Cosmos is really good, and don't worry about that guy who's being a turd. He's from Foley and is just upset that he doesn't live on the island.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of134
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Gulf Shores Forum right now

Search the Gulf Shores Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Eat your hearts out ObamaCare Bashers 6 min Give Me a Break 100
Civility is Civilized 55 min WnL 1
lpn nurses 1 hr WnL 9
Looking Condo or Home to vacation in 1 hr thetruth 3
Sarah Palin plans speech on Alabama coast 3 hr Give Him a Brain 1
Average wage and rent. Mon FastFred 15
Another Dem. sticks foot in mouth ! Apr 13 Give Me a Break 14
•••

Flood Warning for Baldwin County was issued at April 16 at 11:40AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Gulf Shores Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Gulf Shores People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••