Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Friday Aug 8
Question

Gulf Shores, AL

#1 Jun 8, 2012
At florabama with a black friend and left because of th N word being thrown around. I'm vacationing here for the first time. Is this normal around here?
Curious

Gadsden, AL

#2 Jun 10, 2012
Like blacks never call each other that?
FastFred

Foley, AL

#3 Jun 11, 2012
Not really,but you are welcome to vacation some where else if you are that sensitive.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#4 Jun 11, 2012
"At florabama with a black friend and left because of th N word being thrown around. I'm vacationing here for the first time. Is this normal around here?"

Well, you go to a Redneck saloon and then you are surprised? It's still Alabama or haven't you heard?
Info master

Maysville, KY

#5 Jun 11, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
"At florabama with a black friend and left because of th N word being thrown around. I'm vacationing here for the first time. Is this normal around here?"
Well, you go to a Redneck saloon and then you are surprised? It's still Alabama or haven't you heard?
I get it now. I just assumed that since you got your asses whipped in the civil war in 1865 and the 21st century was here things might be equal. BTW my friend spent three of the last six years in Iraq fighting in the US Army. Guess he still doesn't measure up to Alanama standards.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#6 Jun 12, 2012
Info master wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it now. I just assumed that since you got your asses whipped in the civil war in 1865 and the 21st century was here things might be equal. BTW my friend spent three of the last six years in Iraq fighting in the US Army. Guess he still doesn't measure up to Alanama standards.
You must be another cry baby Yankee,no one including me made any statements about your friend not measuring up, in fact I thank Him very much for his service and would be glad to shake his hand.It's you who must have the problem,number one, I don't believe your story that the N word was being thrown around a lot, some drunk may have slipped and used the word,and I am sure you have heard the word many other times in different places, but don't start your shi- and try and make Alabama look like it's still back in 1861, because it's not. You personaly can take your cry baby butt back to snow land any time you want.
OBAresident

Foley, AL

#7 Jun 12, 2012
I'm sorry your friend was exposed to that. Honestly, no it isn't the norm here, anymore than it is in any other part of the country - bad behavior happens everywhere. Most people in OBA welcome visitors of any background, and treat veterans with special regard. Come back anytime, smile and be courteous, and those likeminded of us will be glad to have you here.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#8 Jun 12, 2012
I remember several years ago that I and a few friends stumbled into a 'colored' bar in Albany, New York (Yankee territory) as they were then called. They had a good band and the place was hopping--sort of like what might have been experienced at FloraBama. None of knew that it was a 'Black' bar as they might now be called so we asked them if it would be any problem for us to come in. The guy at the door told us that we would have no problem as long as we just came in and sat down and had our drinks but that we could not ask any of the women to dance with us. Well, we accepted these conditions and had a few beers and enjoyed the music and then left. I just wonder if you and your Black friend had received the same instructions at FloraBama would you have been just as mortified.
Beach Lover

Spanish Fort, AL

#9 Jun 15, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
I remember several years ago that I and a few friends stumbled into a 'colored' bar in Albany, New York (Yankee territory) as they were then called. They had a good band and the place was hopping--sort of like what might have been experienced at FloraBama. None of knew that it was a 'Black' bar as they might now be called so we asked them if it would be any problem for us to come in. The guy at the door told us that we would have no problem as long as we just came in and sat down and had our drinks but that we could not ask any of the women to dance with us. Well, we accepted these conditions and had a few beers and enjoyed the music and then left. I just wonder if you and your Black friend had received the same instructions at FloraBama would you have been just as mortified.
What kind of man are you that lets another man tell you conditions of having a drink?

You tell stories like this that tell me you are a racist and limp in the wrist!
FastFred

Foley, AL

#10 Jun 16, 2012
Beach Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of man are you that lets another man tell you conditions of having a drink?
You tell stories like this that tell me you are a racist and limp in the wrist!
Read other posts of GIVE Me, you will find out he's neither.
Sam

Freeport, NY

#11 May 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
Like blacks never call each other that?
Yes I had to leave in 08 because they are so racist in that area...never been back and never will
Sam

Freeport, NY

#12 May 17, 2013
Question wrote:
At florabama with a black friend and left because of th N word being thrown around. I'm vacationing here for the first time. Is this normal around here?
I was a summer exchange student from JAMAICA ... Never experienced racism before and my friends included all left to relocate to south fl to work for the summer in 08. I worked at fishtail restaurant and the hostess treated us so different from the white girls. We got racial slur while walking on the road. I could not believe the behavior....worst summer ever....I wish people thought other where equal no matter what the race....
FastFred

Foley, AL

#13 May 18, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a summer exchange student from JAMAICA ... Never experienced racism before and my friends included all left to relocate to south fl to work for the summer in 08. I worked at fishtail restaurant and the hostess treated us so different from the white girls. We got racial slur while walking on the road. I could not believe the behavior....worst summer ever....I wish people thought other where equal no matter what the race....
You need to stay in school and learn how to read and write according to what you posted here. I don't believe any part of your story.
Hellsbells

Jasper, TN

#15 Jun 7, 2013
Im a cracker lol.
Duh

United States

#17 Wednesday Aug 6
Florabama is in Florida for the recorded...
Give Him a Brain

Foley, AL

#18 Thursday Aug 7
I was recently in both Chicago and Los Angeles, both places I heard the "N" word regularly used more than down here - by all the blacks. Apparently blacks are allowed to use racict language.

Nonetheless, if it bothers you so much, don't come back. We'll be just fine without you whiny, thin-skinned, race-baiting idiots around.

Regards,
Cracker.
MNKYH8R

Gulf Shores, AL

#19 Friday Aug 8
If you're black stay out of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and Florabama. They try to keep those towns nice and porch-monkey free. If you want to vacation with more of your kind, come to Foley where there all kinds of other nasty smelly blacks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gulf Shores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angel Ride / Lynyrd Skynyrd 3 hr thetruth 2
Elberta meth bust 13 hr concerned citizen 2
any gay coffee places Thu Tub 5
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Thu TDS 214
Ferguson - Another excuse for the blacks to ste... Aug 26 thetruth 6
Sarah Palin plans speech on Alabama coast Aug 26 thetruth 13
Do you approve of Tony Kennon as Mayor? (Feb '12) Aug 26 thetruth 5
•••
•••
Gulf Shores Dating