Guilford drug bust

Guilford drug bust

There are 214 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Apr 9, 2008, titled Guilford drug bust. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

Guilford _ Following a lengthy investigation by state and local police, a Guilford man was arrested Wednesday morning at his home for operating a drug factory, among other charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
StickAForkInIt

Branford, CT

#213 May 1, 2008
I think this BLOG is DONE!! Lets move on and leave this one on the stove!
Anonymous

Lancaster, UK

#215 May 2, 2008
Drugs need to be legalized. End of story. Harm reduction works wonders. The "War on Drugs" is doing nothing to stop dealers or users, and is a huge waste of money. Plus it encourages violence and dealing, since it is a black market, where dealers can charge high prices. If we legalize drugs, we can reduce the crime associated with dealing and gangs, and encourage safe usage of them. And most drugs can be used safely, other than the really hard ones like heroin, but even heroin addicts could benefit from harm reduction principles. This does not mean encourage usage, but merely accepting that it's a problem that's not going to go away, and to end this futile battle against it.
Skippy

Newington, CT

#216 May 2, 2008
They make drug arrests every day! Nothing new here. The laws on drugs are working well, Everyone is off drugs now.
A Youth Parent

United States

#217 May 3, 2008
It is sad, but I agree. The largest cash crop in America is weed. Legalization would greatly reduce gangs, violence, overcrowded jails and associated costs, not to mention police corruption. It would be a big source of revenue if the FDA controlled it. They could do a much better job of keeping it out of our children's hands. It's obvious that the war on drugs failed decades ago, and we're only wasting tax dollars to combat it. Also, it would be easier to identify and help those that are addicted.
If we can't stop it, we should at least take complete control of it. Sad but true.
Risk of flight

Harwinton, CT

#218 May 3, 2008
The people from IRS are now reviewing,and preparing an indictment for Tax Evasion 15usc. Husband and wife will both appear before
NewJack

Branford, CT

#220 May 5, 2008
A Youth Parent wrote:
It is sad, but I agree. The largest cash crop in America is weed. Legalization would greatly reduce gangs, violence, overcrowded jails and associated costs, not to mention police corruption. It would be a big source of revenue if the FDA controlled it. They could do a much better job of keeping it out of our children's hands. It's obvious that the war on drugs failed decades ago, and we're only wasting tax dollars to combat it. Also, it would be easier to identify and help those that are addicted.
If we can't stop it, we should at least take complete control of it. Sad but true.
Legalize it and sell it at the Gas Stations! Alcohol went through the same transition and the State now prospers on the tax receipts!

“think out of the box”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#221 May 8, 2008
NewJack wrote:
<quoted text>
Legalize it and sell it at the Gas Stations! Alcohol went through the same transition and the State now prospers on the tax receipts!
Perhaps it sounds nuts but I have a daughter and saw some things when I was a teen (in the early 80s) that REALLY influenced how I feel about pot vs weed. Young girl can VERY EASILY be taken advantage of when they drink too much - then they feel totally responsible because they drank and the abuse goes unreported. Pot does not lead to the the same kind of inebriation.

I never saw a fist fight break out amongst a group of stoned guys unless it was who a wrestling match to get the bag of Doritos. I've seen countless guys, hammered as hell, get into physical fights that would NEVER have happened under other circumstances.

I don't want her to ever do any other drugs at all but I would still rather bust her getting high (pot)than bust her drunk.
Greg

New York, NY

#222 May 16, 2008
I THINK THIS IS HORRIBLE!!! how can you people say what you say about people you dont even know, well some of you. I grew up with this family and reading some of these nasty comments makes me cry. Lisa was like a second mother, and vinny a second father. My personal family was always in termoil and I always felt a happy family vibe when going to the Basilicado home. Granted what happend happend but that is his buisiness and his alone. THERE ARE CHILDREN INVOLVED!! his family, friends and who knows who will read this. look at me. It makes me so sad to see such evil sinners cast people out. YOu all need to go and read the bible and learn that the esay way is to cast stones but to forgive makes a real man or woman. You will all be judged in the eyes of the lord so why judge others. Are you going to tell me that none of you "freakin guilford ppl with your heads up your asses" have never experimented with bad things or been arrested or had problems in life. none is perfect. And you all make me so happy that I go to school in New YOrk where real people have real lifes and not fake ones.

I am here for the family and pray for you guys everyday. God Bless
Dave

Annapolis, MD

#223 May 16, 2008
Greg wrote:
I THINK THIS IS HORRIBLE!!! how can you people say what you say about people you dont even know, well some of you. I grew up with this family and reading some of these nasty comments makes me cry. Lisa was like a second mother, and vinny a second father. My personal family was always in termoil and I always felt a happy family vibe when going to the Basilicado home. Granted what happend happend but that is his buisiness and his alone. THERE ARE CHILDREN INVOLVED!! his family, friends and who knows who will read this. look at me. It makes me so sad to see such evil sinners cast people out. YOu all need to go and read the bible and learn that the esay way is to cast stones but to forgive makes a real man or woman. You will all be judged in the eyes of the lord so why judge others. Are you going to tell me that none of you "freakin guilford ppl with your heads up your asses" have never experimented with bad things or been arrested or had problems in life. none is perfect. And you all make me so happy that I go to school in New YOrk where real people have real lifes and not fake ones.
I am here for the family and pray for you guys everyday. God Bless
Stop with the religious drivel. Vinny is a loser scumbag drug dealer who should be force fed the crap he was selling!
cat

Cheshire, CT

#224 May 24, 2008
unfortunately this is not his business, and his alone. it is the business of the people who bought his drugs and the lives that were possibly ruined by those said drugs. I know vinnie too. our daughters know each other through soccer. and yeah, he's a lot of fun, a great guy. but he did something wrong. people's actions have to have consequences and he has to take responsibility for those actions. a mistake is taking a wrong turn or forgetting an umbrella in a rainstorm. this is not a mistake. this is bad judgment and he must admit that and own up to it and face the consequences. enough said.
Friend

Boston, MA

#225 Jun 3, 2008
Good luck tomorrow!
Keggar at Scullys

San Jose, CA

#226 Sep 3, 2008
After the verdict!
George Frankenburger

Taoyuan, China

#227 Sep 3, 2008
Bend over, grab your knees, grit your teeth, and take a deep breath. Here comes chunky!
Linda

Bridgeport, CT

#228 May 27, 2009
Vinnie a free man, how did this happen, probation only? He should be in jail !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guilford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fairfield Student Graduates From Bridgeport Hos... May 18 Citizen44 2
News Cops nab suspect in bank robberies (Mar '08) May 16 Erin 61
Gang Stalking In Guilford CT May 4 John 4
Police Charge Group Home Resident With Breaking... May 3 Waves and surf 1
News Connecticut electrician to appear in 'Shark Tan... May '15 BPT 4
News Enfield State Rep. Accepted Into Program Follow... Apr '15 Larry 1
News Four Teens Charged In Sex Assault Of Girl (Feb '10) Apr '15 7th Grade Health ... 99
More from around the web

Guilford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]