Dog abuser gets 6 months in jail

Dog abuser gets 6 months in jail

There are 70 comments on the Albany Times Union story from Aug 13, 2013, titled Dog abuser gets 6 months in jail. In it, Albany Times Union reports that:

Admitted animal abuser Anthony Walker was sentenced Tuesday in Albany County Court to six months in jail for his guilty plea to one count of aggravated animal cruelty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Albany Times Union.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jim in Albany

Albany, NY

#63 Aug 17, 2013
Palomita wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite me. What gives you the right to attempt to determine the level of my intelligence?
I do not like abusers, and perhaps you should view a mirror. A big heart you say? Strange. Strange that you can profess to have such a big heart, yet the first thing you do is type a disrespectful post. Good job. Perhaps you should consider a career change.
People abuse people, animals, the environment all the time, and you further evidenced my belief with your post.
Don't argue with these fools. It's clear they are abusers themselve just by the mere fact they condone abuse. It's odd that one say he works with disavantage kids. One of the more common targets of abuse.

animal rights dink

Indianapolis, IN

#65 Sep 9, 2013
61 posts, 62 now... An abuser will always be an abuser, be it animals, children, elderly... anything they can find defenseless. 99 times out of 100 they are scared small minded people who cannot stand up to anyone they see as stronger, not only physically but internally also. They hide online typing like they are someone, like they would not be scared in person. How sad it is even with being behind a keyboard they are easy to see.

Called out for supporting animal abuse they change tune to how much they love animals, but then turn around to say they have no rights. They demand others provide proof they are wrong yet never offer proof to why they think they are right.

I will not feel sorry for them as pathetic as they are; they are the ones who hurt the weaker and defenseless.
mojo karma cookie

Palo Alto, CA

#66 Sep 9, 2013
but equal points for sitting there and doing nothing about it, or turning a blind eye to the sadistic suffering endured on a daily basis by non-human animals. on factory farms, feedlots and CAFOS. so the solution is simple.

educate yourself.

do some basic research.

reject violence in all its forms.

seek compassion.

go vegan.

do it today.

“Use renewable resources”

Since: Apr 11

Wear fur and save the earth

#67 Sep 13, 2013
Palomita wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite me. What gives you the right to attempt to determine the level of my intelligence?
I do not like abusers, and perhaps you should view a mirror. A big heart you say? Strange. Strange that you can profess to have such a big heart, yet the first thing you do is type a disrespectful post. Good job. Perhaps you should consider a career change.
People abuse people, animals, the environment all the time, and you further evidenced my belief with your post.
You are the one calling people stupid simply because they have a different opinion. What I asserted is that I likely have more education. There is a difference between intelligence and knowledge. Based upon reading your posts, it appears I have more KNOWLEDGE. As for disrespect, you are the one calling people's thoughts "stupid." Perhaps you should be the one looking in the mirror. You also advocate throwing a human in a cage for behavior that is not destructive to society and it appears that you will get joy from his suffering. What if YOU are the one who lacks "heart" and are the disgusting one? Perhaps YOU are the one who needs to rethink things.

#68 Sep 13, 2013
Palomita wrote:
The depth of the mentality you are referring to has no bounds. Spinning out of control .. people think nothing of beating a child or the elderly, skinning a live cat, or dog, cutting off a horses leg, maybe the head... for nothing but shear enjoyment.
It has to start in the homes.
It seems that we have laws regulating everything but morals.. we even have laws telling us where to spit, yet the laws all too often ignore the true needs of the ones that can not speak for themselves.
What if morality isn't absolute? What if legislating non destructive things is bad? What if legislating morality is actually immoral?

cheapo

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#69 Oct 18, 2013
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't conflate humans and animals. Humans have rights. Animals have none. I am also a clinical supervisor for special needs children. My job is to teach young children the skills that they need to survive in the world that do not come naturally to them like they do in typically developing children. While you are here whining and complaining while conflating the plight of animals and children, I am busy making a difference in the lives of hundreds of children.
Special needs children are often helped by animal contact. You are lying. Probably a prison guard in a women's institution who can't get laid. Yes I believe that is accurate. Limp d?ck.

#70 Oct 18, 2013
cheapo wrote:
<quoted text>
Special needs children are often helped by animal contact..
What does that have to do with this conversation?
cheapo wrote:
<quoted text>You are lying. Probably a prison guard in a women's institution who can't get laid. Yes I believe that is accurate. Limp d?ck.
If believing that makes you feel better, then believe it. Unfortunately, you are unable to engage in logical discourse so you attack others instead. I wish you were smarter.

cheapo

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#71 Oct 18, 2013
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with this conversation?
<quoted text>
If believing that makes you feel better, then believe it. Unfortunately, you are unable to engage in logical discourse so you attack others instead. I wish you were smarter.
No. The other way I suspect. IE: i KNOW.
IvanRoe

Guilderland, NY

#72 Oct 18, 2013
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one calling people stupid simply because they have a different opinion. What I asserted is that I likely have more education. There is a difference between intelligence and knowledge. Based upon reading your posts, it appears I have more KNOWLEDGE. As for disrespect, you are the one calling people's thoughts "stupid." Perhaps you should be the one looking in the mirror. You also advocate throwing a human in a cage for behavior that is not destructive to society and it appears that you will get joy from his suffering. What if YOU are the one who lacks "heart" and are the disgusting one? Perhaps YOU are the one who needs to rethink things.
You certainly do have a high opinion of yourself, don't you?

The problem is that - no matter how well-educated you believe yourself to be - you're just not that bright, and you're certainly not a sophisticated thinker.

You fail to see that all creatures - great and small - fall on the continuum of self-aware, living creatures which feel pain and suffer. It is obvious that you subscribe to the childish and egotistical belief that humans are separate and distinct from all other creatures.

You are but a child. It's time to forego the fairy tales and start thinking for yourself.

#73 Dec 4, 2013
IvanRoe wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly do have a high opinion of yourself, don't you?
The problem is that - no matter how well-educated you believe yourself to be - you're just not that bright, and you're certainly not a sophisticated thinker.
You fail to see that all creatures - great and small - fall on the continuum of self-aware, living creatures which feel pain and suffer. It is obvious that you subscribe to the childish and egotistical belief that humans are separate and distinct from all other creatures.
You are but a child. It's time to forego the fairy tales and start thinking for yourself.
My opinion of myself is not relevant here. Regardless if my opinion of myself is high or low, it doesn't change the facts. Please get off of this irrelevant detail.

I absolutely believe that humans and animals are not separate and distinct. Animals (humans included) are fighting for the live giving resources that are here on earth. The fact that living critters with freedom of motion experience pain is true...but also irrelevant. Animal suffering is NORMAL. The vast majority of living creatures die by being eaten alive, from disease, starvation and a variety of other excruciating circumstances. I am no more opposed to animal suffering as what I am opposed to a heat wave...or arctic blast. I am no more opposed to animal suffering than what I am to volcanoes and/or earthquakes. Animal suffering is a by product of critters fighting tooth and nail to survive. It sounds to me like perhaps you are the shallow thinker who is engrossed in a multitude of explanatory fictions to create a reality that isn't real but makes you feel comfortable about yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guilderland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Checkerhills Farm - Pet and Animal Food... (Mar '11) Wed marc 17
News Fires damage Niskayuna, Watervliet homes Jun 27 hello 1
Body Skin Spa - 1760 State Street - PROSTITUTION!! (Oct '14) Jun 26 John 3
Review: Absolute Construction Enterprises LLC (Aug '13) Jun 26 dsd 2
Train watching Jun 20 Surftones 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jun 20 Homeboynot 20,366
News For transgender people, aging is especially tough Jun 12 Sneaky Pete 1

Guilderland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Guilderland Mortgages