First Prev
of 3
Next Last
another concerned citizen

AOL

#181 Feb 20, 2008
Jerry M Lester wrote:
<quoted text>
I am Chairman of the Republican Party and I can say without a doubt you do not know what you are talking about. Not one dime was paid Allen Dales
from the Republican Party.
<quoted text>
The second question, as to if the republican party provided funds to Allen Dales campaign, resources provided it was a covert manuver soley by a few high ranking republicans donated a sizable amount of funds to keep Dales in the election to split the democrat vote and allowing Ray to win the election.
Jerry, I think the accusation was not that the party itself funded him, It was that "high ranking officials" did. Would you also go on the record and state that you knew nothing of this either.

AOL

#182 Feb 20, 2008
I am a lifelong resident and longtime voter and I will admit that that I voted for Ray. I take internet posts with a grain of salt but I have talked to some people today that I consider very trustworthy and they confirmed some of the accusations posted on here. I think someone needs to take a look into the sheriff's finances and employment practices to see if what I was told was true. I won't spread what i heard, but if true, I hope the responsible person or persons pay dearly because it was illegal. Times are bad enough without officials fleecing the county's coffers for personal gain. As the old saying goes, "where there's smoke, there's fire."
a concerned citizen
AOL Reply
|Report Abuse |#30 Thursday Feb 14
Ray forced the deputies to attend the Republican Mass Meeting and work the polls on election day. Some deputies that were lifelong Democrats were threatened with losing their job if they did not do as they were told!

AOL

#183 Feb 20, 2008
This is demeaning and sad to our public servants. If you know any, just ask them... If they are sure you won't tell Adolf Foster, they'll tell you the truth.
a concerned citizen
AOL Reply
|Report Abuse |#34 Thursday Feb 14
Sick of this wrote:
I know Ray personally and I can honestly say most of what I have read on this site is wrong. I know a lot of it is people with a grudge, maybe some druggies trying to get back at him by spreading lies, and some is plain ignorance. If you want to know something call the man and ask him! But don't spread a bunch of rumors without knowing all the facts.
You say most of it is wrong. Would you enlighten us as to which allegations are wrong and which ones are right! I'd really like to know. That's what I've been asking all along!
a concerned citizen
AOL Reply
|Report Abuse |#37 Thursday Feb 14
To a concerned citizen wrote:
I was at the Republican mass meeting and I can tell you there was only about 5 deputies there. I see deputies that weren't there on the roads all the time. I guess that means he didn't fire them doesn't it?
Is THAT the ONE that I heard wrong? What about the other far more serious accusations of:

Firing Jody while on FML?
Firing Danny?
Firing Josh?
Nepotism?
Funding the golf tournament?
Receiving gifts?
Personal use of County vehicle?
The wreck?
Entertaining the wives on the County's dime?
Having the deputies campaign at the polls?
Transporting voters to the polls?
Getting the biker out of trouble?
The cruise with the wives?
Gatlinburg trips?
Resource officers not being at the schools all day?

As I count, that's one answered question down. Sixteen to go!
a concerned citizen

AOL

#184 Feb 20, 2008
<quoted text>
Why should I give you second hand information? Call and ask HIM.
Maybe I already know and don't need to ask. Maybe I'm asking so others can be informed!

AOL

#185 Feb 20, 2008
#39 Thursday Feb 14
<quoted text>
Why should I give you second hand information? Call and ask HIM.
On second thought... Maybe we should all call him and ask him, lol. I just wonder how many of us will get through or how many of us will get his voicemail? Let's find out!
a concerned citizen

AOL

#186 Feb 20, 2008
#56 Friday Feb 15
to a concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text> So our former sheriff Paul Crouse never used deputies at the polls?? I think so, i got approached by enough at past elections. When you ever behind closed doors with him? and on fire?????
I never said it was right, regardless of who was issuing the orders. You're justifying a wrong based on a previous wrong? You lose the argument either way.
a concerned citizen

AOL

#187 Feb 20, 2008
#58 Friday Feb 15
<quoted text> I witnessed the accident,the Sheriff was coming from training at the state police office in Wyetheville. A VDOT truck came over in his lane and he had to dodge it to keep from wrecking himself. The car wrecked in front of him and he stopped to help the driver. The VDOT truck that caused the accident sailed by and kept right on going. And no he was not pulling a trailor behind him.Does that help?
You were close enough to see the whole event? Were you in the vehicle with Ray? Were you at the same training? Did you testify in court? Are you related to Ray? Do you work for the Sheriff? And you really didn't see a trailer???These things would be good to know seeing that you are defending him like you are.
a concerned citizen

AOL

#188 Feb 20, 2008
#60 Friday Feb 15
The car wrecked in front of him? The seasoned Sheriff didn't get a tag number from the VDOT truck or identify it in any way? That mean ol' trooper gave another on-duty officer a ticket for "STOPPING TO HELP THE DRIVER?" Are you kidding? On what planet does this happen?
a concerned citizen

AOL

#189 Feb 20, 2008
#62 Friday Feb 15
<quoted text>Yes,no,no,no,no,no,yes
You saw the wreck. You weren't at the training. You didn't testify in court. You're not related to Ray and you didn't see a trailer.

Did you just happen to be going the same direction at the same time? And by coincidence see the wreck and by more coincidence know Ray? And by further coincidence you know enough about the inner workings at the S.O. that you know who owns what four wheeler. Even which one is owned by the very secretive Drug Task Force? And you were at the republican meeting? And you knew the deputies that were there, even though they weren't in uniform?

This is silly! You're elusive and deceiving in your posts. Taking the above as true, Based on your answers, either you are lying about parts of it or you are Ray himself (and still lying about parts).

HI RAY!!!!

Now that the cats out of the bag. Speak up and be heard.

AOL

#190 Feb 20, 2008
#66 Friday Feb 15
Buchanan County Native wrote:
Danny Cox need to be fired fours years ago when Ray was elected that's the only fault I have with him. Ray Foster does a wonderful job and gives his all to every citizen not matter what their politics are. Keep the the great work Ray you always took care of a red jetta on those Friday nights.
Why? There is much to this story and I'm not going to get into it much here, but to give you a taste: It started a few years back when dad alerted Sheila Tolliver the Commonwealth's Attorney that the charges that Ray's son-in-law took against a person for "attempted murder of a police officer" were in fact bogus and he was being asked to testify to a lie and refused to do so. Luckily, the charges were dropped and justice was served. Thanks to Danny Cox! aka my dad.

Obviously, Ray wasn't too happy about this and other things began happening. It became evidently clear that dad's days were numbered with the Sheriff's office.

Danny made no bones about whom he supported in the sheriff's race or any other race for that matter. He didn't support Ray the first time and definately not the second time. He has a right as a citizen to cast a vote and to say whatever he feels as long as it's truthful. For this he lost his job. Score one for Democracy! If anyone can argue against this, I must question their morals and allegience to this COUNTRY, COUNTY and COMMUNITY!

I haven't ever told ANYONE this, and hate that it ever crossed my mind and lips... but the Grundy Police Department hired Randy Ashby on a part-time basis to 1) fill in when we had a manpower shortage and 2) to help out a fellow officer that was in need of a job to support his family. and 3) to make use of his extensive knowledge of law enforcement to better our department. The GPD gained a lot from him. For this I thank the Council members and Town Manager that agreed that hiring him served to better our community and help out someone in need.

Just before the election, there were conversations about "what if." Any good managers make such contingency plans. These conversations included offering Ray a job if he lost the election to 1) fill in when we had a manpower shortage and 2) to help out a fellow officer that was in need of a job to support his family.

My kneejerk reaction now is that, I regret having these conversations because of him firing dad for absolutely no reason other than political reasons or, what I truly believe to be the real reason... His salary was high and he was told by the Republican Party that he needed to get rid of some deputies to make a show of changing the department and when Ray figured out that by firing the most senior deputy he could recoup any money in excess of a starting salary. With this he could give raises to whichever employees he choosed. This is what happened.

However, I guess I am unlike Ray, and if the election had turned out differently, I guess I would have offered that job to Ray to help out a BROTHER!

Ray knows how I feel. I told him exactly what I thought about what he did. I however did not tell him about the contingency plan, until now.

Sleep well tonight BROTHER!

AOL

#191 Feb 20, 2008
#74 Friday Feb 15
Buchanan County Native wrote:
First of all before you can make any sort of committ or speak you opinion you need to actually kow these people you are speaking of and you need to be from our County and Town. You need to worry about what happends in Harrisonburg and not so much worry about a town that you will ever visit. Get a life and move on!
<quoted text>
I didn't personally know Jesus Christ, but I most certainly am allowed to make a comment! I've never been to Iraq, but I have a pretty good idea of it's recent past. I didn't know Hitler, but I know the evil that befell his country and his people because of him. Am I allowed O great rule maker to comment on these individuals?

You're an ignorant hick and you prove my case for me. You people are not located on some isolated island and completely cut-off from the rest of civilization. I am from Buchanan County and still call it home. I can't stand that mentality! For instance, Barack Obama only got about 1% of the democratic vote in BC, but is sitting at close to 50% nationwide. Are you that far out of the loop for mainstream America? You must be. You elect friggin morons and criminals to lead you. Am I making it up? You know I'm not, just look back, all the way back to William P. Harris, Convicted Felon, and you re-elected him. The coon dog scandal, and history shows they will be pardoned and be elected right back in. Yet, it continues today with Foster.

I'm confronted all the time with comments about Grundy and the black cloud of illegality in it's government that continually covers the County. You always complain about the economy and why business won't locate there. Would you if you were an "ferner" and are thinking about moving your business and family to BC? If you were a savy business person, you'd research everything... even these posts before making such an investment. You're kidding yourself if you think Wal-Mart hasn't forwarded this post to every decision maker in the company before you have even finished reading it!!!!!!!!!

The Voice continually bashes the law and pharmacy schools, for what, bringing in outsiders? Isn't that exactly what the county needs? Maybe enough of you haven't been to a "college town" but those that have I ask the question, "have you ever seen one that didn't continue to grow economically? Colleges are cash cows and many in BC treat them as lepers.

People, this is bigger than little ray and his whole dern family!!! You're destroying your futures and your children's futures by voting the way you do.

Get your heads out of the hillside and turn on your brains before it's too late.

I got a life, and I moved on, but I'm still rooted in BC!

AOL

#192 Feb 20, 2008
#78 Friday Feb 15
Rays no Sheriff wrote:
When does being a security guard qualify you to be a sheriff?
It doesn't and it is beginning to show!

AOL

#193 Feb 20, 2008
#79 Friday Feb 15
Rays no Sheriff wrote:
When does being a security guard qualify you to be a sheriff?
...And we can't leave Allen Dales out of this.

So when does barely graduating H.S., bouncing from job to job, upstart business to upstart business, then essentially failing the police academy and getting Paul Crouse to pull some strings to get your police certification, working for 2 years as a deputy and then bouncing to a couple of other jobs....

Qualify you to be the second place finisher in the Sheriff's race.

I'm getting sick thinking about this nonsense!!!!!!!

AOL

#194 Feb 20, 2008
#80 Friday Feb 15
Jerry M Lester wrote:
<quoted text>
I am Chairman of the Republican Party and I can say without a doubt you do not know what you are talking about. Not one dime was paid Allen Dales
from the Republican Party.
<quoted text>
The second question, as to if the republican party provided funds to Allen Dales campaign, resources provided it was a covert manuver soley by a few high ranking republicans donated a sizable amount of funds to keep Dales in the election to split the democrat vote and allowing Ray to win the election.
a concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Jerry, I think the accusation was not that the party itself funded him, It was that "high ranking officials" did. Would you also go on the record and state that you knew nothing of this either.
Let me remind you that you are, obviously, not under oath, but if you make that statement and its later found to not be true, everyone reading the statement(voters)will know.
I noticed that you didn't respond to the challenge posted above?

Well, Jerry? I just received an interesting email. Let me ask this question directly! Did you personally give Allen Dales any money, whatsoever?

We await your answer.

AOL

#195 Feb 20, 2008
Danny Cox - Hero
Harrisonburg, VA Reply
|Report Abuse |#92 Saturday Feb 16
WantedDeadOrAlive wrote:
Danny Cox Was And Is A Fine Deputy Who Did His Job Well, He Is A Man Who Nearly Died At One Point In Time Doing His Job And Protecting The Citizens Of
This Beautiful County. It Should Be Against The Law To Fire A Man That Has Spent His Life Serving
The County , Oh Wait A Minute It Just Might Be.
Any Way Ray wont Get By With It Because The
Repercussions From The County board Of Supervisors
Will Take It's toll On The Sheriffs Office, By
Firing Danny cox, Ray Can Forget About Getting Anything Else From Our Supervisors Because They
All Want Re-elected. I Believe Danny cox Will
Probably Be The Next Sheriff Of Buchanan County,
If He Wanted To Run for The Office I Would Be
More Than willing To Knock On Every Door In
Buchanan County And I Just About Know Everyone
Very True WantedDeadOrAlive, Very true. Danny was trying to arrest a felon and got into a highspeed chase. Danny cornered the crook behind the old Big Rock Elem. School and the scum ran over Danny with his car. Danny was severly injured and permanently disfigured and had his tongue cut almost all the way off.
The crook went to jail and never had the opportunity to harm anyone else again due to Danny's heroic and selfless actions.
What did danny do? He spent months enfuring surgeries, therapy and painful treatments. I heard he was told by the doctors that he could never return to work, let alone police work. Danny laughed at this and instead of accepting a check, rehabilitated himself and returned to work as a public servant and continued to clean up this county.
He took care of his wife and family. He lovingly cared for his wife during her bout with cancer. He returned to work after she passed away and continued to keep us safe.
He was diagnosed with some health problems and was again given the option to go out on disability, you know the drill, danny refused taking a check and continued to work right up to just before this christmas when lil' ray decided to fire him to give a select few raises.
The saddest part of this. I asked Danny what he planned to do about this injustice and he just calmly explained, "what can you do?" He is being actively encouraged to speak with attorneys about this. Danny continues being the loyal public servant. Not wanting dumbass ray's actions to cost the county hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not more, in settlement costs.
We constantly gripe about people not wanting to work and on a check of some sort. Here's a man that has refused the "check" several times and we are allowing ray to get away with this! Danny now doesn't even have medical coverage to cover his injuries he sustained on the job. Sickening!!!
Somebody mentioned it earlier and I'm going to make the prediction now, so listen up. Ray Foster will not complete his full term. He will go out on a disability.
Do I have some supernatural power to predict the future or could I possibly possess some information that Ray has actively been trying to build a case, since before the election, to qualify for disability!!! MARK IT DOWN, IT WILL HAPPEN!.
You will then see that you allowed a GOOD man's career, actually several GOOD peoples careers, to be destroyed by a person that is just out to get not only his piece of the pie, but the whole damned bakery.
Someone commented earlier that ray "gives all he has." I just want to add that "Ray takes all others have also!"

AOL

#196 Feb 20, 2008
Laugh Out Loud
Harrisonburg, VA Reply
|Report Abuse |#93 Saturday Feb 16
Rays gone a huntin wrote:
He holed up a female beaver in a office on the top floor of the courthouse.
LOL, You know, I know, we all know... Or should Know!!! Vroom, Vroom EasyRider.

DAre Not sAy her name, LEST hER get mad.

AOL

#197 Feb 20, 2008
Your Wee Todd Did
Harrisonburg, VA Reply
|Report Abuse |#94 Saturday Feb 16
Laugh Out Loud wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, You know, I know, we all know... Or should Know!!! Vroom, Vroom EasyRider.
DAre Not sAy her name, LEST hER get mad.
Dana Lester for the Ray supporters

AOL

#198 Feb 20, 2008
a concerned citizen
AOL Reply
|Report Abuse |#97 Saturday Feb 16
Your Wee Todd Did wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana Lester for the Ray supporters
That is hilarious! True and Sad, but absolutely, rolling on the floor, laughing and cryingly, funny!!!!!
a concerned citizen

AOL

#199 Feb 20, 2008
Danny Cox - Hero wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a man that has refused the "check" several times and we are allowing ray to get away with this! Danny now doesn't even have medical coverage to cover his injuries he sustained on the job. Sickening!!!
Hey Ray, didn't this HERO deserve six months to until he was eligible for retirement from a "'distinguished' and 'beyond the call of duty service' to this County?" They give soldiers medals for his kind of service...

...and you show them the door.

You're an a**hole the way I see it!

AOL

#200 Feb 20, 2008
a concerned citizen
AOL Reply
|Report Abuse |#99 Saturday Feb 16
You would have been able to receive his "extra" money from his salary and still used it to give raises, but you fired him any way.

Was he a threat to your fragile ego? You little, little man!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mountain magic witch craft shop 11 min Spiritual Advisor 10
Snitches in Grundy 14 min lol 20
Saturday night fun 2 hr party girl 2
Lumberjerk 2 hr Lumberjerk 1
Drug bust 6 hr oss 15
barbra keen (Aug '11) 6 hr Lucky 15
Hot girl at mcdonalds 9 hr Heather Owens 2

Grundy Jobs

Personal Finance

Grundy Mortgages