Department of Social Services

Posted in the Grundy Forum

First Prev
of 47
Next Last
Chilly Willy

United States

#1 Apr 3, 2008
Well, looks like the whiney a***s couldn't handle the truth and complained to the moderators and got the forum removed. I hope they put the number in speed dial because they will have to complain again.
watchin airplanes

United States

#2 Apr 3, 2008
That's just proves my point. JH covers everything up as fast as it is put out there. Sorry, JH, get ready for some hard fast questions for all the mistakes you've made. I can keep typing as long as you can keep whining. And TH, you can't stand it when people tell the truth about your partner in crime. I feel sorry for you. But I guess you're under strict orders and have to march to J's drum. Boom, boom, keep the beat or you'll be off old #7's good list. Idea for the poster's on this forum: Name 1 mistake that JH has made. I'll do number 1.
1. Bringin' that stupid singing chicken around to grown adults, and thinking that she could have a good Friday when she treated everybody like chickens*#@ during the rest of the week. Old #7, you need to get you a stuffed Old # 7, instead of that stupid chicken. It suits you better. Democrats for old #7-suits ya.
Heathen

New Hope, VA

#3 Apr 3, 2008
Just curious? Are you the least bit embarassed when you call Topix and beg them to remove this forum because you're getting your cyber asses kicked? I'll bet the administrators get quite the kick laughing at your sad and pathetic little selves!

Good Day
watchin airplanes

United States

#4 Apr 3, 2008
Posters, you know what to do. Add a mistake that JH has made at DSS. Here's number two.

2. Passing a dress code for DSS when they already knew how to dress for their business. The DSS is to help people in the community who need assistance. The clientele does not want to come in and ask for food stamps and welfare to a bunch of designer dressed employees who make them feel inferior and like they are losers. It only makes them hesitate to ask for help when they need it for their families. Nice job, JH! How do you sleep at night?
dopey moe

AOL

#5 Apr 3, 2008
JH is a @$$% she can't live by her rules but expects her workers to. Too bad she has blowed the budget. Wanting to give her dwarfs a raise and feeding them well to do as she wishes. Well it is time to pay the price $33,000+ in time due workers. How about the budget?? Lights out but she goes to the kitchen to watch the game and it was after 4:00 p.m. SHAME ON YOU JUDY!! No breaks after 4:00 p.m.

Too bad you dind't hit the time clock like the rest, you may have gotten some time to cover your sickness.
beauty queen

AOL

#6 Apr 3, 2008
RUMOR HAS IT THAT JH AND TH HAVE PROMISED PS THAT HIS FRIEND JDR WILL BE THE NEXT ADULT SERVICE WORKER HIRED AFTER SHE GRADUATES IN MAY. TOO BAD JH DIDN'T TAKE HF SUGGESTION TO ADVERTISE WITH THE RECEPTIONIST POSITION NOW LETS SEE HOW MUCH THIS WILL COST THE COUNTY. TF WILL WIN AND IF JDR IS HIRED SOMEONE ELSE WILL WIN. BOS BETTER GET RID OF JH BEFORE THEY COUNTY GOES BANKRUPT!!!
Isabella

AOL

#7 Apr 3, 2008
You can remove all the Topix you want, but you still know how the county people feel about you. Aren't you thr least bit embarrased? Why don't you take your retirement from school and go home, J.H.?
gary

Richmond, VA

#8 Apr 3, 2008
I just want to say I agree with Isabella. We think alike! Go home, JH! I'm tired of hearing so many complaints about you and tired of watching the supes in the building knocking each other out of the way to suckup.
#3. Here is the mistake that cost JH her reputation with Richmond. Wonder if she will run get her picture took up there again with the guv? JH tried to make TS, a long-time salaried employee, go on "paid by the hour," because she lacked 5 or 10 minutes to make a 40 hour week. Heartless!!! But TS, way to go! You showed her! As a result of your bravery, the county is going to learn what a dumba$$ jh is.
gary

Richmond, VA

#9 Apr 3, 2008
Mistake #4
Just today, jh called the building to say that she missed all the workers there and to give the people in the know her latest orders. I wonder how the employees ever made it without her? How did DSS get all those awards for jobs well done before the great almighty JH? OMG, turn off the lights, she's coming back soon. On second thought, leave the lights on. jh is too dumb to know that the more you turn fluorescent lights on and off that it costs more and up goes the bill. Costing the county more $$$. Will it never end?
zwinkie

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#10 Apr 3, 2008
JH and TH--- Known them for years. One fired and the other on the way to getting fired if she doesn't resign first. OOPS! didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag or is it the bag off the donkey???!!! Whew
A Little Off The Top

Bridgeport, WV

#11 Apr 3, 2008
The Topics Kid
Grundy, VA

I agree, the $$$ spent on food is wasted. They pay them to attend meetings so they can stop at McDonalds and buy their own Bic Mac.
The Hurricane Dist. representative is the one that possibly doesn't live in the district. Or the county for that matter.
All of them are political appointees and I doubt that some of them can spell 'eligibility worker' much less supervise the agency.
We have a teacher for director, maybe she can give them spelling lesson while they eat food that the taxpayers paid for???
A Little Off The Top

Bridgeport, WV

#12 Apr 3, 2008
tenspot
Grundy, VA

No Big Macs for them. They get big spreads of Subway, Peking or KFC. That old woman from Rocklick can really tear up a big platter of KFC. Don't reach for that last chicken leg. You would be better off trying to take it from a pit bull than her. What they don't eat during the meeting she usually takes home with her.

Noticed the mods removed the poll about JH. Must have made some one nervous. That or the fact that about 80% said she didn't deserve the job became an embarassment.
A Little Off The Top

Bridgeport, WV

#13 Apr 3, 2008
Pitty Pat
AOL

I've heard some of the DSS Board members are running scared. Afraid the trial will hit them in their pocketbooks. I hope they have to pay for the way they treated T.F.
A Little Off The Top

Bridgeport, WV

#14 Apr 3, 2008
Hammerhead
Grundy, VA

Anyone read the Voice yet. Good article about TF lawsuit against the DSS Admin board and the BOS. Good comments by Bobby May and another artcle about the DSS board wanting a raise. From $100 to $125 plus another $62.50 each time they attend a special called meeting. I bet you will see a big increase in the number of special called meetings if they get that. They don't mention that the county will be out another $200 or $300 for another free meal for each special meeting.

If TF wins her suit, I will be curious to see if the BOS wises up and gets rid of the DSS board and if they wise up and do the right thing instead of the political thing.

If they don't they must be too stupid to breathe on their own. Guess its a good thing that breathing is an involuntary reflex.
A Little Off The Top

Bridgeport, WV

#15 Apr 3, 2008
Gary
Maryville, TN

Can't quite believe that the new BOS has not figured this stuff out yet. BV? SO? TH? jh is bad news for all of them because by appointing her as DSS director, she is going to cost the county so much. political favors, are they worth it? she's not, just ask th. the county is going to suffer again, not just in money but by everyone outside the county saying "are the people in Grundy ever going to learn!" It's just a little obvious that the same week that jh gets to be appointed permanent DSS director, that the Admin. board that approved this intelligent move votes to give themselves a raise and i hear that it would have passed if the notetaker had not reminded the newly appointed permanent director that she had to get legal advice to get it done. these are the people who are in charge of dss. another example of i'll scratch your back if you scratch mine. come on, bos, help dss out. get rid of this embarrassment to the county.
A Little Off The Top

Bridgeport, WV

#16 Apr 3, 2008
Rumor Has It
Berea, KY

if the dss board is so dirty why havent the B.O.S. did anything to help, i know they won't do anything about the b.c.s.d... you know the b.o.s. can call for an investigation into anything but have not and will not. do they have something to hide? does the mighty sheriff and his sidekick have anything on them? why is nothing being done about all this activity? call your supervisor and demand an explaination, if the public don't raise cane no one else will. at least call your supervisor and complain, i do it all the time, my supervisor knows how i feel about the b.c..s.d. and he knows where my vote stands, we are all going to have to change all elected officials to make a difference, not one but all.
A Little Off The Top

Bridgeport, WV

#17 Apr 3, 2008
Popeye
Grundy, VA

The BOS won't do anything because they are mostly Dumocrats just like the DSS board. Their partisan politics is what go this mess started. I think something will have to be done from the regional office in Abingdon or by the HR office in Richmond. You can pretty much discount anything from T Fritz in regional office. JH has him snow jobbed too. Complaints have been made to Fritz since JH was hired. He was one of the interview panel members that rated JH last on the list so I think he know what a total a'hole she is.

It is a sad thing to say but the DSS board is a bigger joke than JH. TP is Mr. Arrogance. Like to buy him for what he is worth and sell for what he thinks he is worth. EE, what a piece of work she is. Could probably eat half a steer before it even knows its dead and have the other half in the car trunk before it hits the ground. LE, Fashion Queen in her plaid dress and polka dot shoes. HT, stroked out. RH, I guess she is exhausted after her long drive from Christiansburg. RD and HF, don't know much about them except that HF, a republican, made the motion to make JH permanent. Doesn't say much for him.

Firefighter was right about BJ. She and a couple of others are director wannabes and would probably dice and slice their own relatives for the job. Backstabbers of the highest order.

The public really needs to attend DSS board meeting which are held on the second monday of the month and see you tax dollars in action or inaction, as the case may be.
A Little Off The Top

Bridgeport, WV

#18 Apr 3, 2008
DEEP THROAT
Cedar Bluff, VA

Kudos to Popeye. Citizens should attend these meetings and I would encourage you to contact your BOS member; however, this will accomplish nothing as they placed these nimrods there in the first place. EC should step in and make an FOI request to see the costs associated with the meals at the DSS board meetings. If published, I'm sure it would fire up some hard working tax paying citizen. Someone hit the nail on the head about RC, as his allegiance belongs to the H's and TP. EC missed a chance to find some golden eggs. As for RC, his writings and topics leave much to be desired. Although I don't always agree with his subject matter, BM is a far superior writer and could hold his own with any regional or national writers. Truly, BM is a rare talent. Sorry to digress.

Do the board members have any qualifications? I'm no Christopher Columbus, but even I know Christiansburg is not in the Hurricane District and the mouth of Deskins is certainly not in the Garden District. As Hall stated in the paper, the DSS board should be disbanded. They should do the honorable thing and resign. There should be no pay raise for DSS board members and if they would take care of business, instead of licking the sweet and sour sauce from their fingers, there would not be a need for special called meetings. They all seem to have a healthy appetite, so one of the bunch should be able to cook and save taxpayers some money. If EE could cook as much as she ate at the meetings, then she could feed the entire county at the next meeting. A note to the leadership: let some new blood in, as the same old, incompetent leaders have been at the helm too long. Retire. Go to Florida (or at least Abingdon). Play some shuffleboard.

Rumor has it that DSS employees are going to be compensated for a time clock fiasco last year. Who is to blame? Snow White and the 7 dwarfs. Grievances filed over comp time, dress codes, etc. It never ends. I hope the truth unfolds in federal court.

From my sources, TF was the highest ranking person to be interviewed and JH was dead last. TF would have been an ideal person to lead DSS over the next 20 years. Extremely qualified. Great public relations and people skills. Devoted wife and mother. Outstanding member of the community working with scouts, soccer program, etc. Very diplomatic. Would have built inter agency relations rather than obliterating them.

In closing, I hope the citizens of the county can band together to prevent the county from becoming the butt of jokes in the regional and national newspapers again. This is not Red China, Nazi Germany, or Pol Pot's Cambodia. This is America, a country founded upon high ideals and the rights of individuals. We can be silent no longer.
A Little Off The Top

Bridgeport, WV

#19 Apr 3, 2008
Rumor Has It
Berea, KY

almost all the employees at dss talk trash about her all the time, she tried to not pay them for overtime even though they were on the clock working, "her little rules" , that came back to bite her in the ass when the employees filed complaints on her and now she has to back up and pay them all for the last year of what she tried to steal from them, that just shows you how stupid she really is to think she could rob the employees and force them to work for free, she must have learned it from her other half mister th.
A Little Off The Top

Bridgeport, WV

#20 Apr 3, 2008
Rumor Has It
Berea, KY

IT'S ONE CORRUPT THING AFTER ANOTHER WITH OUR COUNTY AND IT'S SUPERVISORS AND IT'S SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT. IT KEEPS GROWING AND GROWING AND GROWING.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 47
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Picture 4 hr SEND NUDES 137
AM was that bad? 6 hr Get a life 35
Anyone know tbe pic release date 6 hr Get a life 3
IDA Raises taxes on Walmart building. Why? 11 hr Poker 8
TruPoint Bank 15 hr Grundy 1
Whos baby is skeens carrying 16 hr Cole 1
Prettiest girl @ GHS prom?! (May '09) 20 hr Horace Hogg 100
Role models #2 Mon Freud 101 12
Federal Indictments Mon GoKart Banditos 13

Grundy Jobs