Employers not Doctor to control medic...

Employers not Doctor to control medical records

Posted in the Grundy Forum

Wha is all this about

Grundy, VA

#1 Mar 20, 2013
What is this I am hearing about our employers will have control of our medical records instead of our doctor. It falls under something called preventive Care By Early Intervention. We will be required to have every test in the book for every disease imaginable, to check and see if we have any diseases. Our employer can fine us $600.00 if we refuse any test. I would like to know if we have to pay the deductables for all this? Just how much will this end up costing the worker if anybody knows.
CVS Workers

Grundy, VA

#2 Mar 20, 2013
This is the new rules for CVS workers in Rhode Island. The workers have to be tested for diabetes , high blood pressure , cholesterol and other things. These results will be turned over to their employer. Each person must reveal their weight. They can be fined an annual $600.00 for refusing or $50.00 a month for not revealing their weight. There is a good possibility that this trend could spread to other big companies soon.
hhh

Grundy, VA

#4 Mar 20, 2013
CVS Workers wrote:
This is the new rules for CVS workers in Rhode Island. The workers have to be tested for diabetes , high blood pressure , cholesterol and other things. These results will be turned over to their employer. Each person must reveal their weight. They can be fined an annual $600.00 for refusing or $50.00 a month for not revealing their weight. There is a good possibility that this trend could spread to other big companies soon.
Thanks Obama care!
Argument

Grundy, VA

#5 Mar 20, 2013
There was a hot argument on CNN news this morning about this. The people were talking over each other. I thought I heard them say it was something to do with Obama Care. I am still worried about how much the employees will have to pay for these test. It is bad enough requiring employees to get the the test done not to mention them having to pay something on the cost.
why

Grundy, VA

#7 Mar 21, 2013
Is this not an invasion of privacy? Don't the HIPPA laws protect our privacy concerning our medical records? Why is it any employers' business how much any employee weighs? I'm not as concerned with the cost as I am the invasion of my privacy!
True

Grundy, VA

#8 Mar 21, 2013
This is true about the invasion of our privacy. Also why are employers being allowed to tell us what we can do with our bodies and what we can't. For a long time now Employers have been allowed to do test on workers to check and see if they have been smoking when they are not at work. Is it all because they have to carry health insurance on the workers? Employers don't own us. They aren't GIVING us a thing. We are working our tail ends off for what we get from them.
Employer

Grundy, VA

#9 Mar 21, 2013
I am an employer and I pay your medical premiums. I have a right to know what kind of person I am hiring. I have a right to know what my employees health condition is since I am the one paying for their health insurance. My companies exixtence depends on my employees being physically able to do their job. I am only looking to hire strong healthy people who are able to do a descent days work for a descent days pay. I don't want any dope addicts- no alcoholics- no smokers- no fat people because they are high risk for diabetes -heart disease -cancer- stroke- and other serious health problems. No one with any serious health problems because they miss more days of work than they work. They always have a doctors appointment. Sick and fat people will bankrupt a company in no time at all. The Employers have to have correct knowledge of the employees health status or there will be no job to worry about.
Bill Of Health

Grundy, VA

#10 Mar 21, 2013
This is a Bill Of Health under Obama Care aimed at reducing employer health cost. In the process it also releases our medical records to the employers. Only healthy disease free strong slim and trim non smoking people will be working. Look at the headlines at the top of this forum. This is what employers have been needing for a long time now.
nice

Abingdon, VA

#11 Mar 21, 2013
So glad "change" is coming, Obama was by far the best thing for the little man.
Good Thing

Grundy, VA

#12 Mar 21, 2013
This will really help small businesses who are doing well enough to hire full time workers.
dd

Grundy, VA

#13 Mar 21, 2013
Good Thing wrote:
This will really help small businesses who are doing well enough to hire full time workers.
This will make sure there are no full time employees.
I know

Grundy, VA

#14 Mar 21, 2013
There is going to be help from the gov with health insurance for these part time employees if they are low income.
dd

Abingdon, VA

#15 Mar 21, 2013
Those safety net programs have always been available, its nothing novel.
why

Grundy, VA

#16 Mar 22, 2013
Employer wrote:
I am an employer and I pay your medical premiums. I have a right to know what kind of person I am hiring. I have a right to know what my employees health condition is since I am the one paying for their health insurance. My companies exixtence depends on my employees being physically able to do their job. I am only looking to hire strong healthy people who are able to do a descent days work for a descent days pay. I don't want any dope addicts- no alcoholics- no smokers- no fat people because they are high risk for diabetes -heart disease -cancer- stroke- and other serious health problems. No one with any serious health problems because they miss more days of work than they work. They always have a doctors appointment. Sick and fat people will bankrupt a company in no time at all. The Employers have to have correct knowledge of the employees health status or there will be no job to worry about.
I understand that no employer wants someone on the job who is doing drugs or drinking. And I have no problem with employers requiring a drug test. Apparently, there is no test for drinkers. If they are not drinking at that particular time so that a breathalyzer will pick it up, the employer may never know they start drinking at noon and don't stop until they pass out each night. A blood/urine/mouth swab test needs to be developed for alcohol so that it can be administered by employers. As for smokers,'fat people', diabetics....not all of these people, or even the majority, have serious health issues. Some people smoke fifty years or more with no adverse effects. Diabetes? Some people are born with it, do nothing to cause it or make it worse. And for the most part, it does not effect their job performance. Overweight? Again, that happens sometimes without being caused by lifestyle or poor health. You can't judge a book by it's cover.
Also, there are people with serious health problems that not only NEED to work, but WANT to, and will be one of your best employees. If you can see with your own eyes that they are able and willing to perform their job duties and they are not missing work (for dr. appts. or any other reason), why would it be necessary to know their medical history?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heritage Hall 1 hr Love my mom 2
People posting property in buchanan county 2 hr Tiny 6
gay bar coming to grundy 3 hr rambo 53
Political Damage 3 hr rambo 5
Andrew Lester Andy lester 4 hr U r pathetic 7
Oral Sex Sat Love me not 41
Grundy Homecoming Parade Sat no go 2

Grundy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance