|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

CBer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall this murder. When did this take place?
I don't remember the year, but it hasn't been all that many years ago. Alva was always nice to me. I don't think they even tried to find out what happened...
CBer

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

List of murders unsolved that people having posted on this thread.

George Cochran
Bobby Dotson
Linda Matney
William Hale
and a Wimmer boy from Whitewood
Tammy Smith
Bradley Ward
Mark Justus
Henry Christian
Cody Matney
Jennifer Matney
Danny Mack
Greg Tester
Delmer Owens
Timothy Barton
Randall Davis
Alva Coleman
Robbie Endicott

That's alot of unsolved murders for the county of Buchanan County over the years. I'm sure there are many, many more.
Wee willie

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

CBer wrote:
Danny Mack
His name is Danny Matt, he's named after his great grandfather, Matt Charles. I believe.
Kee Kee

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

yet another wrote:
There was the young guy Robbie Endicott that lived around Looneys Creek and was found hung in his own home. If I remember right they lacked the evidence to prove it on the guy they believed it to be. Its too late even for DNA now. I believe this to have happened around 6-7 yrs. back.
Was DNA not collected or what? How can it be too late if they have the DNA?
cyber

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

it would be too late if both parties involved are now deceased
Kee Kee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

cyber wrote:
it would be too late if both parties involved are now deceased
But was any evidence collected that could have been used?
Rocko

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

Does anyone know if a public citizen can get a copy of the investigation reports for a murder that happen years ago? If you can how do you go about getting a copy? Do you have to be a relative of the one murdered? Or are they sealed up and not viewable to the public?
wondering 2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2009

could you call the sheriff's office or district attorney and find out
REBEL GIRL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Judged:

I feel it's time to bring this list back to the top and see if there are any updates or names that can be added to the list. This is a very interesting topic so we should give it the attention the police should be giving it.
Remember

Bandy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Judged:

Yes George Cochran was Curtice Stacys Grandfather. After this Murder Curtice was convicted of Blowing his wife [Pat Stump] up in that car.
the truth

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Remember wrote:
Yes George Cochran was Curtice Stacys Grandfather. After this Murder Curtice was convicted of Blowing his wife [Pat Stump] up in that car.
was there any suspects at all in the George Cochran murder?

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

re run wrote:
there is a cody matney that went missing a couple years ago
\

Cody went missing 8 years ago, almost 9. He went out that night and later was suppose to meet up with some friends, he never showed. Never heard from again. His friends just thought he went home with a woman. His family and friends need some peace if anyone knows anything please report it!
crossfire

Heiskell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

It has been many years sense George Cochrans death. I rememeber it well. I was in the eight grade in school. My family knew him well and Curtis was my mothers nepfew. Mr. Cochran had a German Sheperd dog that stayed with him at all times and I dont know of anyone that the dog hurt but, it was always curled up at his feet. I am sure if you would have put your hands on Mr. Cochran, you would have gotten bitten. I heard many rumores about who killed him. My Dad said he always packed alot of money and always belived that Curtis killed him. I know Curt was mean. But without proof it is only heresay.
Denise

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Licking the pan wrote:
What about the man that had his ears cut off? Don't remember his name .
Don't remember his name either but it's also unsolved.
Country

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

I think Alva Coleman was burned to death when his homw burned dowwn. It wasn"t long after he was released from prison.
Core driller

Grundy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

crossfire wrote:
It has been many years sense George Cochrans death. I rememeber it well. I was in the eight grade in school. My family knew him well and Curtis was my mothers nepfew. Mr. Cochran had a German Sheperd dog that stayed with him at all times and I dont know of anyone that the dog hurt but, it was always curled up at his feet. I am sure if you would have put your hands on Mr. Cochran, you would have gotten bitten. I heard many rumores about who killed him. My Dad said he always packed alot of money and always belived that Curtis killed him. I know Curt was mean. But without proof it is only heresay.
The dog wasn't a german shepherd it was a mixed breed dog and it was very protective of Mr. Cochran. I used to go to the Edith Fay coal dock with Burk Johnsons' Son Richard Johnson at times with his sons Steve and Rick.
Burk Johnson owned The Edith Fay at one time.
Mr. Cochran was also a crippled man who had only one leg to the best of my rememberance.
Former Grundy Person

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Core driller wrote:
<quoted text>The dog wasn't a german shepherd it was a mixed breed dog and it was very protective of Mr. Cochran. I used to go to the Edith Fay coal dock with Burk Johnsons' Son Richard Johnson at times with his sons Steve and Rick.
Burk Johnson owned The Edith Fay at one time.
Mr. Cochran was also a crippled man who had only one leg to the best of my rememberance.
well, this did not happen in Grundy, but didn't Rick Johnson get murdered also?
Anastasia

Port Republic, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Mr Cochran was thought to have been killed by his wife. Because the dog would not let anyone around him. Mr. Cochran had a little one room building that he stayed in at night to guard the property. You could see the building very clear from the road and the window did not have a curtain, if I remember correctly.
sara

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

CBer wrote:
George Cochran
Bobby Dotson
Linda Matney
William Hale
and a Wimmer boy from Whitewood
Tammy Smith
Bradley Ward
Mark Justus
Henry Christian
Cody Matney
Jennifer Matney
Danny Mack
Greg Tester
Delmer Owens
Timothy Barton
Randall Davis
Alva Coleman
Robbie Endicott
That's alot of unsolved murders for the county of Buchanan County over the years. I'm sure there are many, many more.
Well I dont think Greg Tester was murdered, I came by right after the accident happened and from what I was told he was playing around going from the front of the truck to the bed, now that is just what I know, but it has been said that this was not the first time he had done this. It was a terrible accident I knew he wouldnt make it as soon as I saw him, the whole time I had to wait to get by, he never made a move, so sad for all his family and friends...
David Brinkley

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Judged:

Curtis was a demolitions expert in Vietnam. He found out his wife was cheating and wired dynamite or c-4 to her left turn signal. Placed under her seat. Blew herin half I hear. Iwas at Giavanni's at Vansant and heard the blast from there. It sounded like a car wreck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best/Prettiest girls at GHS? 24 min oops human 7
Job 27 min Well 38
Obama pledges to bulldoze Grundy! 50 min missinghome 7
sara williamson (May '10) 7 hr Rejects 5
Laura Gail Lester Compton 8 hr Phil 19
Whos the girl at the Appalachian Inn? (Nov '12) 14 hr confused 13
Need to do a check at Applician Inn at hoot owl (Aug '09) 14 hr confused 5

Search the Grundy Forum:
•••
•••