dr.allen salerian
systemsgone

Clearwater, FL

#21 Apr 10, 2012
sorry the link looks a bit choppy - it can be found by visiting the Medical Board for District of Columbia - do a physician search
Funny

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Apr 10, 2012
His name is Dr. Alen J. Salerian

He was over prescribing meds.

He gave one person:
240 tablets Oxycodone 30 mg
240 tablets Methodone 10 mg
180 tablets Oxycodone IR 30 mg

per month for several months!

After they drug tested one of his patients getting the high number of meds, they found the patient did not have any drugs in their system.

How can you say this doctor did not know his patients were selling their meds?

If doctors would random drug their patients when then came into their offices to make sure they were taking the meds prescribed a lot of the pills would not end up on the streets!
Happy to see this

Pikeville, KY

#23 Apr 11, 2012
Well I have to reply to your mess.I myself went to this Dr.and I went 2 times and I realized yes he is just there for the money he falsified my records stating i was allergic to morphine which i am not just so he could put me on the medication he wanted to and also they was never no referral to his office yes you could get an appointment for the cash upon seeing he was only a Dr. for the cash i never went back so i say yes he didn't care he was for the money only and i also know several others that was seeing him without a referral just the RIGHT CASH...I myself don't want a Dr.like that.I go to the Dr.to get fixed not to get sicker than I was when went in his office and putting people on all this medication will eventually kill them,and it's obvious it's happening because he wouldn't have got shut down
Just Wandering

United States

#24 Apr 11, 2012
I really feel bad for the patients that truely do need his help for pain related issues.....not the addicts or the ones selling their medication. I hope someone can refer those patients to another doctor for pain managemrnt. Its really sad all of those people have to start all over again trying to find a new doctor. This is going to be the hardest part. Im sure they cannot just go to the ER or their family doctor for their refills. My heart goes out to them.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#25 Apr 11, 2012
This Dr is a good man! He is not in it just for the money!! 80% of his practice is psychiatry 10% is pain management...the reason he started in the pain management is, he himself, had back problems, & he had to have surgery...he said, that he was tortured from the pain, & bc the Dr's, is so afraid to prescribe pain medicine...He actually wants to help people!! The people, that take advantage of him & him wanting to help the people, that really do need help, are user, is the one's at fault! They have ruined him, an hurt so many people who need this kind of medical treatment! & caused this man & his family, to be put thru all the trouble, that it has caused him, & his family! & their lively hood! Of course he wants to make money...don't all Dr's make money? At the sametime wanting to help people!! If it was a crime for Dr's to make money, then we wouldnt have any Dr's! The human race, whatever profession they choose, is to make a living, & provide for their family! The one's who abused his help, medication, are the criminals NOT HIM!!

Location hidden

#26 Apr 11, 2012
Also, I would like to add...at times when his patients doesnt have the money for the Dr visit...he will say, "u don't owe me anything" he will still see his patients if/when they don't have the money! Now how many Dr's do u know, that will do the samething for their patients?? None, that I know of!! They won't even see u without cash up front! So when u say, that this man is only in it for the money...U are so wrong, an obviously do not no what u are talking about!! In order to see this Dr, u have to send in all ur records, Dr, MRI's X-ray's etc..at least that was how to get an appointment with him over a year ago, & if it has changed I don't know it had..But By the time u get to pain management, that means, it isnt a fix for ur condition, &/or need help managing the pain until something can be done..that is what pain management is "To Manage pain" mostly bc it isnt any fix to ur condition! So if it is a fix, & u don't need pain management, then why are u going to a Dr that specializes in Pain Management? They don't seek u out, u seek the Dr!
methadone man

Cedar Bluff, VA

#27 Apr 11, 2012
i just called his office to set up an appointment and the clerk said it would be 2 weeks b4 he will b seeing any patience so maybe he will b up and going in a couple weeks...
Old Grundonian

Grundy, VA

#28 Apr 11, 2012
Try this link, the previous link didn't work for me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alen_J._Salerian

So, a top medical practitioner, winner of the Laughlin Award given to the top psychiatric resident at GWU, a graduate of both Istanbul University and George Washington University and the former head of the FBI's Mobile Psychiatric Emergency response team - is second-guessed by a bunch of policy wonks and office agents in the DEA (wonder how many of them have practiced medicine?) and has his license to prescribe effective pain relievers suspended - he hasn't been convicted, only suspended. Apparently, as far as the DEA is concerned, to hell with his poor patients; I guess they can just go to their local drug "slanger" in the meantime, as honestly chronic acute pain can drive you mad. Salerian's appealed to other doctors to accept and help his patients while he fights this out in court. Isn't it odd that doctors have to put up with this harassment, patients have to suffer intensely because they can't get treatment, but you can still buy those medicines ... oops, drugs, evil, evil drugs ... illegally. The only pain med business that's booming is the illegal one the War on Drugs was supposed to stop. They haven't stopped it, in fact if you can believe any of the statistics it's gotten far worse than in Nixon's time when the "War" started. So, the various agencies haven't done their job and they're a pain (literally) to legitimate doctors and patients - why hasn't the War been stopped and those agencies disbanded?

Please read the article, it's brief but well worth reading.
take note

Cedar Bluff, VA

#29 Apr 11, 2012
take note

Cedar Bluff, VA

#30 Apr 11, 2012
http://164.82.148.59/weblookup /orders/summ_susp%202001_2005/ salerian_4-4-2012.pdf
Old Grundonian

Grundy, VA

#31 Apr 11, 2012
Who Are You To Judge wrote:
...snip...

It is not the doctor's fault they trusted the patient and tried their best to help a person who was sick or in pain. I cannot say this enough....prosecute the addicts and dealers!!
I agree with you for the most part, but I wouldn't prosecute the addicts for their drug problem (I'd prosecute them if they'd committed other crimes, but not just for their addiction even it they're addicted to completely illegal substances), I'd try my very best to help them. If you want to be hardcore about it and just think of budget numbers and tax burden, in the long run it's cheaper to treat and try to rehabilitate them than to prosecute and incarcerate. You've already hurt the dealers by taking a customer away from them if the treatment is successful, even temporarily, and money is power. It may take more than once through the program for some of them, but you've treated the person as a human being, not as an animal, and there's at least some chance you've rescued them. Rehab has recidivism ... but so does prison.

The dealers? Yes, bust them if they're selling medications without proper training or a license, or if they're selling illegal drugs that have no legitimate medical use (it's past time to realize that medical marijuana does help some people). But get off the doctors' backs, MOST of them are just trying to help people and show compassion for those who physically have it a lot rougher than the rest of us do.

There will always be substance abusers. Even if you dried up all the banned "drugs" that could hit possibly the street, the hardcore addicts will be sniffing gasoline or huffing paint or chugging Nyquil or probably a lot of stuff I've never heard about. Bath salts? WTF? It may not be possible to rehabilitate all or even many of those folks, certainly it is impossible if we don't try ... but consider how much smaller the number of incorrigibles would be than the current number of people who are in prison right now for simple possession. Don't forget, the rest of us are paying a high price to keep them in prison for those long sentences that politicians like to brag about, while attempts as rehab doesn't take nearly as long.

Fight the real criminals, not those who've been made criminals just because of arbitrary laws passed by the largely ignorant (usually in an election year). "Drug courts" and rehab have a proven record of turning a lot of people around, even if they don't have nearly 100% results. When are we going to wake up and treat drug problems with some common sense, and let good doctors help their patients?

Sorry for the long rant, but this is one particular failure of political policy that raises my blood pressure. Some wag once said "doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results each time is a sign of insanity". That sums up the War on Drugs pretty neatly.

Location hidden

#32 Apr 11, 2012
Old Grundonian wrote:
Try this link, the previous link didn't work for me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alen_J._Salerian
So, a top medical practitioner, winner of the Laughlin Award given to the top psychiatric resident at GWU, a graduate of both Istanbul University and George Washington University and the former head of the FBI's Mobile Psychiatric Emergency response team - is second-guessed by a bunch of policy wonks and office agents in the DEA (wonder how many of them have practiced medicine?) and has his license to prescribe effective pain relievers suspended - he hasn't been convicted, only suspended. Apparently, as far as the DEA is concerned, to hell with his poor patients; I guess they can just go to their local drug "slanger" in the meantime, as honestly chronic acute pain can drive you mad. Salerian's appealed to other doctors to accept and help his patients while he fights this out in court. Isn't it odd that doctors have to put up with this harassment, patients have to suffer intensely because they can't get treatment, but you can still buy those medicines ... oops, drugs, evil, evil drugs ... illegally. The only pain med business that's booming is the illegal one the War on Drugs was supposed to stop. They haven't stopped it, in fact if you can believe any of the statistics it's gotten far worse than in Nixon's time when the "War" started. So, the various agencies haven't done their job and they're a pain (literally) to legitimate doctors and patients - why hasn't the War been stopped and those agencies disbanded?
Please read the article, it's brief but well worth reading.
Dr Salerian has impeccable credentials! It just amazes me, that he was once the Dr, that the FBI went too, wanted him, with all his knowledge, education, common sense, he was apart of their team, "head of the FBI's Mobile Psychiatric Emergency response team" But now, according the very same people, he's a quack, trying to destroy this man, destroy his practice?? How does that come about? One day, he's the man, the next going after him, like he's a terrorist!! I do believe its bc he is bringing to light, the false information, that the government is leading the public to believe..It also leads me to think, that maybe he has knowledge of other information, that they do not want made public! Then his defense attorney, an the attorneys assistant, was killed in a plane crash? The sameway, that officials has used in the past, to get rid of people they wanted out of the way "in a plane crash" I have did my research on Dr Salerian..he is not a drug dealer! He is a compassionate, knowledgeable, physician, who only wants to help his patients! At one time, that was more than enough for the United States government!

Location hidden

#33 Apr 11, 2012
firstdonoharm wrote:
To set the record straigt, the medications I received were properly administered by myself. I sat in the same waiting room observing people who came and went. Tho' I do not proclaim to be a Dr., on my many visits I observed a completly different scenerio than you spoke of, which in turn caused me to question what was really going on there. A big HAHA goes out to you for stating that the physicians are a minority as to the blame. Weekly newspapers proves this false, the majority "going down" are people who trusted their caregivers thus, for some, creating a never-ending spiral of events, whether it be taking a medication that they quickly become immune to or, for such a large percentage, not being able to pay for the services they felt they required to survive, becoming caught up in a survival mode, once becoming addicted. I'm sure everyone has heard the cliche', "one is too many and a 1000 is never enough". I know there is no simple solution to this problem but I don't feel I'm the only one that fell into this dark trap. Again, I'm sure Dr. Salerian helped many people who truly needed it but apparently, with what has occured with his practice, they are in the minority. My prayers go out to the ones that truly needed his help that are now going to suffer.
The Weekly News just some of the one's Dr Salerian was proving they were given false information, & exactly who is releasing the false information! http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/12/28/is-th... This link will take u to the correct statistics

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#35 Apr 11, 2012
I think the world of Dr Salerian. He has gave me my life back. I hope everything works out for him because I don't know what I would do without him. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In my opinion he is a great doctor....very intelligent, interesting, and compassionate. I will say he is too trusting of some. I think if he would drug screen all of his pain patients and make random pill counts he could weed out the ones that truely do not need him like some of us do. It's always a bad apple in the bunch that has to spoil things for the rest of us. The good that he does will eventually, one day, outshine the negative that others have conveyed of him. I hope for the best for him and his family and pray that this will all be over soon.
systems gone

Raven, VA

#36 Apr 12, 2012
http://164.82.148.59/weblookup /orders/summ_susp%202001_2005/ salerian_4-4-2012.pdf
For all the know it alls

Raven, VA

#37 Apr 12, 2012
Everyone needs to stop an read this since so many think they "know it all"

For all the know it alls

Raven, VA

#38 Apr 12, 2012
I have tried to post this twice but it seems to put spaces in between So copy the link an delete all the spaces until it looks like a normal URL without any spaces
google

Raleigh, NC

#39 Apr 12, 2012
google Washington Board of Med. Then you can follow the links to get you to the records you are looking for. I think you can go to the discipline link to find it.
You will see that his lic is suspended; also the complaints against him.
google

Raleigh, NC

#40 Apr 12, 2012
Health Professional Licensing Administration : Board of Medicine
Board of Medicine Abstract: Board of Medicine Mission Statement 'To protect and
enhance the health, safety, and well-being of District of Columbia residents by ...

www.hpla.doh.dc.gov/bomed

Try this site then go to phy search.
INFO

Richlands, VA

#41 Apr 12, 2012
Dr. Salerian is my aunt's current doctor and she spoke personally with him over the phone yesterday and he told her that his office should be up and running again on monday. She had an appointment with him and needed to know if her appointment had been cancelled or what, so she gave him a phone call and and left a message he immedieatly returned her call and gave her this information he also said the board did not suspeend his license it was the mayor who's name is Vincet Gray you can email him or write a letter to voice your concerns if you would like to stand up for Dr. Salerian he has been a great doctor to her and she loves him. He is a great person with a huge heart. contact info for Vincet Gray can be found at the bottom of this webpage http://mayor.dc.gov/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Britni Quesenberry???? 21 hr New2grundy 30
timmy shorteidge and family Fri Jimmy 4
The Nickles family of drug dealers and addicts Fri Leave them alone 8
Debbie Hurley Mcclanahan (Aug '12) Fri Runner 24
Shane Looney Fri Looney looneys 5
Trying to find where sum one works Fri ladonna 2
ladies where are you Feb 15 looking 1

Grundy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance