Grundy High School
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
D_WL

Fedscreek, KY

#1 Jun 3, 2008
What do you think about the teachers and GHS?
objective oppinion

Clarksburg, WV

#2 Jun 3, 2008
Id say you have a good bunch of teachers and a good school....I attended a different school in the county and I if I could go back in time would have went to Grundy...I think it's the best school in the count High School that is...
Grundy Graduate

Clarksburg, WV

#3 Jun 3, 2008
objective oppinion wrote:
Id say you have a good bunch of teachers and a good school....I attended a different school in the county and I if I could go back in time would have went to Grundy...I think it's the best school in the count High School that is...
Grundy is a very good school, and there are good teachers there. As with any school there are those that are better than others. No school is perfect.
Wave Pride

Dayton, VA

#4 Jun 3, 2008
Grundy has a historical reputation of producing some outstanding alumnae. Francis Gary Powers,"Smiley" Ratliff,Lee Smith etc... Oh, and Ryan O'Quinn! LOL
And we dare not forget those Bad A** wrestlers, we rock!

I AM IRONMAN!
Eager2Learn

United States

#5 Jun 3, 2008
Well I think there are a lot of really good substitue teachers and aides working at GHS and they should be equally commended for the incredible job they do. I for one know of a sub in particular who goes above and beyond whats required of her, Megan Wolford! Shes awesome!!!!!!!!!
Anti

Nicholasville, KY

#6 Jun 4, 2008
I attended GHS several years ago and IMHO the education was pitiful. Most of the teachers I had werent entirely qualified to teach the subjects that they were teaching, and as with most small town schools if you wrestled or played football you pretty much had a silver spoon shoved in your mouth. Other actives such as the band had to duct tape their uniforms together...where the football players had that huge field house built. To me grundy has never really promoted education or the excellence of arts....and I doubt that it ever well. A vast majority of its graduates go on to big schools, but more flunk out of these schools in the first semester than continue on because they havent actually learned or been taught half the stuff that they should have.
CanC

United States

#7 Jun 4, 2008
Anti wrote:
I attended GHS several years ago and IMHO the education was pitiful. Most of the teachers I had werent entirely qualified to teach the subjects that they were teaching, and as with most small town schools if you wrestled or played football you pretty much had a silver spoon shoved in your mouth. Other actives such as the band had to duct tape their uniforms together...where the football players had that huge field house built. To me grundy has never really promoted education or the excellence of arts....and I doubt that it ever well. A vast majority of its graduates go on to big schools, but more flunk out of these schools in the first semester than continue on because they havent actually learned or been taught half the stuff that they should have.
Must be the reason why the spelling is so bad on this forum.
objective oppinion

Clarksburg, WV

#8 Jun 4, 2008
Anti wrote:
sounds like you got slapped around by some of them ornery wrasslers or football players....
Anti

Nicholasville, KY

#9 Jun 4, 2008
lol, quite the contary. You apparently graduated in a diffrent era than I did. The "wrasslers" and football players were sniveling f*ggots without any balls when I graduated.
Darla

Somerset, PA

#10 Jun 4, 2008
Anti,
You are right on every count, I graduated from Grundy Senior High. When a kid graduates and cannot spell "CASH" to fill out a check something is very wrong.I had this happen many times when young people came into my store to pay for items.
Grundy Schools have always had the elite and the poor that always get left out of everything.
Grundy has never been interested in teaching the young people,always been that way and always will. The people in the area never learn to take a real interest in the community and voice their opinion and make themselves heard. One child left behind is terrible and should never happen.money can buy anything in Grundy. But the poor don't have that privilege.
Anti

Nicholasville, KY

#11 Jun 5, 2008
I think that if anything your middle class students are probably more opressed than any in Grundy. They arnt so and sos kid, and they arnt obviously poor and thus get assistance. I grew up and was in that middle class spectrum. I can safetly say that my entire time at GHS I wasnt taught anything that I didnt already know, its like education stopped at about 8th grade. Now I did have some fabulous 8th grade teachers at JM Bevins. GHS in my opinion was a waste of time.

Pretty much alot of the "jock" kids got great grades because #1 the teachers had to give them atleast decent marks so they could play sports,#2 because mommy and daddy knows this person and that and could probably get the teacher in a world of shit, and #3 because they cheated like rats on everything they ever did in school and nobody would say anything about it. But I do agree with you Darla, I know of alot of the people I graduated with that cant do basic math or english. Because Ive had class with them at SWVCC which isnt a huge step up from GHS but atleast it isnt so bad. Its sad when an 18-19year old cant compose a correct paper or do fractions or multiplication.

But with that everybody says we have some "badass wrestlers" unless they go pro where is that going to get them in life? Absolutly nowhere without a halfway decent education. I find it a tragedy of sorts that people these days just find it so damn cool to be stupid. Its like the less they know the more wonderful and happy they are. But then they do say ignorance is bliss, so I guess if they dont know anything they cant see all the bullshit floating around them in this toliet we call home.
granny

Clarksburg, WV

#12 Jun 5, 2008
total bull shit the 2 above post..Thats all I havee ever heard is that Grundy gets everything..
Well darling let me bust your bubble..I went to Hurley and Hurley and Twin Valley both have newer better schools thats INFRASTRUCTURE if you cant figure that out but the thing Grundy has that is better is there teachers and by the way,you got kids at all schools that struggle and you have rich kids every where as well....sorry you didnt fit in either of those clicks..I didnt either I put my nose in the books and studied...
Icdou

Clarksburg, WV

#13 Jun 5, 2008
granny wrote:
total bull shit the 2 above post..Thats all I havee ever heard is that Grundy gets everything..
Well darling let me bust your bubble..I went to Hurley and Hurley and Twin Valley both have newer better schools thats INFRASTRUCTURE if you cant figure that out but the thing Grundy has that is better is there teachers and by the way,you got kids at all schools that struggle and you have rich kids every where as well....sorry you didnt fit in either of those clicks..I didnt either I put my nose in the books and studied...
Who cares about fitting into a click? I sure never did, and because of this I am a beter person. All schools have them, and they always will. I did however, get a good education. I can spell, make change, and yes get a degree in business. So all is not bad at any school. It is up to the person to do well. Being popular sure isn't the most important thing. Heck. aren't we all important?:)
Anti

Nicholasville, KY

#14 Jun 6, 2008
Yeah, I just love it when my teacher is not licensed to teach the subjects that they are teaching and they dont even have a freakin masters degree in anything...yeah thats the making for a great class experience. Expecially when your teacher spends all of your class period doing her homework for her own college class.
IronMan

Atlanta, GA

#15 Jun 6, 2008
Anti wrote:
...Pretty much alot of the "jock" kids got great grades because #1 the teachers had to give them atleast decent marks so they could play sports,#2 because mommy and daddy knows this person and that and could probably get the teacher in a world of shit, and #3 because they cheated like rats on everything they ever did in school and nobody would say anything about it.

...But with that everybody says we have some "badass wrestlers" unless they go pro where is that going to get them in life?...
*giggle* I think I fell into the "jock" category. I got good grades b/c 1)Had caring parents that encouraged good study habits and encouraged success! 2)Drive to do well in Everything! And 3)I'm just naturally smart!!! Good Genes!

"Badass Wrestlers," Where are we? Just look around. We're pretty diverse and successful and we definately used the tools we were so fortunate to gleen from the GWC and our worldly travels! BTW, it's not arrogance if one possesses the skills they display... It's jelousy on the part of the perceiver! In other words, If you HAVE it, FLAUNT it!
Anti

Nicholasville, KY

#16 Jun 6, 2008
As I said, the ones I graduated with for the most part went to nice schools and flunked out the first semester because nobody was there to hold their precious little hand and baby them. I never said all were like that, or everybody. I said that most of the ones I knew did that because they were infact passed without cause.

Guess you and I have something in common, I did very little work in GHS and still graduated in the top 20, I cant remember a time ever studying for a test and always got in the higher end of the SOL tests. Point proven I didnt have to study to get As because GHS school system is in the bottom of the barrel of public schools, there simply wasnt much academic challenge in that building.
Hey there---

Clarksburg, WV

#17 Jun 6, 2008
Anti wrote:
As I said, the ones I graduated with for the most part went to nice schools and flunked out the first semester because nobody was there to hold their precious little hand and baby them. I never said all were like that, or everybody. I said that most of the ones I knew did that because they were infact passed without cause.
Guess you and I have something in common, I did very little work in GHS and still graduated in the top 20, I cant remember a time ever studying for a test and always got in the higher end of the SOL tests. Point proven I didnt have to study to get As because GHS school system is in the bottom of the barrel of public schools, there simply wasnt much academic challenge in that building.
If you scored in the top end of the SOLs....I don't see how you can state that your school ranks in the bottom of the barrel....it seems as if something was going right "in that building"!!!!
Kilroy

Somerset, PA

#18 Jun 6, 2008
granny go back to school and learn to spell ! their not there teachers and have . Grundy Schools suck
THE TRUTH

Clarksburg, WV

#19 Jun 6, 2008
Granny's old..It's allright if she sucks...Whats your excuse?
Anti

Nicholasville, KY

#20 Jun 6, 2008
I said that alot of the teachers there are poor excuses and that overall it wasnt any benefit to me to go there. I had about 3 good teachers at GHS. I feel that way because I saw alot of people being passed on because of who their parents were and what sport they played. I also had quite a number of classes where my teacher wasnt certified in that field and others where my teacher was going to school herself and spent our class time doing her homework. I also know of ALOT of people that I graduated with that cant do basic kinds of things because they werent taught they were just passed on. I know more that got a semester into college and couldnt hack it because they didnt know how to do anything. To me...that doesnt make for a good school when there are so many that just dont know how to do anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do u know trouble ramey (Sep '11) 7 hr Long ago 43
Poll Ever meet a Siltner worth peeing on if they wer... 8 hr Family 3
Margo Keene 8 hr Family 2
Chucky Mullins Live (Aug '13) 15 hr Chucky Mullins 10
DRUG testing at walmart (Jul '11) Mon Dirich2010 49
Joshua b addair Sun been there 5
Meth Lab On Garden Creek.. Sun Where 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grundy Mortgages