Noah Horn Well Drilling

Posted in the Grundy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Job seeker

Raven, VA

#1 Jan 14, 2011
Does anyone know if Noah Horn Well Drilling is hiring?
advice

Harrisonburg, VA

#2 Jan 14, 2011
depends on what for who you are etc my advice dont go for them theyre not good to their men
Curious too

Pounding Mill, VA

#3 Jan 14, 2011
advice wrote:
depends on what for who you are etc my advice dont go for them theyre not good to their men
I wasn't aware of that. Any specifics?
Wife

Grundy, VA

#4 Jan 14, 2011
Well this is my opinion...my husband is an employee there and we can only say good things about the company. The fact that he gets to work 60 hours a week and have free insurance is a big plus to our family. If they aren't good to you, then maybe you aren't doing what you are suppose to be doing (just my opinion). Alot of people complained about the Christmas Bonus, well guess what at least they got a bonus, even if it was a hundred dollars, that is way more than we expected. Again, we are very pleased with the company, they have been wonderful!
Job seeker

Pounding Mill, VA

#5 Jan 14, 2011
Wow! Free insurance? That is awesome! Is that free insurance on the entire family or just the employee? I definitely need to work somewhere that has good insurance and if the company pays for it, that is even better!
Wife

Grundy, VA

#6 Jan 14, 2011
Job seeker wrote:
Wow! Free insurance? That is awesome! Is that free insurance on the entire family or just the employee? I definitely need to work somewhere that has good insurance and if the company pays for it, that is even better!
After you have been there for 5 years you get free insurance-but the premiums aren't that expensive-for family, I think it is around 135.00 every 2 weeks and it is great insurance-no deductible, 10.00 co pay to primary doctor, dental, vision
Job seeker

Pounding Mill, VA

#7 Jan 14, 2011
Wife wrote:
<quoted text>
After you have been there for 5 years you get free insurance-but the premiums aren't that expensive-for family, I think it is around 135.00 every 2 weeks and it is great insurance-no deductible, 10.00 co pay to primary doctor, dental, vision
That's not bad at all. And the free insurance after 5 yrs is still unheard of. Pretty good incentive to stay. Most places your insurance just keeps going up or the quality goes down but to have the possibility of free insurance, pretty rare if not even unheard of.

Sounds to me like they are pretty good to their employees.
Job seeker

Pounding Mill, VA

#8 Jan 14, 2011
Would you happen to know how long after you are hired before the insurance kicks in?
Wife

Grundy, VA

#9 Jan 15, 2011
Job seeker wrote:
Would you happen to know how long after you are hired before the insurance kicks in?
If you can get all the paperwork in before the end of the month then you can have it at the beginning of the month.
wife of former employee

AOL

#10 Jan 15, 2011
unless you are desperate i wouldn't apply for a job there. they treat their men wrong. it doesn't matter how long they've worked there. they find every reason to get rid of them. no it isn't because they don't do their jobs it's because they only think of themselves. noah horn would be ashamed at what his company has turned into. he took care of his men & appreciated them. no one there now appreciates anything but themselves. unless your nose is turned just the right brown color or your lips isn't shaped just right suckable way then you have no hope of keeping the job if you do get it.
me too

Grundy, VA

#11 Jan 15, 2011
wife of former employee wrote:
unless you are desperate i wouldn't apply for a job there. they treat their men wrong. it doesn't matter how long they've worked there. they find every reason to get rid of them. no it isn't because they don't do their jobs it's because they only think of themselves. noah horn would be ashamed at what his company has turned into. he took care of his men & appreciated them. no one there now appreciates anything but themselves. unless your nose is turned just the right brown color or your lips isn't shaped just right suckable way then you have no hope of keeping the job if you do get it.
I totally agree with this. My husband use to work for them, and he hated it .
wife of former employee

AOL

#12 Jan 15, 2011
it was a good place to be work until noah passed away.
they try every way they can think of to "save money" & this means taking salaries from the ones who use to get salaries by putting them back to another position, reducing their hours, hardly any overtime & not to mention the drama.
like i said, noah would be ashamed of what his company has turned into.
spence

North Tazewell, VA

#13 Jan 15, 2011
must be one of the whiney dopers wives
wife of former employee

AOL

#14 Jan 15, 2011
spence wrote:
<quoted text>must be one of the whiney dopers wives
no sweetie. i'm the wife of a former employee who was "let go" after putting in many years of work. lies were told by a co-worker who had made his brags that he'd make sure my husband had no job & this co-worker didn't have the balls to confront my husband himself to say why he had it in for my husband. he hides behind the ones that he has his brown nose stuck up their behinds & his lips wrapped tightly around just the right place to keep his job! and fyi...my husband isn't a dopey.
things happen for a reason. he has a much better job (got the offer the day he was "let go" as a matter of fact) & works for a much better company. i only replied because i didn't want to see anyone else get treated wrong.
now, what else would you like to say?!
Job seeker

Pounding Mill, VA

#15 Jan 15, 2011
Wife of former employee, could you email me at peace2un2011@yahoo.com? Thanks!
spence

North Tazewell, VA

#16 Jan 15, 2011
<quoted text>
no sweetie. i'm the wife of a former employee who was "let go" after putting in many years of work. lies were told by a co-worker who had made his brags that he'd make sure my husband had no job & this co-worker didn't have the balls to confront my husband himself to say why he had it in for my husband. he hides behind the ones that he has his brown nose stuck up their behinds & his lips wrapped tightly around just the right place to keep his job! and fyi...my husband isn't a dopey.
things happen for a reason. he has a much better job (got the offer the day he was "let go" as a matter of fact) & works for a much better company. i only replied because i didn't want to see anyone else get treated wrong.
now, what else would you like to say?!
just that you are a half truth telling liar or perhaps you don't know the truth yourself, I know who you are referring to
Wife

Grundy, VA

#17 Jan 15, 2011
I hate that all this has happened to the men that use to work there-again, its only my opinion but the company has been good to my husband, we have no complaints-just happy to have a job and insurance!
wife 2

Tazewell, VA

#18 Jan 15, 2011
i agree noah would be ashamed of how the company has turned out. he took care of his men because he knew what a hard job they did. i agree they have some good benefits like the insurance but they are not nearly as good as when he was alive
wife of former employee

AOL

#19 Jan 15, 2011
spence wrote:
<quoted text>just that you are a half truth telling liar or perhaps you don't know the truth yourself, I know who you are referring to
well if you know the whole truth then please by all means tell it!
wife of former employee

AOL

#20 Jan 15, 2011
Wife wrote:
I hate that all this has happened to the men that use to work there-again, its only my opinion but the company has been good to my husband, we have no complaints-just happy to have a job and insurance!
you are correct when you said something about an opinion. i should have said that (thank you for pointing that out)...this is my opinion of them but i'm not the only one with this opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grundy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nathan tote (Mar '10) 50 min ITS ME 52
how to report drug dealers (May '13) 1 hr Pete 20
Jewell layoffs 5 hr Correct 12
drug dogs 8 hr Informant 3
job at sykes 16 hr hater 6
why does everybody hate food city? (Nov '10) 19 hr singh 55
Ray foster Tue Question 7
Grundy Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web